TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Unsu007 said:

yes i did,  it's a GC no problems at all.

I just got back with it too. I have it in I94 form. 

Lucky for me, when I got the stamp they let me keep my expired green card. 

And it works like a normal none expired green card on the CBP computer. Funny enough the officer even told “what is this” when I gave him the I94 with I551 stamp on it. He didnt use it. He just scanned my expired green card and it works. 

So I guess the stamp is only good for airline personnel who have no way of checkking if green card still valid

6 hours ago, ApplyingforN400 said:

I just got back with it too. I have it in I94 form. 

Lucky for me, when I got the stamp they let me keep my expired green card. 

And it works like a normal none expired green card on the CBP computer. Funny enough the officer even told “what is this” when I gave him the I94 with I551 stamp on it. He didnt use it. He just scanned my expired green card and it works. 

So I guess the stamp is only good for airline personnel who have no way of checkking if green card still valid

Oh nice.

I still have my GC too, thanks for the info.

Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone may have an answer to this question. Hubby went for a job interview and received a conditional offer of employment they had to run a background check. No problem his record is completely clean. When the background check came back it came back with a charge in Kansas with possession of meth in August 2012. We were flabbergasted. This is completely false. First he's never been to Kansas and second he hadn't even ever visited America yet at this time. Also when he moved in with me after he immigrated our apartment complex ran his background check and it came out clean. When he had jobs in the past in the last couple years in America and he had background checks conducted they came out clean. Also he passed AOS and they would have conducted the strictest background checks and he was approved with no problem. I'm worried that this background check conducted by this job is going to screw up his immigration process for ROC and N-400. We filed a dispute with the background check company but it'll take them 30 days max to do anything. The background check company is First Advantage. I'm scared of ICE breaking down the door over this.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

1 hour ago, corvusheart said:

Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone may have an answer to this question. Hubby went for a job interview and received a conditional offer of employment they had to run a background check. No problem his record is completely clean. When the background check came back it came back with a charge in Kansas with possession of meth in August 2012. We were flabbergasted. This is completely false. First he's never been to Kansas and second he hadn't even ever visited America yet at this time. Also when he moved in with me after he immigrated our apartment complex ran his background check and it came out clean. When he had jobs in the past in the last couple years in America and he had background checks conducted they came out clean. Also he passed AOS and they would have conducted the strictest background checks and he was approved with no problem. I'm worried that this background check conducted by this job is going to screw up his immigration process for ROC and N-400. We filed a dispute with the background check company but it'll take them 30 days max to do anything. The background check company is First Advantage. I'm scared of ICE breaking down the door over this.

Sorry if this reply is quick not slept for 36 hours after flights and jet lag.   This is terrible, absolutely terrible. You both know it wasn't him, I don't know in the USA but in the UK if a crime this serious has been committed or even a caution given they take fingerprints, so although it's not great it should be easy to sort out. Also there will be a record an I94 record, I think thats the number of it, where his travels in and out of the USA will be logged.  I wouldn't worry about the interview just now, I would get this cleared up firstly and get them to adjust their records accordingly. It seems it may be a case of someone with the same name or perhaps identity theft?  Just very sad for you and your husband that you have to go through this mis identification.  :(

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

I went on the Kansas department of corrections and found the guy. Same name and birth date. He looks completely different from my husband. And the first 5 digits of his social are the same as my husbands. I called our old immigration attorney we used back during k-1 they want us to come in and show them everything so that they can verify its not going to conflict with my husbands pending ROC and N-400. Its a free consultation.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gambia
Timeline
3 hours ago, corvusheart said:

I went on the Kansas department of corrections and found the guy. Same name and birth date. He looks completely different from my husband. And the first 5 digits of his social are the same as my husbands. I called our old immigration attorney we used back during k-1 they want us to come in and show them everything so that they can verify its not going to conflict with my husbands pending ROC and N-400. Its a free consultation.

WOW! Just wow! What a coincidence and what are the odds. Unbelievable; Same name, DOB and SSN. Well my 2 cents when it comes to the immigration I'm sure you are worried but it will have nothing negative to worry about. The background check agency are just too lazy to verify the information they pulled. Maybe they just did a DOB and name check and not included the SSN as clearly that would've eliminated your husband with his SSN included in the search. So with the FBI and immigration be rest assured that they will not be that lazy and do a thorough check and make sure it is on who they want the check to be on i.e. your husband and he will come all clear. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
4 hours ago, corvusheart said:

Hi, sorry to hear that it happened to you. You absolutely don't have to worry because USCIS run a thorough background check. If there was a problem it would have affected his AOS application because the crime was committed in 2012. It is just a mistake from the company who ran the background check. You need to talk to the company to rectify the error. 

51 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Hi, sorry to hear that it happened to you. You absolutely don't have to worry because USCIS run a thorough background check. If there was a problem it would have affected his AOS application because the crime was committed in 2012. It is just a mistake from the company who ran the background check. You need to talk to the company to rectify the error. 

Yeah he called them and filed a dispute. They said it'll take up to 30 days to correct. Job said they'll hold his position till its fixed but I've read this background check company is notorious for being wrong with background checks and screwing innocent people out of jobs. So do you think a lawyer is necessary for this??

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

7 hours ago, corvusheart said:

Absolutely unbelievable.  I'm sorry, Corvusheart. Don't worry - it'll get sorted,

Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys I am a Feb 2017 filer for ROC at CA office but now my local office is Chicago. My case was transferred to Nebraska office back in March 2018 but yesterday I got the email that "On May 10, 2018, we updated your name for your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number ******. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address" 

I have moved from West to Midwest to East Coast since filing but this email still makes no sense as name has,is and will remain the same. Anybody seen anything like this before?

15 hours ago, corvusheart said:

I wouldn't worry about it. The FBI runs a fingerprint (biometric) background check so it wouldn't affect him. Private background check companies just put in biographic info (cause it's cheaper). The same thing happened to me, but for me it was only the name. I would have been 12 years old at the time of the arrest so it was quickly cleared up. 

1 hour ago, BNaq said:

Hi guys I am a Feb 2017 filer for ROC at CA office but now my local office is Chicago. My case was transferred to Nebraska office back in March 2018 but yesterday I got the email that "On May 10, 2018, we updated your name for your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE, Receipt Number ******. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address" 

I have moved from West to Midwest to East Coast since filing but this email still makes no sense as name has,is and will remain the same. Anybody seen anything like this before?

Normally happens just before an approval

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

8 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Normally happens just before an approval

@shell20 Shell, hows the jetlag? Hope you are having fun? Did you recieve the case transfer as well? What is your latest N400& ROC status, if I may ask. Thanks Shell!!!🐘🦉🐇🦋

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

1 hour ago, bonhomme said:

I wouldn't worry about it. The FBI runs a fingerprint (biometric) background check so it wouldn't affect him. Private background check companies just put in biographic info (cause it's cheaper). The same thing happened to me, but for me it was only the name. I would have been 12 years old at the time of the arrest so it was quickly cleared up. 

How did you get it cleared up?

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.