1,157 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2019 at 8:31 PM, Bfree3 said:

Hi Guys,

So my interview basically went up in flames. The Officer had both my I-130 and my I-485. The interview was broken down into two parts because my husband as the petitioner had to answer all things related to the I-130 and I had to answer everything related to the I-485 but he had to go first. He forgot my year of birth, the year we got my married and how long we've been married, didn't know our home address, or how long hes been working at his job- like I said total flames!🔥🔥🔥. So at this point the CO is looking at us suspiciously and then questions if we have any additional evidence to offer, which I didn't. Between my husbands lack of knowledge and her going in on us about lack of evidence, I got very snippy cause I was totally over the entire interview at this point even though we didn't go over I-485 as yet.

In the end, she told us we would have to bring additional evidence for her to approve our case. I left the interview feeling utterly disappointed and frustrated and just spent the remainder of that day trying to gather this additional evidence. My husband dropped off the evidence and then we waited for 3 days for the status to finally only update to "case sent to initial review". I was so befuddled. Then the next day received a message about the status being approved. Today received update that card was shipped. 

Another part of this journey down. Next step, citizenship. 

Congratulations!!!

Seems like a long and hard journey...

Good luck for the future!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
On 10/29/2019 at 9:45 PM, VG31 said:

Congratulations on getting your GC.

My case is going no where, it's been over 2.5 years of waiting and over 1+ year of waiting since I filed my AOS. I've just filed AP/EAD Renewal last week.

No sign of interview and no movement on my pending i-130 with NBC :(

Good luck Bfree3

Thank you,The officer definitely made it clear to us that had my husband's status not recently been changed to US Citizen that she would not have been able to move forward with the interview process.

I filed for my renewal as well prior to getting my interview. I know it is long and trying but just keep the faith. Good luck my friend!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 10/26/2019 at 8:31 PM, Bfree3 said:

Hi Guys,

So my interview basically went up in flames. The Officer had both my I-130 and my I-485. The interview was broken down into two parts because my husband as the petitioner had to answer all things related to the I-130 and I had to answer everything related to the I-485 but he had to go first. He forgot my year of birth, the year we got my married and how long we've been married, didn't know our home address, or how long hes been working at his job- like I said total flames!🔥🔥🔥. So at this point the CO is looking at us suspiciously and then questions if we have any additional evidence to offer, which I didn't. Between my husbands lack of knowledge and her going in on us about lack of evidence, I got very snippy cause I was totally over the entire interview at this point even though we didn't go over I-485 as yet.

In the end, she told us we would have to bring additional evidence for her to approve our case. I left the interview feeling utterly disappointed and frustrated and just spent the remainder of that day trying to gather this additional evidence. My husband dropped off the evidence and then we waited for 3 days for the status to finally only update to "case sent to initial review". I was so befuddled. Then the next day received a message about the status being approved. Today received update that card was shipped. 

Another part of this journey down. Next step, citizenship. 

Congratulations!!!

I would’ve been sooooo mad at my husband lol 

I’m glad it worked out though. 

So, because my case does not move anywhere, I contacted my Congresswoman. After more than one month waiting I got a reply stating that:

"Our records indicate that your constituent’s priority date is not yet current.  For their priority date to be current, it must be earlier than the Final Action cut-off date listed on the Department of State Visa Bulletin for their preference category. ". 

I'm really confused and do not understand what they are talking about, since the visa is "current' in the Final Action chart. I sent another email to my Representative with the explanations, but it's so frustrating. USCIS never sent me a reply on any of my inquiries, also they did stated that they sent it.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 11/14/2019 at 8:19 PM, Clotillda said:

So, because my case does not move anywhere, I contacted my Congresswoman. After more than one month waiting I got a reply stating that:

"Our records indicate that your constituent’s priority date is not yet current.  For their priority date to be current, it must be earlier than the Final Action cut-off date listed on the Department of State Visa Bulletin for their preference category. ". 

I'm really confused and do not understand what they are talking about, since the visa is "current' in the Final Action chart. I sent another email to my Representative with the explanations, but it's so frustrating. USCIS never sent me a reply on any of my inquiries, also they did stated that they sent it.

Unfortunately USCIS is not going to respond to your service request until unless it has crossed the processing timeline. I tried the same and no response.

There is nothing you or I can do under this situation except for waiting. I just filed for AP/EAD renewal. Still no clue when my interview is going to be schedule. Current processing timeline for Seattle is 18-21 months and they're still working on March 2018 cases.

Having a priority date as current has no effect on how fast your case will move, the only way it helps for the applicants who has yet to file for AOS and their chart B is not currently yet. This is just understanding and I can be wrong here.

What's your PD?

Thanks,

Vg

Timeline
On 6/11/2019 at 8:23 AM, metehiki said:

Sent documents: May 11th, 2019

Delivered: May 13th, 2019

Got text messages: May 16th, 2019

Got all receipts for I485/765/131: May 20th, 2019

Biometrics appointment: June 4th, 2019 

P.S. The biometrics appointment was super easy and quick! 

I-130 approved: November 19th, 2019

On 10/19/2019 at 9:35 AM, Newone52 said:

October 30, 2018 - Priority date for I-130, sent to California Service Center

June 6, 2019 - We filled I-485, I-131, I-765 while our I-130 is still pending (we're current under Dates for Filling)

June 26, 2019 - Biometrics in Detroit

August 28, 2019 - Our I-130 was transfered from California to National Benefits Center (but was never accepted there)

October 16, 2019 - We received courtesy letter for Medical Examination (I-693)

October 18, 2019 - "Case is reaady to be scheduled...", and a few hours later sweet "Interview was scheduled" for December 2, 2019

November 19, 2019 - EAD card is being produced.

A little update. Getting there slowly but surely!

On 11/19/2019 at 9:12 PM, Newone52 said:

A little update. Getting there slowly but surely!

Congratulations on the EAD. I am curious about your i130. In your timeline

August 28, 2019 - Our I-130 was transfered from California to National Benefits Center (but was never accepted there)

How do you know it wasn't accepted there (NBC). My i130 (PD December 2018) also got transferred to NBC after we filed i485 in JUNE.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, username007 said:

How do you know it wasn't accepted there (NBC). My i130 (PD December 2018) also got transferred to NBC after we filed i485 in JUNE.

This is a good question. How can we know that what happens next if it is transfered to NBC? Or what happens next if it is approved without any transfer?
2 weeks ago I got a letter from CSC (California Service Center) that we cannot approve your I-130 because it will be adjudicated together with your I-485. (I had sent a SR to CSC because my I-130 was outside of normal processing times)
I said okay, it means that they will transfer it to NBC where my I-485 is sitting now so they will transfer it to my Field Office once we are assigned an interview date.
But what happened? They approved my I-130 without transferring it and I don't know it's a good thing or bad thing. No interview date assigned, no EAD card issued.
I sent my I-485/I-765/I-131 package in early-May.

On 11/17/2019 at 3:14 PM, VG31 said:

Unfortunately USCIS is not going to respond to your service request until unless it has crossed the processing timeline. I tried the same and no response.

There is nothing you or I can do under this situation except for waiting. I just filed for AP/EAD renewal. Still no clue when my interview is going to be schedule. Current processing timeline for Seattle is 18-21 months and they're still working on March 2018 cases.

Having a priority date as current has no effect on how fast your case will move, the only way it helps for the applicants who has yet to file for AOS and their chart B is not currently yet. This is just understanding and I can be wrong here.

What's your PD?

Thanks,

Vg

When did you get your initial EAD card based on AoS?. My case is similar (AoS married to LPR), waiting for EAD. Seattle office

2 hours ago, username007 said:

Thanks!

But unfortunately EAD basically will be useless, because between the day we'd get it in our mailbox and the interview, there will be like 1 week...

I believe our I-130 was not accepted yet, because I assume we'd have Notice of Action or any other notification stating it was accepted. I also assume it will be accepted/declined on the interview.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, username007 said:

When did you get your initial EAD card based on AoS?. My case is similar (AoS married to LPR), waiting for EAD. Seattle office

I received my EAD/AP on 1st February 2019 based on pending AOS.

I've filed for renewal last month since it's going to expire in Feb 2020.

On 11/21/2019 at 4:33 PM, Newone52 said:

But unfortunately EAD basically will be useless, because between the day we'd get it in our mailbox and the interview, there will be like 1 week...

Update: not even a week. According to USPS Informed Delivery we'll get it tomorrow. Our interview is on Monday. We'll be enjoying it for 2 or 3 business days.

Ridiculous. Such a waste of money and resources.

Edited by Newone52

We had our interview today. Approved on the spot! Now I just checked the status of I-485 which says "New card is being produced!"

It was a quick, easy and pleasant experience!

The officer - professional and respectful lady - said she was happy that our package was "clear and beautiful", meaning that the case was very well organised by our attorney. Stated that it made her work super easy, so she didn't want to get any additional document from us besides medical form which we did not submit with the package.

Not even one question about our relationship was asked. She only asked my husband the standard from I-485 form, like "Have you ever been convicted?" etc. Overall the whole interview took like 10 minutes.

Our journey took 13 months altogether, since filling I-130 in October 2018 and then I-485 in June 2019. No RFE, no delays. I guess we were lucky, but I must also admitt that the money spent on our attorney's work were a good investment. Saved us a lot of time and nerves. It was especially important to us because we couldn't afford being denied, since of course I am LPR, not US citizen, so any overstay could be detrimental to our case. I'm saying it because a lot of our friends&family thought that it's a waste, that we could do it by ourselves. Well, of course we could, but today I'm happy we did not!

Anyway - thank you guys for every post, I read them all, and that was really helpful too! Wishing all of you the best of luck and see you in 2 years (ROC)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
17 hours ago, Newone52 said:

We had our interview today. Approved on the spot! Now I just checked the status of I-485 which says "New card is being produced!"

It was a quick, easy and pleasant experience!

The officer - professional and respectful lady - said she was happy that our package was "clear and beautiful", meaning that the case was very well organised by our attorney. Stated that it made her work super easy, so she didn't want to get any additional document from us besides medical form which we did not submit with the package.

Not even one question about our relationship was asked. She only asked my husband the standard from I-485 form, like "Have you ever been convicted?" etc. Overall the whole interview took like 10 minutes.

Our journey took 13 months altogether, since filling I-130 in October 2018 and then I-485 in June 2019. No RFE, no delays. I guess we were lucky, but I must also admitt that the money spent on our attorney's work were a good investment. Saved us a lot of time and nerves. It was especially important to us because we couldn't afford being denied, since of course I am LPR, not US citizen, so any overstay could be detrimental to our case. I'm saying it because a lot of our friends&family thought that it's a waste, that we could do it by ourselves. Well, of course we could, but today I'm happy we did not!

Anyway - thank you guys for every post, I read them all, and that was really helpful too! Wishing all of you the best of luck and see you in 2 years (ROC)!

Congrats! One of very few attorneys that seem to do a good job. Glad to hear that there are law firms that actually do their work properly. 

Makes me even prouder that I did everything myself even though I did worry a lot as a spouse of an LPR. lol 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.