3,014 posts in this topic

@Miracle28 congratulations :)

Ihope to hear something positive soon as well.

Timeline: 

May 2016 retained an attorney and started to prepare my VAWA petition. 

11/08/2016 mailed my packet

11/28/2016 USCIS rejected my packet (expired forms) :(((  

11/29/2016 Mailed my packet again Via ExpressMail (I-360, I-485, I-864w, I-765, I-912, G-325A) with previous rejection notice on top & a request to expedite EAD

12/14/2016 Date on the NOA  

12/31/2016 Attorney emailed my Prima Facie (Notice date 12/19/2018)   (180 days)

01/14/2017 Mailed my husband’s birth certificate with the blue receipt that came with my Prima Facie

01/17/2018 I-360 online Update (correspondence received)

12/25/2016 Notice for Biometrics

01/12/2017 Biometrics completed

01/31/2017 EAD update (Ordered my new card)

02/04/2017 My first EAD delivered.

02/06/2017 Picked my EAD & applied for SSN

02/14/2017 Applied for state ID

02/15/2017 Applied for Medicaid

06/03/2017 Received my Prima Facie (180 days)

10/22/2017 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912) and request to extend PF

11/21/2017 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

12/13/2017 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

03/08/2018 Received my Prima Facie (60 days)

05/03/2018 Received my 5th Prima Facie (180 days)

05/08/2018   VAWA approved (online Update)

05/14/2018  Case moved to NBC 

05/15/2018 Approval notice & Deferred Action delivered 

07/26/2018 Mailed EAD Renewal  & AP & Waiver (I-765. I-131, I-912)

09/05/2018 update (ِِAfter responding to the senator's inquiry USCIS stated my file was mailed 08/14/2018 and received by NYC field office 08/23/2018) 

9/22/2018 Received my New EAD/AP combo card

10/24/2018  Attorney emailed my interview notice

11/05/2018 Completed the medical (I-693)

11/08/2018  interview for I-485    (took I-693, W2 & Employment verification letter)     Details in this link https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/679733-vawa-part-11/?page=173&tab=comments#comment-9464423

11/16/2018 Received my GC

08/10/2021 Submitted form N-400 Online and received the receipt notice

08/18/2021 Received notice for biometric reuse

01/18/2022 Notice of interview

02/15/2022 Interview for N-400 and test 

02/22/2022 N-400 approved

02/23/2022 Oath Ceremony Scheduled 

03/17/2022 Oath Ceremony

Only few words for ms Sandra.

Thank you very much. It's my big pleasure to say you this again and again. I found this site a little bit late, otherwise I would not do so many mistakes.

And all this because of Sandra's advice. 

Do you understand what a great job she makes answering the same, sometimes so stupid questions again and again, year by year, month by month and week by week, and she does it for free, only trying to help people.

Sandra was not somebodies personal lawyer, but only adviser, so how could you accuse her? My lawyer whom I paid thousands of dollars made a huge mistake, after what I lost my job. And she did not want even to admit her guilt. I cant count things I understood and did in right direction after started learning this site and mostly due to ms Sandra.

Some people are so ungrateful and unthankful. 

It would be fair from ms Sandra's side not to respond to your questions at all. In my opinion, we all can lose a great opportunity to get a right consulting from the professional. Think about it.

Timeline

So, I applied for marriage-based greencard last October, but will be re-applying for VAWA-based.

However, by this time I should have received EAD which I didn't. When I will reapply for greencard, I'll have to start the whole process again so who knows how long I'd have to waid for EAD again. And I really need money, so it'd be nice to get EAD before I reapplied. 

So I scheduled infopass and they told me that my case is being reviewed and that I probably will receive my EAD soon because It's been almost 6 months now instead of usual 3-4. But then I mentioned that I will be applying for VAWA. Do you think I still will receive EAD now or I shouldn't have mentioned that? 

Filed: Other Timeline
33 minutes ago, betelgeuse said:

So, I applied for marriage-based greencard last October, but will be re-applying for VAWA-based.

However, by this time I should have received EAD which I didn't. When I will reapply for greencard, I'll have to start the whole process again so who knows how long I'd have to waid for EAD again. And I really need money, so it'd be nice to get EAD before I reapplied. 

So I scheduled infopass and they told me that my case is being reviewed and that I probably will receive my EAD soon because It's been almost 6 months now instead of usual 3-4. But then I mentioned that I will be applying for VAWA. Do you think I still will receive EAD now or I shouldn't have mentioned that? 

Typically, saying that you will file VAWA is just a word of mouth an not until you actually file VAWA, your initial petition will still process. 

Filed: Other Timeline
7 hours ago, Veronika691 said:

Only few words for ms Sandra.

Thank you very much. It's my big pleasure to say you this again and again. I found this site a little bit late, otherwise I would not do so many mistakes.

And all this because of Sandra's advice. 

Do you understand what a great job she makes answering the same, sometimes so stupid questions again and again, year by year, month by month and week by week, and she does it for free, only trying to help people.

Sandra was not somebodies personal lawyer, but only adviser, so how could you accuse her? My lawyer whom I paid thousands of dollars made a huge mistake, after what I lost my job. And she did not want even to admit her guilt. I cant count things I understood and did in right direction after started learning this site and mostly due to ms Sandra.

Some people are so ungrateful and unthankful. 

It would be fair from ms Sandra's side not to respond to your questions at all. In my opinion, we all can lose a great opportunity to get a right consulting from the professional. Think about it.

My lawyer told me frankly to my face face that my VAWA application would be denied if not amended. I felt bad of course because i made a very stringent effort putting my story and affidavits from friends and neighbors together. However, when my lawyer reviewed my affidavits and those from my friends, he noted his reasons for foretelling a denial and they include but not limited to;

1) My affidavit and the other supposed affidavits from friends and neighbors were all in the same fonts and formats. He told me he could tell it was a scam because no three people would type and write in almost the same English. Make Sense!

2) My personal affidavit has no element of abuse or extreme cruelty. I wrote my affidavit based on reconcilable differences with my spouse, however it takes elements of abuse of somewhat element of extreme cruelty to qualify for VAWA. Make Sense!

Lets all remember that experience counts and its the best Teacher. With Vawa especially, you dont want to find out your mistake in a hard way. We all better appreciate @sandraj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

hi, I am putting my documents together to file a vawa application. I had a panic attack that landed me in emergency and then I was referred for marriage counseling. Should I just submit a print out of the doctors notes who saw me during my visit or should I go back to the doctor who saw me and tell him to give me a medical report for immigration. I don't know exactly how it works. I look forward to getting an answer. thank you all and great job you all are doing on here.

8 hours ago, Kersac said:

hi, I am putting my documents together to file a vawa application. I had a panic attack that landed me in emergency and then I was referred for marriage counseling. Should I just submit a print out of the doctors notes who saw me during my visit or should I go back to the doctor who saw me and tell him to give me a medical report for immigration. I don't know exactly how it works. I look forward to getting an answer. thank you all and great job you all are doing on here.

I would rather go and ask a report, but anyway, collect every single paper, concerned your case - dont rush up, it took me 8 months to gather all docs together and send them for vawa. Do you have and order of protection? If no, go to family court and ask for it, you have to be safe in your situation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, survivor1 said:

Travelling out of the country today with my Greencard in hand and it feels AMAZING!  Finally going to see my family in over 15 years😥 I’m so emotional. Wishing everyone here success, I’m grateful for you guys, thank you thank you thankyou🙏🏽 My VAWA journey was a smooth one and again I’m ever so grateful.

so happy for u and have a safe journey :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.