inlove_pinay

ATTENTION : MAY FILERS ... lets keep in touch!

4,105 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am willing to bet there are many more people receiving their NOA2 then we see. Some people have not updated their timelines or are not coming on here to say they have received it. If redpixie had not said she recieved their NOA2, we would have never known since she has not updated her timeline (hint, hint :whistle: ). This I am sure is the case with others.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
To afterforever and all of you guys still waiting.

Don't get too disheartened by the wait. We finally got approved after waiting since late April. We actually sent our I 129-f off on April 27th, only to have it shipped over from the Texas branch to CA...apparently it arrived with them on May 15th. We checked every single day for notice and, until yesterday when we looked and saw we had finally been approved, there had been no touch at all on our case since May 25th. We never even received the NOA1.

What really used to upset me was seeing other people on here who sent their petitions off slightly later than we did get approved before we had even had notice of a new touch. You do worry that maybe there's something wrong with your petition or that you're being penialized because of, well, whatever factors your brain can come up with (trust me, it was most likely even harder for us to get our heads around things as we live together and have done so for almost 2 years now...you wonder why they aren't pushing you further more quickly because of that fact and are really perplexed about the wait as we're pretty much a cut and dry, can prove more than most that we have a sustained relationship).

So, here's a slightly positive thought...our package got through to the right office in mid May. A lot of people filed slightly after us (I believe that Afterforever sent their pack off or it was received on May 27th), and should theoretically get some notice within the next couple of weeks.

Yes, it is a frustrating process, granted. Then again, maybe the wait is a good thing. I believe that this wait could sort out a lot of the chaff from the wheat, so to speak. Obviously there is a huge backlog of cases, even more so at this moment due to people trying to get their petitions off before the new fees were applied. This is going to slow the process a lot more. Additionally, maybe the wait is in place to insure that people are serious about this committment. A lot of people who might be doing this for the wrong reason may well be put off by the wait time, and that, in my opinion is a good thing.

You do have to remember that not everyone going through this process is doing it because they genuinely love the other person and want to spend their lives with them. That is a fact of life. There are people who enter into this for financial gain, or to find a better life in a better country, or for a multitude of other reasons. I am not saying that this applies to anyone here right now, but all you have to do is look over some old forum posts and you will see how a lot of people found out the hard way that they were being scammed (and that's on both sides). Personally, I would much rather wait a bit longer and be sure that the officers at the USCIS are doing their jobs right, checking every little detail and wanting more information from people that they might consider to be a bit "iffy".

Good luck to you all. :thumbs: I am sure than none of you have a thing to worry about and that your acceptance notices are just around the corner.

Thanks to everyone for our congrats. Got to go now as I have a wedding to plan!!!!

Thanks very much for the encouragement Redpixie. As you well know this wait is very hard, especially when you thought your approval would come after 90 days. Like I posted earlier, my fiance and I have been waiting 3 years for her to come here and be my wife. I agree with you about what you said regarding the chaff being separated from the wheat. That is one of the reasons we have waited, to see if our love was true and lasting. I just hope we will be together soon.

Congratulations and good luck on your marriage. :thumbs:

Good luck all May filers.

Gary

Edited by afterforever

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am willing to bet there are many more people receiving their NOA2 then we see. Some people have not updated their timelines or are not coming on here to say they have received it. If redpixie had not said she recieved their NOA2, we would have never known since she has not updated her timeline (hint, hint :whistle: ). This I am sure is the case with others.

That's true :yes:

04/23/07: petition sent to TSC

05/01/07: petition received at CSC

05/01/07: NOA1 Date.....no hard copy

08/06/07: Fiance called USCIS for info aboout NOA1 hard copy

08/07/07: Touch

08/08/07: Touch

08/09/07: Touch

08/10/07: Touch

08/11/07: NOA1 hard copy

08/21/07: Touch due to phone call was told that our case has been assigned

08/27/07: Touch

08/28/07: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Received e-mail that our case has been approved on the 27th)

09/18/07: Petition left CSC

09/24/07: NVC received Petition

09/26/07: Petition left NVC

10/02/07: Kingston Embassy received Petition

10/04/07: sent off DS-230 part 1 (sent via courier service)

10/09/07: Packet 3 received

10/09/07: Drop off DS-230 part 1 (in person)

12/03/07: Medical

12/18/07: INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!!

01/04/08: VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!

01/11/08: Arrived in the USA

03/23/08: WEDDING DATE

09/19/08: AOS approved

09/25/08: GC in hand

usaCa.gif

jamaicaCxa.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
To afterforever and all of you guys still waiting.

Don't get too disheartened by the wait. We finally got approved after waiting since late April. We actually sent our I 129-f off on April 27th, only to have it shipped over from the Texas branch to CA...apparently it arrived with them on May 15th. We checked every single day for notice and, until yesterday when we looked and saw we had finally been approved, there had been no touch at all on our case since May 25th. We never even received the NOA1.

What really used to upset me was seeing other people on here who sent their petitions off slightly later than we did get approved before we had even had notice of a new touch. You do worry that maybe there's something wrong with your petition or that you're being penialized because of, well, whatever factors your brain can come up with (trust me, it was most likely even harder for us to get our heads around things as we live together and have done so for almost 2 years now...you wonder why they aren't pushing you further more quickly because of that fact and are really perplexed about the wait as we're pretty much a cut and dry, can prove more than most that we have a sustained relationship).

So, here's a slightly positive thought...our package got through to the right office in mid May. A lot of people filed slightly after us (I believe that Afterforever sent their pack off or it was received on May 27th), and should theoretically get some notice within the next couple of weeks.

Yes, it is a frustrating process, granted. Then again, maybe the wait is a good thing. I believe that this wait could sort out a lot of the chaff from the wheat, so to speak. Obviously there is a huge backlog of cases, even more so at this moment due to people trying to get their petitions off before the new fees were applied. This is going to slow the process a lot more. Additionally, maybe the wait is in place to insure that people are serious about this committment. A lot of people who might be doing this for the wrong reason may well be put off by the wait time, and that, in my opinion is a good thing.

You do have to remember that not everyone going through this process is doing it because they genuinely love the other person and want to spend their lives with them. That is a fact of life. There are people who enter into this for financial gain, or to find a better life in a better country, or for a multitude of other reasons. I am not saying that this applies to anyone here right now, but all you have to do is look over some old forum posts and you will see how a lot of people found out the hard way that they were being scammed (and that's on both sides). Personally, I would much rather wait a bit longer and be sure that the officers at the USCIS are doing their jobs right, checking every little detail and wanting more information from people that they might consider to be a bit "iffy".

Good luck to you all. :thumbs: I am sure than none of you have a thing to worry about and that your acceptance notices are just around the corner.

Thanks to everyone for our congrats. Got to go now as I have a wedding to plan!!!!

I thought of that too and initially it seemed like maybe it is so, but then I decided no way, I don’t buy it. There are enough other traps to catch these folks:

1. The adjudication process at USCIS

2. The investigation and interview process at the US embassy in their country

3. The long list of disqualifying factors, http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...ities_1364.html and

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09FAM/09I0500.PDF

4. The fact that if we don’t marry a K1 VISA holder in 90 days they have to return to their country

5. The fact that there are other interviews, etc along the way even after we marry them that if they don’t pass they are returned to their country (like the interview in conjunction with filing for AOS)

6. They are placed on permanent conditional residence here in the US for 2 years and must submit evidence of an on-going relationship to become unconditional or again they must return to their country

7. If they commit a crime or even less of an act while in the US before becoming a citizen Their demand for good morale character:

The following are just some of the situations where Immigration might say a person does not have "good moral character" and deny citizenship:

the person has worked but has not always filed income taxes when he should have;

a man has lived in the United States at some point during the ages of 18 and 25, but did not register for "Selective Service". (See Special Privileges and Obligations of Living in the U.S.)

the person has a drinking problem (especially if arrested for driving while drunk);

the person has ever had children with a person to whom he was not married;

the person has children but does not live with them, and is not paying child support for the children;

the person got public benefits such as food stamps, but did not tell his benefits caseworker right away when he began working again or when he took a brief trip outside of the U.S.;

the person has ever lied to Immigration, for example, on earlier applications for permanent residency;

the person has ever been arrested by the police for any reason;

the person has been convicted of any crimes. This includes nonviolent crimes such as shoplifting.

Bottom line is that there are enough other ways to dissuade insincere people and also ways to send them back to their countries. Heck, if our own citizens had to meet all these requirements to be here, 25% would be shipped out of our country. Actually why should they penalize us trying to bring our loved ones legally? By the looks of the numbers of VISAs with processing times much faster than ours…do they care about all of them? And how about the Congressionally mandated Diversity Immigrant Visa Program makes available 50,000 permanent resident visas annually. http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrant...types_1322.html

Nope, I don’t buy that they should be trying to judge the validity of our love by making us wait longer. Even if it were so, they would be making 90% suffer in the hopes of preventing 10%. Big deal, 10% of which many would be returned to their countries anyway because of all the other steps in this process. And with all the illegals aliens here and how they allow thousands in on other VISAs, what are these few going to hurt? Their service to us, individual citizens of the US, sucks. It infringes on our life, liberty and pursuit of happiness and should not be tolerated. Many of us are standing up to be heard…I suggest all of you who are separated from your loved ones join the fight.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Every day I wander down to my mailbox hoping for a noa2 only to find bills and

credit card offers.

This morning I checked my email and low and behold I find a email informing me that my NOA2 is on the way!

So it looks like I am reporting good news today.

I know a lot of others are waiting and frustrated, I don't know what else to say but "Hang in there".

Anyone know what the next step it for me?

Let me congratulate you on your approval, aren't you excited? Forgive me, but this is the first time i have ever seen an approval posted and the person is this calm. I know today is Saturday, come on now. I sure hope your SO is SCREAMING!!!!!! yeah that's what i'm talking about. :yes: again CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

------------------

KJ thanks for the Smile you gave me.... don't worry I am excited especially since I was worried I would get a notice informing me I forgot to put "her fathers place of birth" on the first documents I sent in, (didn't even realize it until I was looking at copies a few weeks ago.) but nothing was said.

Does anyone want to take a guess of what date I might be looking at to get Visa-in-hand?

Well yipee... tonight I am gonna go get drunk!!!!

(just kidding, I don't drink)

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

credit card offers.

This morning I checked my email and low and behold I find a email informing me that my NOA2 is on the way!

I know a lot of others are waiting and frustrated, I don't know what else to say but "Hang in there".

Let me congratulate you on your approval, aren't you excited? Forgive me, but this is the first time i have ever seen an approval posted and the person is this calm. I know today is Saturday, come on now. I sure hope your SO is SCREAMING!!!!!! yeah that's what i'm talking about. :yes: again CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

------------------

KJ thanks for the Smile you gave me.... don't worry I am excited especially since I was worried I would get a notice informing me I forgot to put "her fathers place of birth" on the first documents I sent in, (didn't even realize it until I was looking at copies a few weeks ago.) but nothing was said.

Does anyone want to take a guess of what date I might be looking at to get Visa-in-hand?

Well yipee... tonight I am gonna go get drunk!!!!

(just kidding, I don't drink)

Next step would be to update your timeline :lol:

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Next step would be to update your timeline :lol:

==================

I actually tried to do it but couldnt remember how... got as far as posting an avatar.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

credit card offers.

Congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance: and now :time: Go to the Forums tab and there is a link for updating your timeline towards the top righthand side.

Edited by RosemarieL

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
Two more weeks and I will be at 5 months. :blink: I hope I will see light at the end of this long dark tunnel before then!!!

Right there with you afterforever.... good luck to us and EVERY MAY FILER!!!

N & G

NOA 1- May 25, 2007

NOA 2- October 9, 2007

Hopefully, All May filers will have approvals next week!!! So June,July,August,September,and October filers will not wait so long...... :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I'm not a May filer but today looking at the USCIS site i have notice that instead of 6 month in the processing time this was show

I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e) K-1/K-2 - Not yet married - fiance and/or dependent child Mars 15, 2007

So I wwas thinking it might interest you guys.... They are in the middle keep hope :thumbs:

September 2006 : first meeting in US for a month ,after on year of communication

April 2007 :Second meeting in Us for a month

June 2007: we engaged our lawyers

17 July 2007 : I-129F send to USCIS California center

22 July 2007 : [1st NOA

16 September 2007 : Half of the waiting time done 60 days

09/22/2007 : day 66 what a long time still to wait........

11/29/2007 : NOA2 YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

03 January 2008 : Package 3 fromthe embassy

17 January 2008 : Medical examination

03 Febuary 2008 / Package 4

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

25 MARCH APPROVED GOT MY K1

05/17/2007: we hope this will be our wedding day.......

dreams are made to come true, Cyril & I are made to be together

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

a couple more days will make 5 months for us too!!! :help:

May 5-sent I129f to Texas and they forwarded to CSC

May 11-priority date according to NOA1 on Hard Copy

May 14-received by CSC...notice sent (never received)

May 15-money order cashed

July 19-called about Hard copy..said they would resend

July 23-lawyer calls and is told application is lost and to resend application

July 25-sent a duplicate application to Texas and it is forwarded to VSC

July 27-called again...said they would resend from CSC

July 31/aug.3/aug.6 "touches"

Aug. 16 received the NOA1 from VSC for duplicate application

Aug. 16-called about Hard Copy...said that they would resend (3rd time) from CSC

Aug. 17-"touch"

Aug. 19-FINALLY RECEIVED THE NOA1 HARD COPY for original application from CSC

October-19-CRIS sent message that they were moving our application to VSC?!?!?

(seems USCIS sent our first application to the wrong center)

November-16 origianl is at the VSC

Dec. 3-congressmans office calls VSC...will be processed by July application date

Feb. 6-APPROVED!!!!

Feb. 7 sent to NVC

Feb. 13 sent to MONTREAL...WRONG EMBASSY!!!!!!! SUPPOSED TO BE VANCOUVER!!!!!!!

Feb. 14 arrived in MONTREAL

Feb. 20 talked to NVC center....supervisor will try to "catch" the application call back in 10-15 days

Feb. 29...talked to the State Department (Visa)...they had NVC send cable today to Montreal instructing them to send packet to VanCouver

March 4...K visa application received at VanCouver

March 6 packet 3 ARRIVED

March 10 packet 3 checklist and DS230 faxed back

March 12 medical exam

March 20 packet 4 received

April 8....interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

wondering if anyone has gone to their interview yet? how did it go? also wondering if anyone has some further information about what to bring and the chance of them asking for supporting documents and the chance of them asking for originals that are certified??? any help guys would be appreciated-I hope you all had a great weekend!

May 23rd checked cashed, NOA1 issued

May 29th Updated online, and sadly the last touch

May 30th - NOW Waiting, waiting and waitning, loosing patience....

August 30th APPPPROOOVVEEED NOA2 SENT!

Sept 10th - received NOA2 , dated on the 7th of Sept.

Sept 12th- file sent to UK

Sept 24th - received packet from US embassy (packet 3 is it?)

Sept 25th- sent off packet back to us embassy

Oct 12th- got interview date by calling US embassy

Oct 16th- medical exam in London , PASSED

Nov 1st - 8:30 am INTERVIEW AT US EMBASSY!!!!!!!!!!!!![

FINAL APPROVAL- Nov 1st!!!! Passport to be mailed with visa attached in 3-5 days!! YIPPEEEEEE

Nov 20th- Dave flies over for Thanksgiving & Forever!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.