cohibakid

Message from NVC

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

After waiting over six months for security clearance on NOA2 we are now here again in Security checks, unreal, don't the two agencies work together, now another six months of waiting????? Has anyone seen this message before.

As part of the aftermath of the events of September 11, 2001, there are additional security check requirements for visa applicants. While it is not possible to predict when the clearances for this case will be finished by all involved Washington agencies, please be assured that as soon as the results are received, the case file will be forwarded to the appropriate US Embassy or Consulate General.

Regards,

Unfortunately there are security checks at all levels.....the service center, NVC and again at Embassy. Security checks are then done again with AOS. They are completely seperate departments and to answer your question.....no they dont do too much working together. Each starts from scratch.....and according to the link in my signature if the service center has a hit and it is resolved it does not inform NVC but it is noted, and NVC then has to try and recreate it. Crazy. Sometimes too things arent resolved and they are left for the next level....hoping they will work it out. Have a read of the USCIS review for Alien Security Checks in my sig....its an eye opener.

Hopefully though this time it wont take so long to clear. It looks like a fairly standard response....however I haven't noted too many with the I-129F at NVC level as petitions are generally only there for a short stopover. Fingers crossed for you that it is cleared up soon.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sorry to hear of your having the security checks again. I know that some checks expire before others complete and then they are reordered again. We are now stuck in checks as well and no one can tell us any timeframe so it is a process of trying to be patient. Good luck, stay strong and pray for patience.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

That sucks!!!!! :crying::angry: .. I hope it goes quick. We will pray for you......

09/05/2005 Met Tik thru my brothers Thai Wife

12/01/2005 First meeting in Thailand

12/12/2005 Returned to the USA

12/13/2005 I-129F mailed express mail to TSC

12/15/2005 TSC Recived paperwork

12/21/2005 Noa-1

12/27/2005 Noa-1 recieved snail mail dated Dec 21 transfered to CSC

03/14/2006 NOA 2

03/16/2006 Medical, Police report and postal fee paid.

03/21/2006 NVC Sent to Bangkok

03/24/2006 Bangkok gets package tracked online with DHL

03/27/2006 Mailed in packet 3

04/04/2006 Interview assigned May 22 2006

05/22/2006 Interview day... delayed Approval because of FBI NAME CHECK

05/26/2006 VISA RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!

05/27/2006 POE LAX ..MY BABY IN AMERICA!!!!

06/17/2006 Wedding DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! MARRIED!!!

06/19/2006 Applied for ssn

06/26/2006 Recieved SSN

AOS

08/03/2006 Sent AOS paperwork to Chicago lockbox

08/07/2006 Recived at Chicago

08/15/2006 NOA for 485 and 131

08/30/2006 Biometrics

08/30/2006 Notice Transfered to CSC.. Hello My old CSC Friends

9/26/06 Received Welcome Notice email

09/30/06 Green Card IN HAND

01/08/07 Pregnant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/26/07 Baby Here!!!!!

(\___/)

( ='.'= )

(")__(")

oh im sory to here this.

We also got 6 months of checks in Washington before reciving NOA2.

May i ask did you get a letter from NVC stating that they recived the case and that they will be forwarding the case within a week to the appropreate embassy?? we did get this letter yesterday but not sure if this would be sent to people just as a standard responce.

Thanks

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Wow, that sucks. They have left you in limbo! I hope something with change soon and you can proceed! Good luck :D

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I have gotten the very same letter twice. Once when my lawyer wrote NVC and once when my congresswoman wrote them. Can't do much and just have to wait. It's very painful and frustrating. Just pray that it won't take very long.

As part of the aftermath of the events of September 11, 2001, there are additional security check requirements for visa applicants. While it is not possible to predict when the clearances for this case will be finished by all involved Washington agencies, please be assured that as soon as the results are received, the case file will be forwarded to the appropriate US Embassy or Consulate General.

Regards,

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

12/5/11 mailed packet for Naturalization

12/9/11 was received by USCIS.

4/6/12 received letter for fingerprint appn.

4/23/12 9am fingerprint appointment - done :-)

4/30/12 Recieved Letter for Interview - Sche. 5/31

5/31/12 Interview & Testing

5/31/12 Testing Approved - Waiting for next step

6/21/12 Rcvd email, placed application in the oath sched. que :-)

6/25/12 Rcvd letter - Oath Ceremony is on 7/11/12 @ 9:15am :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.