1,678 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Maggie88 said:

Make sure all your documents are uploaded correctly and  you uploaded everything neeesed all at once . Our lawyer did not upload correctly and our case has been at nvc since March 25😢

Wow, I am so sorry. I hope that your case starts to move. I know the struggle of sitting in limbo. But God is good, I pray that you get to go soon so you can finish this chapter and start a new one.  And thank you for the advise, we are meeting our lawyer tomorrow and will make sure to stress that. 

18 minutes ago, Simplysmiling said:

Guys, 

God is so good, we got a call from our Lawyer and was told that we were approved!  Guys, I can not tell you how relieved I am.  We did not get our approval letter yet, but I have faith. Now on to the journey of NVC and hoping Guatemala has a quick turn around!  Peeps, keep your head up, don't be like me and freak out at every news update. I will continue to pray for all on here that are still waiting.  Blessings

🙏🏻 Great news! Congrats!!! 

21 minutes ago, Simplysmiling said:

Guys, 

God is so good, we got a call from our Lawyer and was told that we were approved!  Guys, I can not tell you how relieved I am.  We did not get our approval letter yet, but I have faith. Now on to the journey of NVC and hoping Guatemala has a quick turn around!  Peeps, keep your head up, don't be like me and freak out at every news update. I will continue to pray for all on here that are still waiting.  Blessings

What is your receipt date? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mtgt said:

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you guys know my dates. 

Receipt date I believe 8/13

May 28 we need to send more evidence. 

Nebraska office. 

Very upset 🥺...

Ugh I'm so sorry!  What did they ask for?  My receipt date if 9/20 and I use the USCIS tracker... I see the case before mine was approved weeks ago and the case after mine received a RFE...  why nothing on mine?? I really hate this waiting. 

21 minutes ago, Clarebear101 said:

Ugh I'm so sorry!  What did they ask for?  My receipt date if 9/20 and I use the USCIS tracker... I see the case before mine was approved weeks ago and the case after mine received a RFE...  why nothing on mine?? I really hate this waiting. 

I apologize I meant to put 9/13.

Well I haven't gotten anything in the mail. But then again I never got my receipt or biometrics letters.

I called my lawyer and he is out until the 17 of this month. 

I checked on the app also.

I dont know what to do 🥺

(IGNORE PREVIOUS POST. I ACCIDENTALLY MESSED UP THE DATE)

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you guys know my dates

Receipt date I believe 9/13

May 28 we need to send more evidence. 

Nebraska office. 

Very upset 🥺...

Does anyone know how long it takes to recieve letter in the mail?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Mtgt said:

I apologize I meant to put 9/13.

Well I haven't gotten anything in the mail. But then again I never got my receipt or biometrics letters.

I called my lawyer and he is out until the 17 of this month. 

I checked on the app also.

I dont know what to do 🥺

All the good luck to you!!  I'm sure it's an easy request.  I've seen more often than not, RFE's are usually for outdated evidence that just needs to be updated, now that agents cannot send out frivolous RFEs.  Do you receive emails in addition to your attorney?  Maybe the RFE will be something you could easily send in yourself?  So you wouldn't have to wait for your attorney ;) Or something his paralegal could take care of quick. 

I am not working with a lawyer now (did for our I-130 years ago) yet our receipt and biometric letters went to our old attorney.  Called USCIS to correct but who knows if they actually did... making me nervous I will miss correspondence. 

31 minutes ago, Clarebear101 said:

All the good luck to you!!  I'm sure it's an easy request.  I've seen more often than not, RFE's are usually for outdated evidence that just needs to be updated, now that agents cannot send out frivolous RFEs.  Do you receive emails in addition to your attorney?  Maybe the RFE will be something you could easily send in yourself?  So you wouldn't have to wait for your attorney ;) Or something his paralegal could take care of quick. 

I am not working with a lawyer now (did for our I-130 years ago) yet our receipt and biometric letters went to our old attorney.  Called USCIS to correct but who knows if they actually did... making me nervous I will miss correspondence. 

Edited by Mtgt
I pray you're right and it's an easy response ♡

39 minutes ago, Clarebear101 said:

Sorry I keep messing it up. I hope it's an easy fix. Unfortunately  I can't no nothing.  Everything is thru mail. His office is closed until her comes back  :(

You keep checking the app! You're very close! My best wishes ♡

On 6/4/2019 at 9:04 PM, Maggie88 said:

Make sure all your documents are uploaded correctly and  you uploaded everything neeesed all at once . Our lawyer did not upload correctly and our case has been at nvc since March 25😢

Hello,

I have a random question for you, how did you obtain a police certificate from Guatemala? Our lawyer just informed us we have to get it, but with no directions as to how. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.