julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I just want to advise you to something that is important concerning wedding plans. This is for everyone's attention. During the interview do not bring up, show pictures or talk about any kind of ceremony that might be construed as a wedding in your current country. There have been others who have had a "engagement" party in their home country prior to the interview and the CO saw pictures of that function with all types of guests, food and celebration cheer, and concluded it must have been a wedding and declined the applicants K-1 visa. Upon which there was nothing that could be said or done to rectify the situation. Their K-1 visa became DEAD at that moment.

So be guarded in what you say and what you show picture wise to the CO. Of course if you have wedding plans after you arrive in USA and you are asked by the CO about those plans then there is no harm in sharing your plans but let it be known that a date is hard to set since you are unsure of your approval but you are planning to marry within 90 days after arrival. Many female CO's love to hear about such plans and sometimes spend a little more time learning about your wedding plans. Not for the information to adjudicate your application but just because females are more curious and interested in such plans. :thumbs:

@Greenbaum what if we are setting a date for wedding day? Would that be a problem? Is it taking risk? We are not planning anything until fall but should I even mention that to CO if it comes up? This is a genetic question but what are the chances of k-1 visa not being approved for someone and on what bases? If we are able to show financial stuff and Nona fife relationship, would CO look for any other rd flags? I just wanna know these things cuz my fiancé and I are trying to plan a wedding with taking risk but questioning if we should wait until visa in hand or risk it cuz we are running out of options for venues and financially it’s already killing us and FYI we aren’t going big but very small.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
6 hours ago, Xie_xong said:

Same here. Me and @turkishdelight are in the electronic group. NVC received our cases last March 20 and still waiting for our case numbers.

Oh nooo 😨 don’t say that! I thought electronic meant faster 😔

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
2 hours ago, J&B said:

Hey guys, 

NOA2: March 15

NVC Received: March 30

Case # Assigned: March 30

I was also told that I am "one of these electronic cases" so I should call back and press 5. I asked the agent who told me this what she means and she said it means I have to upload all visa documents electronically. Then I called back and pressed 5. I asked the guy if it means I will have to upload all docs online and he said no. He explained that the embassy will still handle everything and I should follow their lead.So I don't really know what it means to be in the electronic group. 

I’m happy you got your case number!  I’m hearing all sorts of things about these electronic cases. One thing I’ve come to know about this process is that nothing is consistent. There is no way we can determine what the outcome of our case will be and how it will be handled and when it will be handled. NOA1 Was June 27th, My NOA2 was March 19th, NVC rec was March 28th, and no case number yet. All we can do is wait and wait some more. 😔

9 hours ago, yselliegirl said:

So my case’s status is “Ready” as of this morning. Do I need to wait for a formal email / letter from my consulate? Or I can proceed to next steps? Thanks! 

Here are the "next step questions" for the Philippines. First, you do no need to wait for a formal letter or email to begin your processing in the Philippines. If you have your MNL# then start with the step by step instructions found here: http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html  They are free and it will help you navigate through every step of the way with recommend for links, next step advice and many other tidbits you will need. The information comes to you via Hank and is free to use. Join us over the sub-forum for the Philippines to ask your questions, address is here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Good luck and safe travels. :D

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

7 hours ago, KAF said:

Oh can you quote me to the Canadian forum please. I was looking for the most relatable forum but all I see was years/months ago. Thank you 😊 

The forum for Canada is located here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/  Be aware that the first 2-4 post can be dated but they are pinned in their position because they contain important information. So scroll down a bit for newer topics.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, Amit M said:

@Greenbaum what if we are setting a date for wedding day?

Would that be a problem? Is it taking risk? Setting a date for a wedding is not such a problem. Just ensure if you discuss your wedding dates with the CO that you include that "it's so hard to set a firm date with everything still up in the air with our approval but our plan is to schedule the wedding within the 90 day period after arrival to the States." Informing the CO with those intentions leaves nothing for the CO to be concerned about.  Besides the CO has no way of confirming what plans you have made and to what extent. 

We are not planning anything until fall but should I even mention that to CO if it comes up? Always be truthful and do not bring up any topic unless asked as this can open you to more questioning.

This is a genetic question but what are the chances of k-1 visa not being approved for someone and on what bases? Once you get to the interview stage and your documents that need to be presented at the interview check out then 99% of the time you are approved.

If we are able to show financial stuff and Nona fife relationship, would CO look for any other rd flags? It's there job to look for RED flags. So they will be looking. But if you have everything in order then you'll more than will likely pass.

I just wanna know these things cuz my fiancé and I are trying to plan a wedding with taking risk but questioning if we should wait until visa in hand or risk it cuz we are running out of options for venues and financially it’s already killing us and FYI we aren’t going big but very small.

See my comments in RED above.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Day 13 since NVC receive. I just spoke to Sunny who said my case should have a number by the end of this week. When I asked her to re-confirm she said she couldn't say for sure. :blink: But she said everything looks good and it's going through its normal process, etc.

Tagging my homies in the electronic group who also have a March 20 NVC receive date. Anyone else out there?

@Xie_xong @Elif

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

11 hours ago, Martin3517 said:

got back from my vacation and still nothing. 

Any latest news about your case? Have you tried the new website? Geez! It's been 10 months for you, brother. I really admire your patience regarding this process. I hope you'll hear something soon. Praying for you and fiancee. 

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

13 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Any latest news about your case? Have you tried the new website? Geez! It's been 10 months for you, brother. I really admire your patience regarding this process. I hope you'll hear something soon. Praying for you and fiancee. 

what new website? my lawyer has been bothering uscis about it. I am just going with the flow nowadays. I think he contacted the service operations in D.C. already.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

So, previously I said we're not in a rush and so we were going to wait for the email from nvc. But guys, trust me, this is hard. 

I received the NOA2 on 03/13 but on the hard copy it actually says "notice date 03/10". So it's been around 3 weeks more or less since approval. 

My fiance has been busy so he's never called and unfortunately I don't have a phone plan to call, it would be too expensive. So, we have no idea what's going on and I'm getting nervous. He said he'll probably call when he has some free time this week, but I doubt it. We're not in a rush, cause I won't be able to move before mid June, but I guess the sooner I book my interview, the better. Also because I have no idea how much I will have to wait for it. (nobody knows about Italian waiting time, right?) 

And then I read about a lot of you guys who received their case numbers in just a couple of weeks and maybe mine is already there waiting for me. 

Anyone know how long does it take to get the email after they assign a case number? 

Thanks everyone, I'm just really nervous and anxious and fiancé is not helping right now! 

Edited by baggles

1 minute ago, Martin3517 said:

what new website? my lawyer has been bothering uscis about it. I am just going with the flow nowadays. I think he contacted the service operations in D.C. already.

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ 

Just now, Martin3517 said:

i have the old account in USCIS should i use that? but it is asking for an email.

Choose "create a new account" on the lower right portion and you can use the same email add in your old account when you register.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
14 minutes ago, baggles said:

So, previously I said we're not in a rush and so we were going to wait for the email from nvc. But guys, trust me, this is hard. 

I received the NOA2 on 03/13 but on the hard copy it actually says "notice date 03/10". So it's been around 3 weeks more or less since approval. 

My fiance has been busy so he's never called and unfortunately I don't have a phone plan to call, it would be too expensive. So, we have no idea what's going on and I'm getting nervous. He said he'll probably call when he has some free time this week, but I doubt it. We're not in a rush, cause I won't be able to move before mid June, but I guess the sooner I book my interview, the better. Also because I have no idea how much I will have to wait for it. (nobody knows about Italian waiting time, right?) 

And then I read about a lot of you guys who received their case numbers in just a couple of weeks and maybe mine is already there waiting for me. 

Anyone know how long does it take to get the email after they assign a case number? 

Thanks everyone, I'm just really nervous and anxious and fiancé is not helping right now! 

I think the email is pretty immediate, but maybe not everyone gets it. I really don't trust anything they say...

I have been waiting a month since NOA2 so I think you're within normal processing times, especially if yours is an electronic case. 

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.