24 posts in this topic

Good day, 

I send my SPOUSE PETITION last year of September and by October they mailed me the Reciept number, after that I haven't heard of the USCIS. I wanna know how long will they mail me back, so I can proceed the next requirements? 
THANK YOU so MUCH.

*~*~*moved from "bringing family members of USCs" to "IR-1/CR-1 spouse visa progress reports"*~*~*

Currently it's taking anywhere between 6 and 9 months for the I-130 to be approved. If you complete your timeline, it will give you an estimated approval date. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

To : JFH 

Thanks for replying. So am gonna wait for them to reply or mail me? What if I haven't send the affidavit of support together with the I-130,We'll they still send me a message or something? Thank you so much 

1 hour ago, ashleyzarate said:

To : JFH 

Thanks for replying. So am gonna wait for them to reply or mail me? What if I haven't send the affidavit of support together with the I-130,We'll they still send me a message or something? Thank you so much 

Only thing you do now is wait for them to mail you Approval letter. They will send out that 6-10 months after receipt date depend on what center process your petition

3 hours ago, Tonyhoang said:

Only thing you do now is wait for them to mail you Approval letter. They will send out that 6-10 months after receipt date depend on what center process your petition

Tonyhoang

Ok, Thank you for information. 😊 I mailed it in Nebraska 

Potomac is about the fastest service centre and it is taking approximately 6 months from your NOA1 date to get an approval. Nebraska, sadly, is the slowest. Wait another 3-4 months. As for affidavit of support, it isn't needed with the i130 petition. Spend the next few months studying relevant threads on this forum religiously to prepare for the next stage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

it would help you and the VJ communtiy if you filed out your timeline on your profile and let the VJ community know the embassy/ country you are dealing with

the progress for CR1 is listed above under guides or in USCIS.com site

your country is under the portal and it is easy to check there for members from same country for information like embassy interviews and other important information as all embassies have different reqirements

looking at the processing times on here. Nebraska is processing June 2017 cases now. If your NOA1 was October then it will probably be about 3 or 4 more months( around may or June) that your case will be completed if there is no RFE.

As another poster mention you do not need the AOS documents with the I-130 petition.

After your case is approved by the USCIS it will be sent to the NVC . when your case is at the NVC is when you will need to send the  AOS

you could start looking at the guidelines and forums on here for the NVC to get a better understanding of what needs to be done at the NVC stage of the visa process

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

1 hour ago, j&ana said:

looking at the processing times on here. Nebraska is processing June 2017 cases now. If your NOA1 was October then it will probably be about 3 or 4 more months( around may or June) that your case will be completed if there is no RFE.

As another poster mention you do not need the AOS documents with the I-130 petition.

After your case is approved by the USCIS it will be sent to the NVC . when your case is at the NVC is when you will need to send the  AOS

you could start looking at the guidelines and forums on here for the NVC to get a better understanding of what needs to be done at the NVC stage of the visa process

j&ana: 

THANKS for the Information. Glad to know. 😊 

On 2/25/2018 at 4:39 PM, j&ana said:

Question, at this time while am waiting for the NVC, will my husband in the Philippines be receiving a letter also? THANK YOU 

On 2/24/2018 at 5:25 PM, JFH said:

*~*~*moved from "bringing family members of USCs" to "IR-1/CR-1 spouse visa progress reports"*~*~*

Currently it's taking anywhere between 6 and 9 months for the I-130 to be approved. If you complete your timeline, it will give you an estimated approval date. 

Question, at this time while am waiting for the NVC, will my husband in the Philippines be receiving a letter also? THANK YOU 

On 2/25/2018 at 1:07 PM, kris&me said:

it would help you and the VJ communtiy if you filed out your timeline on your profile and let the VJ community know the embassy/ country you are dealing with

the progress for CR1 is listed above under guides or in USCIS.com site

your country is under the portal and it is easy to check there for members from same country for information like embassy interviews and other important information as all embassies have different reqirements

Question, at this time while am waiting for the NVC, will my husband in the Philippines be receiving a letter also? THANK YOU 

yes I think he should but you do not need the Welcome letter.( there is a document cover sheet with the welcome letter that you will need to send in your documents but you can download that on the portal site when you pay your fee) Once your I-130 petition  is Approve by the USCIS it they will send it to the NVC. It will take the NVC about 30 days to process and assign case number and invoice number. You should start calling the NVC about 2 weeks after your 1-30petiton is approved to see if the NVC  has assign your case an invoice number, you will need that to pay the fees and to send in your documents

While your case is at the NVC  You should call them often. Instead  of waiting on them  It will help speed your process I call them at least 10 times while my wife case was there

Also the first thing you will need to do At the NVC stage  is  t0 fill out an agent of choice  form . you can designate anyone as the agent. the agent will be the person the NVC will communicate with. It is best if you choose yourself  as the agent

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

On 2/26/2018 at 8:50 PM, j&ana said:

yes I think he should but you do not need the Welcome letter.( there is a document cover sheet with the welcome letter that you will need to send in your documents but you can download that on the portal site when you pay your fee) Once your I-130 petition  is Approve by the USCIS it they will send it to the NVC. It will take the NVC about 30 days to process and assign case number and invoice number. You should start calling the NVC about 2 weeks after your 1-30petiton is approved to see if the NVC  has assign your case an invoice number, you will need that to pay the fees and to send in your documents

While your case is at the NVC  You should call them often. Instead  of waiting on them  It will help speed your process I call them at least 10 times while my wife case was there

Also the first thing you will need to do At the NVC stage  is  t0 fill out an agent of choice  form . you can designate anyone as the agent. the agent will be the person the NVC will communicate with. It is best if you choose yourself  as the agent

Thank you for your information.Glad to know all of this.  Much appreciated. 

Another question, I just moved to my new place Last December, so my question is that, the day i send  my husband's paper I was still in my old address. So now I just recently changed my address thru online. Are there other things i should know about? So that once the NVC mails me it will be send here in my new address instead of my old one. Big thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.