SAlove18

South African K1 Visa applicants

1,801 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hunter & Robyn said:

Hey guys!

Getting closer to the interview date (20-06-2019), and getting a little nervous, but also very excited! I just wanted to make sure I have received "Packet 4". What exactly is this, as I haven't actually received anything via email from the consulate after my interview was booked. Is Packet 4 the print-out instructions from the confirmation page, or is it something different?

Thank you so much!

Packet 4 is the instructions of how to make the appointment and complete DS160. If you haven’t received it, email the consulate and request it. They’re quite fast. They’ll also ask you to confirm your appointment date on email once you’ve scheduled it. 

Timeline

@Hunter & Robyn I'm Just curious, when were you able to book your appointment? was it only once the consulate received your packet or as you were able to as soon as you got your case number from NVC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Tanya007 said:

Packet 4 is the instructions of how to make the appointment and complete DS160. If you haven’t received it, email the consulate and request it. They’re quite fast. They’ll also ask you to confirm your appointment date on email once you’ve scheduled it. 

Okay so once I've sent off my dates back to them, they don't send an actual appointment letter back? Thank you so much! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hunter & Robyn said:

Okay so once I've sent off my dates back to them, they don't send an actual appointment letter back? Thank you so much! 

No you just print off the appointment letter online. 👍🏻

Timeline
28 minutes ago, KyleB22 said:

@Hunter & Robyn I'm Just curious, when were you able to book your appointment? was it only once the consulate received your packet or as you were able to as soon as you got your case number from NVC

I booked my interview once I received my packet 3 from the embassy. Go to www.ceac.state.gov and use your case number to check your statues. If it says "Ready", this should mean it's arrived at the U.S. Consulate in Johannesburg. I had to phone to get my Packet 3 (the letter of instructions on how to book interview), and then booked it straight away. Hope this helps! 

Edited by Hunter & Robyn
Incorrect wording.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tanya007 said:

No you just print off the appointment letter online. 👍🏻

Then I'm all set, thank you so very much! 😁

3 hours ago, Hunter & Robyn said:

Hey guys!

Getting closer to the interview date (20-06-2019), and getting a little nervous, but also very excited! I just wanted to make sure I have received "Packet 4". What exactly is this, as I haven't actually received anything via email from the consulate after my interview was booked. Is Packet 4 the print-out instructions from the confirmation page, or is it something different?

Thank you so much!

It is an instruction from the NIV together with your interview date. telling you details of the medicals and interview date

On 5/30/2019 at 1:15 PM, MozambiqueSoninha said:

I will write formal review in a bit - but everything went without a hitch.  They asked if we planed to return to Mozambique and we told them we were just waiting for the documents and then we would buy tickets to the states, The US woman said she couldnt promise but to come back tomorrow and perhaps they could have it done by then and if not return on Monday and they will have it for us.   

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who has been a part of this group especially for always having words of support and encouragement.   For those still in the process I wish nothing but the best for you and hope you soon get to come live in the US also.  

congratulations!!!

Hi everyone 

Posting the following information In case it helps:

Joburg consulate K-1 interview:

May 30  - YAY! my daughter’s fiancé Mike received his verbal approval at a relatively straightforward K-1 interview.  Most everyone has shared the required documentation and there were no surprises. His medical was there, tax transcripts, PCC, UBC, some recent proof of relationship and both letters of intent. 

Since my daughter and he met a little over a year ago (so a relatively short relationship) the interviewer asked how he knew the relationship would work and Mike said, when you know, you know and she answered: so they say...

We got very excited and with fares going up, we took a risk and booked a flight for Monday June 10, hoping all would flow according to plan and the visa would be ready. 

I began (anxiously) tracking the visa issue process on ceac.state.gov, inputting the JHN case # - here are the dates and status

May 31: status Ready, last update May 31

June 3: Admin Processing

June 4: Issued 

June 5: Mike received DHL tracking #

June 6; Should be delivered 

June 8: Mike will pick up

June 10: fly Emirates thru Boston to Detroit 

Once again grateful to everyone’s assistance and good luck to all those with upcoming interviews. As long as you are prepared and organized all will be fine.

On 6/5/2019 at 8:33 PM, SLV123 said:

Hi everyone 

Posting the following information In case it helps:

Joburg consulate K-1 interview:

May 30  - YAY! my daughter’s fiancé Mike received his verbal approval at a relatively straightforward K-1 interview.  Most everyone has shared the required documentation and there were no surprises. His medical was there, tax transcripts, PCC, UBC, some recent proof of relationship and both letters of intent. 

Since my daughter and he met a little over a year ago (so a relatively short relationship) the interviewer asked how he knew the relationship would work and Mike said, when you know, you know and she answered: so they say...

We got very excited and with fares going up, we took a risk and booked a flight for Monday June 10, hoping all would flow according to plan and the visa would be ready. 

I began (anxiously) tracking the visa issue process on ceac.state.gov, inputting the JHN case # - here are the dates and status

May 31: status Ready, last update May 31

June 3: Admin Processing

June 4: Issued 

June 5: Mike received DHL tracking #

June 6; Should be delivered 

June 8: Mike will pick up

June 10: fly Emirates thru Boston to Detroit 

Once again grateful to everyone’s assistance and good luck to all those with upcoming interviews. As long as you are prepared and organized all will be fine.

Congrats!

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Timeline

Hi everyone! My fiancé has his interview on June 27. For those of you in the CPT area who were approved, how long did it take you to get a notification from DHL your visa was available for pickup? 

I have seen seen several people say how happy they were with the quick turn around in receiving the visa but I wasn’t sure if they were located closer to JHB or in the western cape. 

On 6/7/2019 at 11:21 PM, sloanebglover said:

Hi everyone! My fiancé has his interview on June 27. For those of you in the CPT area who were approved, how long did it take you to get a notification from DHL your visa was available for pickup? 

I have seen seen several people say how happy they were with the quick turn around in receiving the visa but I wasn’t sure if they were located closer to JHB or in the western cape. 

my fiance visa came to CPT and it was quick after approval about 3 days is when we received notification that the visa was on the way and the pick up was very easy and smooth too! 

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.