inlove_pinay

ATTENTION : MAY FILERS ... lets keep in touch!

4,105 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi Michelle,

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I just found out they screwed up my file too. I'm at almost 40 days and not at the NVC. I called three times on Friday and found out that my file was supposed to be mailed last Wednesday. Apparently our files have two parts - one that goes to NVC and one that stays there. They are supposed to be separated before they go to the mailroom. Mine wasn't. Lucky me. They didn't mail it because of this. What a bunch of idiots. So, they were suppose to pull my file from the mail room and get it taken care of on Friday. They were supposed to call me back and let me know what was going on. No phone call. My first call was in the morning. I called again around 3pm and was told they had waited all day to have the file pulled from the mailroom. Apparently they are having trouble finding it. I am on my last nerve. I contacted my congress person about a week ago, and on Wednesday she told me she had submitted an inquiry on my behalf. It's my only hope that the file was pullled before because of the inquiry and that's why they can't find it. This has become a nightmare. How can they be so completely inept??? So, they never did call me back on Friday, even though they assured me they would. All I can do is call again on Monday. But now I'm terrified they've lost my file and this will just keep delaying me and delaying me. If I don't get anywhere on Monday I will call my congress person and hopefully she can help. I'll keep you guys posted. Michelle please keep us posted on your progress too. I hope they resolve this for you immediately. But don't let them give you the run around if you call again. They tried to do that with me and I had to get slightly bitchy to get anywhere with them. They tried to pull the old "it can take up to 90 days" ####### on me. You have to be firm and stand your ground. I'm so sick of them brushing us off and acting like we are not supposed to call them. I'm going to call everyday, maybe even twice a day until I get a resolution. We are freaking US Citizitens and we have a RIGHT to know what is going on with our petitions. Okay, I'm done ranting now! :)

I hope this week brings many more NOA2's and more of us making it to the NVC,

Laurel

Dealing with USCIS is like being in a nightmare that you cannot wake up from. What insanity!!!

Roger that! I used to think the worse Government organizations were the Department of Motor Vehicles (State of course) and Social Security Office, but hell USCIS makes them look like they are Benchmarks for Quality Service by Government Agencies.

I ROGER to that too. They'd sent me RFE asking for documentation on my original name and my current name. So what....they can't just call up Social Security and verified that though them. It is the same person with same social. I also had served 21+ yrs in the US Air Force with SECRET security clearance as well.

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Bon n Dora, I really hope that you can be approved within a few days. As long as you send RFE, you should be fine. I know I checked my G325A for three and four times, but still I made some tinny mistakes. My USC fiance sent his birth certificate, but he did not include my birth certificate. He said they do not need it. Well, I do not have divorce experience and until last Sept, I was a university student in the US. I hope they do not care about it. Ahh, Crazy. But, you should be fine. Good luck.

sunshinegirl :dance:

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

I asked in my letter to everyone who could possibly represent me that in addition to my file being moved along again, that it be given priority. I doubt that will happen. I'm not asking to cut in line; just to be put back in line where I should have been all along. I saw a few people here with very similar timelines to mine, dealing with London, who are having their final interview this month. One person is having it this Thursday. Adam could be MOVING HERE next week. But no. It's perpetually August 16th for me.

I've always been so polite when I call USCIS, but maybe it is time to be firm. I'm clearly just being placated on the phone at this point. It's always some variation of: "well, your file has been ordered out of storage, but we haven't received it yet. Yes, it is normal for it to take this long for a request out of storage".

Oh yeah, but I was told on my last call that "ohhhh....you need to make an appointment via infopass on the USCIS site to see someone, in person, at your local office. They would be the only ones who could 'officially' request your file be taken out of storage"

Haha, I was told the same 'wait 90 days' ####### too!

Yeah, they pretty clearly just lost my file and are making stuff up. Just tell me then! I have a perfect copy here I could send in!

Sheesh. You know, you do everything right. You play by the rules. You pay your enormous fees. And you get no where.

Good luck to everyone who is having troubles, and I will definitely let you know if anything happens (and exactly what I did to make that thing happen!)

Michele

K-1 Journey:

April 12, 2007 - Mail I-129F packet to NSC

May 1, 2007 - Application received by CSC

May 1, 2007 - NOA1 sent

May 3, 2007 - Touch

May 4, 2007 - Check cashed by CSC

June 1, 2007 - Call USCIS since 30 days w/out receiving paper NOA1, told to call back after it's been 45 days

June 15, 2007 - Call USCIS for update on NOA1. Told address correct, NOA1 was not generated, they will do so

August 2, 2007 - TOUCH!!!

August 3, 2007 - TOUCH!!!!!!!

August 6, 2007 - Received hard copy NOA1, finally

August 12, 2007 - TOUCH! (Sunday?)

August 14, 2007 - TOUCH!

August 15, 2007 - TOUCH!

August 15, 2007 - NOA2!!!

August 16, 2007 to present:

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

November 1, 2007 - File leaves CSC

November 3rd, 2007 - File arrives at NVC

November 7th, 2007 - File processed by NVC, sent to London Embassy

November 20th, 2007 - File processed by London Embassy

December 8th - Adam receives packet 3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oh yeah, and I was also told that they would call me later that day, when I first called and we discovered the error. No call. Ever. It's been five weeks now since that first call to USCIS.

K-1 Journey:

April 12, 2007 - Mail I-129F packet to NSC

May 1, 2007 - Application received by CSC

May 1, 2007 - NOA1 sent

May 3, 2007 - Touch

May 4, 2007 - Check cashed by CSC

June 1, 2007 - Call USCIS since 30 days w/out receiving paper NOA1, told to call back after it's been 45 days

June 15, 2007 - Call USCIS for update on NOA1. Told address correct, NOA1 was not generated, they will do so

August 2, 2007 - TOUCH!!!

August 3, 2007 - TOUCH!!!!!!!

August 6, 2007 - Received hard copy NOA1, finally

August 12, 2007 - TOUCH! (Sunday?)

August 14, 2007 - TOUCH!

August 15, 2007 - TOUCH!

August 15, 2007 - NOA2!!!

August 16, 2007 to present:

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

November 1, 2007 - File leaves CSC

November 3rd, 2007 - File arrives at NVC

November 7th, 2007 - File processed by NVC, sent to London Embassy

November 20th, 2007 - File processed by London Embassy

December 8th - Adam receives packet 3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Oh yeah, and I was also told that they would call me later that day, when I first called and we discovered the error. No call. Ever. It's been five weeks now since that first call to USCIS.

They have been sitting on your file waaaaay to long. If this was happening to me, I would be calling USCIS everyday until my file was sent. Have you been able to talk with a supervisor? Good luck!

Edited by afterforever

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I have a question. I was an international student and went to university in America for four years and got a BA. My USC fiance went to the same college with me and we both transfered to different university but very close ones. And after we engaged, we filed a petition, and then he came to Japan to meet my family. So, our I-129F does not include my USC fiance's boarding pass, a copy of his ticket etc. But, I included tons of my evidence of being with him like documents from school which address to his house ( I lived with him), passport stamps, I-20 from school, transcripts and made sure that I was a student there and went to school from his house. I wonder if USCIS cares if he did not include his evidence. Please anyone give me advice. :help:

No more May filer postings ?? I must be the last one....... I will have to join the June filers now, if they will accept me...They are very active now. :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
No more May filer postings ?? I must be the last one....... I will have to join the June filers now, if they will accept me...They are very active now. :crying:

Hahaha! Don't cry!!! Some of us are still here! :D

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Nothing new Mirla?????? :blink:

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I have a question. I was an international student and went to university in America for four years and got a BA. My USC fiance went to the same college with me and we both transfered to different university but very close ones. And after we engaged, we filed a petition, and then he came to Japan to meet my family. So, our I-129F does not include my USC fiance's boarding pass, a copy of his ticket etc. But, I included tons of my evidence of being with him like documents from school which address to his house ( I lived with him), passport stamps, I-20 from school, transcripts and made sure that I was a student there and went to school from his house. I wonder if USCIS cares if he did not include his evidence. Please anyone give me advice. :help:

As long as the evidence shows that you were both in the same place at the same time you should be fine. When you submited your tanscripts with your address on it did you make any kind of indication that you were both living there together? Is there anything that your fiance sent conecting him to the school that you both went to?

Unfortunately I think there are still some May filers around :(

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Mirla what day are you at now ..... my goodness its taking forever .... :unsure:

iam praying for you ... good luck

*hugs*

Met while we both in deployment in the middle of nowhere – 15 -06-2006

Got engaged on the quarter deck on one of the newest Navy ship 10 - 03-2007

20-04-2007 the journey begin

I-129F Sent : 22-05-2007

I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 25-05-2007

Traveled to stay with Ryan until we get the approval 13-09-2007 to 24-10-2007

I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 27-09-2007

Package Received By NVC : 04-10-2007

Package Left From NVC : 08-10-2007

Received By Consulate : 12-10-2007

Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) : 15-10-2007

Medical : 26-10-2007

Interview scheduled for: 26-11-2007 Approved

Flaying back to be with my man this time for good 30-11-2007

Timeline

Well, our schools are in the same area. The transcript indicates that I was in the US. Everyone is required to prove that he or she was in the US like using a credit card in the US, going to school, hotel receipt, car rental receipt etc. I did not have a credit card or hotel receipt, but I had transcript from my American school, letters, boarding pass, and my fiance also sent a copy of our school IDs. Well, I was a F1 student, so I am sure USCIS has my data in SEVIS system, but we wanted to make sure that I was a student and we lived together. So letters from school to me had my boyfriend address which meant that I was there at that time. (otherwise I could not pick up my mails.) Also I registered his address as my residency to my schools.

Timeline

The stupid mistake my USC fiance made was that he forgot to high light the address part. It is really dumb for him not to do that. He should have high lighted the important part but he did not. Well, he did not mail our college IDs. He sent a copy of his and my university IDs. We went to the same college, but transfered to different universities. BUT, it does not do anything if he sent our college IDs because these are three four years old and do not prove that we met each other within 2 years. So, he included a letter from my transfered university which was mailed to his house for me. Those letteres are all official and I-20 from my graduate school was also official and more accurate than boarding pass or passport stamps because it states my grad school name, address etc. I am always wondering how passport stamp can prove that couples met each other within 2 years because passport or boading passes do not show exact location right? Not like street name, but I mean like cities or counties at least.

That's why my USC fiance sent additional letters and I-20 which obviously have my name, his address as my residency.

Hahaha! Don't cry!!! Some of us are still here! :D

Mirla, I was hoping that you were approved by now. You give life to this place. Hope you are doing okay there. :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
The stupid mistake my USC fiance made was that he forgot to high light the address part. It is really dumb for him not to do that. He should have high lighted the important part but he did not. Well, he did not mail our college IDs. He sent a copy of his and my university IDs. We went to the same college, but transfered to different universities. BUT, it does not do anything if he sent our college IDs because these are three four years old and do not prove that we met each other within 2 years. So, he included a letter from my transfered university which was mailed to his house for me. Those letteres are all official and I-20 from my graduate school was also official and more accurate than boarding pass or passport stamps because it states my grad school name, address etc. I am always wondering how passport stamp can prove that couples met each other within 2 years because passport or boading passes do not show exact location right? Not like street name, but I mean like cities or counties at least.

That's why my USC fiance sent additional letters and I-20 which obviously have my name, his address as my residency.

If that is the case then I think you should be fine :thumbs:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.