3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

I filed in November 2016 I recieved a rfe in January 2018 the rfe was qualifying relationship and abuse and some dates that didnt match my lawyer responded in March 26th and in may 25th I recieved ead c31 my case was approved after she responded!! Have faith n patience will be ur bestfriend for a while !

what did u send for as qualifying relationship and abuse 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Just now, ruchit12 said:

what did u send for as qualifying relationship and abuse 

We sent a copy of the first marriage certificate bc we married twice and a copy of the first apartment lease and for abuse affidavits of friends and family that were present during abuse very detailed 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

We sent a copy of the first marriage certificate bc we married twice and a copy of the first apartment lease and for abuse affidavits of friends and family that were present during abuse very detailed 

so u only sent apartment lease and u got approved also just affidavits for abuse no therapist report   

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ruchit12 said:

so u only sent apartment lease and u got approved also just affidavits for abuse no therapist report   

To answer the rfe yes but I had police report n pics and restraining orders from different states I was married for 3 yrs 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

To answer the rfe yes but I had police report n pics and restraining orders from different states I was married for 3 yrs 

ok thanks 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everybody 

I have a question 

does anyone know what processeings do I need go through to bring my minor child to US?

I’ve recently got my green card through the vawa.

Hope everyone is doing great!

Can you guys give me an advice. I filled for vawa in March 2017, got prima fascie but never got a work authorization since by unknown reasons my case was ruled unde c3 category. I wrote a letter to uscis regarding this, and they ask for another 400$. I don’t have these money right now, and even if I file again and pay the fee I know is going to take a couple months till I get my work authorization so I decided not to pay this fee hoping that I will get some news soon regarding my I360 since I am a March Filler and they are working on February-March cases right now. 

But I am concerned, will this affect my case anyhow? What would you do in my situation?

Thank you all, 

On 7/10/2018 at 7:47 PM, iwillsurvive said:

You’re going to have to travel to the closest live scan location then. You have to submit police clearance for VAWA, so there is not really a way around that. 

yea thats the plan to travel to the closest one but I dont know how to get police clearance from my home country. the embassy and consulate never pick up the phone and my family can't do it back there without my presence did any one ever experience something like this where they weren't able to get their records from their country or another country they lived in?

1 hour ago, notme said:

yea thats the plan to travel to the closest one but I dont know how to get police clearance from my home country. the embassy and consulate never pick up the phone and my family can't do it back there without my presence did any one ever experience something like this where they weren't able to get their records from their country or another country they lived in?

I got police clearance from 4 different countries across 3 continents. Each procedure was different but I emailed with the responsible office each time when I had questions and it worked every time. I would just contact them and explain your situation. There is definitely a way to get police clearance. One time I had to get ink fingerprints taken here and sent them to the other country’s police station. Everything is possible. 

1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

I got police clearance from 4 different countries across 3 continents. Each procedure was different but I emailed with the responsible office each time when I had questions and it worked every time. I would just contact them and explain your situation. There is definitely a way to get police clearance. One time I had to get ink fingerprints taken here and sent them to the other country’s police station. Everything is possible. 

ohh thats really smart i might get ink fingerprints and send it back home that might my only option.

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Goldenvessel said:

Guys did anyone ever get an update like this. I haven’t sent any correspondence to them since I submitted my application, so just wondering what that means or the correspondence their talking about?

BF5A0E47-58B2-44B6-81A2-9CE7B55DBA31.png

Did you asked for prima Gracie renewal?if you did then it’s for it I got the same notification when I renewed my prima Facie.If i May ask when did you file vawa?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.