TBoneTX

I-751 August 2016 Filers, Part II

444 posts in this topic

Just a little update from me, still waiting. I sent an email to my lawyer 2 weeks ago, this was the response. What do you guys think?

I'm an early August 2016 waiver case. Did not receive any RFE.

" [..] We have not received any further notices that require action on your part.  We ask that you please notify us if there are any changes in your contact information as soon as the changes occur and to also keep us informed of any notice you receive.  We will do the same.

According to the USCIS processing reports available online, your case is pending within normal time.  The latest information available for your case indicates that your I-751 was transferred to the local USCIS field office on February 26, 2018.  

The California Service Center is taking from 17.5 to 19 months to review the I-751s it decides to adjudicate without referring them to the local field office for review or interview.   As stated above, your case has been transferred to the local USCIS office. The USCIS field offices are taking from 21.5 to 46.5 months, and the USCIS indicates it would be appropriate to submit a case inquiry if the I-751 was filed before June 13, 2014.  The USCIS is experiencing longer delays than before, and in great part it is due to the current administration's shifting priorities. 

While your I-751 is pending, it is important you continue to request extension stamps on your passport.  

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need our assistance.

Regards,"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 4/13/2018 at 2:22 PM, Sam_Son_83 said:

Just a little update from me, still waiting. I sent an email to my lawyer 2 weeks ago, this was the response. What do you guys think?

I'm an early August 2016 waiver case. Did not receive any RFE.

" [..] We have not received any further notices that require action on your part.  We ask that you please notify us if there are any changes in your contact information as soon as the changes occur and to also keep us informed of any notice you receive.  We will do the same.

According to the USCIS processing reports available online, your case is pending within normal time.  The latest information available for your case indicates that your I-751 was transferred to the local USCIS field office on February 26, 2018.  

The California Service Center is taking from 17.5 to 19 months to review the I-751s it decides to adjudicate without referring them to the local field office for review or interview.   As stated above, your case has been transferred to the local USCIS office. The USCIS field offices are taking from 21.5 to 46.5 months, and the USCIS indicates it would be appropriate to submit a case inquiry if the I-751 was filed before June 13, 2014.  The USCIS is experiencing longer delays than before, and in great part it is due to the current administration's shifting priorities. 

While your I-751 is pending, it is important you continue to request extension stamps on your passport.  

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need our assistance.

Regards,"

21 to 46 months? USCIS creates it's own processing times so they can tell applicants they are still within normal processing time after 2 or 3 years of waiting. How outrageous and what a nightmare..

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline

It has been 11 days since I submitted my husband's death certificate, I am expecting my 400 to be rejected, but I think my 751 will be approved eventually, but the question is how long it is going to take. The officer who was so friendly with me told me her supervisor told me i would get a decision very soon. "Very soon", it could be a month or 5 months. My lawyer told there is an expensive way to take care of unreasonable delays, that is to file something called writ of mamunus. It is basically going to a federal court and get an approval from the judge and force the USCIS to adjudicate your pending application immediately, but it will be an expensive endeavor. I really think the delay has something to do with Trump. Trump White House is purposely trying to slow down the processing and discouraging people from applying for applications of any kind. The new processing time is outrageous. There used to be just one type of processing time for CSC, and now we have processing time for field offices , and it is anywhere from  21 months to 4 years? So obviously, USCIS is aware many 751 applicants are beginning to apply for 400s while 751s are pending, so they created their own rules so they could cover their own asses by telling you "Your case is still within the normal processing time" after 2 or 3 years of waiting. This is scary. I think USCIS will face a lot of lawsuits which is typical of the Trump White House triggering all kinds of lawsuits including immigration. I hope i don't have to take that route of write of manumus because it is very expensive, but that may be the only way to solve your immigration problems these days if you can afford it. Well, my lawyer told me to wait for another month and see what happens. I will have to renew my 551 by July. Ugh, what a mess. and how unlucky for me and many August or July 751 filers who also filed 400.       

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

It has been 11 days since I submitted my husband's death certificate, I am expecting my 400 to be rejected, but I think my 751 will be approved eventually, but the question is how long it is going to take. The officer who was so friendly with me told me her supervisor told me i would get a decision very soon. "Very soon", it could be a month or 5 months. My lawyer told there is an expensive way to take care of unreasonable delays, that is to file something called writ of mamunus. It is basically going to a federal court and get an approval from the judge and force the USCIS to adjudicate your pending application immediately, but it will be an expensive endeavor. I really think the delay has something to do with Trump. Trump White House is purposely trying to slow down the processing and discouraging people from applying for applications of any kind. The new processing time is outrageous. There used to be just one type of processing time for CSC, and now we have processing time for field offices , and it is anywhere from  21 months to 4 years? So obviously, USCIS is aware many 751 applicants are beginning to apply for 400s while 751s are pending, so they created their own rules so they could cover their own asses by telling you "Your case is still within the normal processing time" after 2 or 3 years of waiting. This is scary. I think USCIS will face a lot of lawsuits which is typical of the Trump White House triggering all kinds of lawsuits including immigration. I hope i don't have to take that route of write of manumus because it is very expensive, but that may be the only way to solve your immigration problems these days if you can afford it. Well, my lawyer told me to wait for another month and see what happens. I will have to renew my 551 by July. Ugh, what a mess. and how unlucky for me and many August or July 751 filers who also filed 400.       

Hi, my friend. Good to hear from you and I can feel your emotions. It is so ridiculous that you and many other people have to wait that long including myself. USCIS have so many problems. Lately, they sent GC to people with wrong dates I wonder do they really care. They should have scheduled your interview time a long time and you would have been done with this process for good. All I can say is that if anyone is done with USCIS in a timely manner is a blessing otherwise their long wait time is going to frustrate you every day. 

Edited by Name O Boy

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Hi, my friend. Good to hear from you and I can feel your emotions. It is so ridiculous that you and many other people have to wait that long including myself. USCIS have so many problems. Lately, they sent GC to people with wrong dates I wonder do they really care. They should have scheduled your interview time a long time and you would have been done with this process for good. All I can say is that if anyone is done with USCIS in a timely manner is a blessing otherwise their long wait time is going to frustrate you every day. 

Thanks, we just have to be patient and looking into other options. Nothing much we can do at this point. Hopefully better days are coming.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

I hope i don't have to take that route of write of manumus because it is very expensive, but that may be the only way to solve your immigration problems these days if you can afford it. Well, my lawyer told me to wait for another month and see what happens. I will have to renew my 551 by July. Ugh, what a mess. and how unlucky for me and many August or July 751 filers who also filed 400.       

How much does it cost to file for manumus?  :huh2:  I suggest that you contact your congressperson or senator before paying lots of money!  :idea:

I'll need to get another I-751 stamp in my passport in July!  :bonk:   All I can hope for at this point is to become a US citizen before the Nov election!  :no:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline
48 minutes ago, AustinCanada said:

How much does it cost to file for manumus?  :huh2:  I suggest that you contact your congressperson or senator before paying lots of money!  :idea:

I'll need to get another I-751 stamp in my passport in July!  :bonk:   All I can hope for at this point is to become a US citizen before the Nov election!  :no:

She will charge about 7500 for that. I already contacted my congressman's office weeks ago. All they can do is to keep bugging them, but the office has not responded to me, the case manager in charge seems to be avoiding me or something. I will call the senator's office. I will wait until the end of this year and take action since my 400 will be rejected this year. Anyway, it is just messed up all around. I think I will get my 10 year green card, hopefully in 2 or 3 months(extreme low expectations), and will probably get a 400 rejection notice soon after.

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm a aug 2016 waiver filer and I received a RFE end of dec 2017, they received my response march 12th 2018, had a infopass appt to renew the stamp on my passport beginning of april and the officer I talked to gave me another 6 months i551 stamp and told me that my file was here at the local office and I was in line to be schedule for an interview and that it could take 22 months to get a interview notice (LOL/WTH).

So today I thought about calling USCIS 800 # and was able to talk to a very nice officer that said when they receive response to a RFE they have 60 days to review everything. So she just told me to wait till may 12th and if I still haven't heard from them, to call again.

Timeline

I checked my case status by entering my receipt number rather than my case number, it says my name was updated on 4/26/2018. My case has been pending for almost 21 months, my husband passed 3 days after the 400 interview which complicated the process. I submitted the death certificate 17 days ago to petition to covert my 751 to an individual waiver application, and the supervisor said i would get decision on 751 soon. My 400 is expected to be rejected due to the death of my husband.  Anyone has gotten this update? I never changed my name. What does that mean? Approval coming? I hope so. Please share, thanks.

Edited by Zombie69

2 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

I checked my case status by entering my receipt number rather than my case number, it says my name was updated on 4/26/2018. My case has been pending for almost 21 months, my husband passed 3 days after the 400 interview which complicated the process. I submitted the death certificate 17 days ago to petition to covert my 751 to an individual waiver application, and the supervisor said i would get decision on 751 soon. My 400 is expected to be rejected due to the death of my husband.  Anyone has gotten this update? I never changed my name. What does that mean? Approval coming? I hope so. Please share, thanks.

Hi Zombie69,

I've followed your thread. My heart is with you with your lost.

Based on what I read through a lot of posts, your case seems like will receive an approval in a week or so. Many people have the same notice of name changed and approval notice will follow couple days later.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ArchieD said:

Hi Zombie69,

I've followed your thread. My heart is with you with your lost.

Based on what I read through a lot of posts, your case seems like will receive an approval in a week or so. Many people have the same notice of name changed and approval notice will follow couple days later.

Thank you so much for your condolences and support. Yes, I have done research myself, many applicants that got an update like that ended up being approved. Hopefully that is the case. We will see what happens, they updated right on my late husband's birthday yesterday, maybe my husband is protecting me from heaven making sure my immigration journey will be smooth, we will see. My expectations remain low, I am just cautiously optimistic at this point.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.