IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Dot13 said:

You have to wait next day at 0900 to be able to schedule interview 

Thank you so much for all your help. 

@dot13 ok thank you is the mvr receipt number the one that says cgi reference number

Edited by Loyal Empress

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Loyal Empress said:

@dot13 ok thank you is the mvr receipt number the one that says cgi reference number

You will have to wait tomorrow just like @Dot13 said.  You will receive an email tonight or tomorrow morning clearly stating the mvr number, that same email will tell you that you can schedule an appointment after 9:00am. Don’t do anything on a rush cause of you mess up will just set you back more time, just relax you waited a while the process will be over soon and how fast you are won’t make a big difference, trust me on that one. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Sej said:

You will have to wait tomorrow just like @Dot13 said.  You will receive an email tonight or tomorrow morning clearly stating the mvr number, that same email will tell you that you can schedule an appointment after 9:00am. Don’t do anything on a rush cause of you mess up will just set you back more time, just relax you waited a while the process will be over soon and how fast you are won’t make a big difference, trust me on that one. 

@sej ok got it. Thank you

Timeline

Hey guys so my fiance's case says ready but i have not started the Ds-160 process because i am waiting for my fiances passport he had to get it renewed. is it ok to email the embassy for packet 3 or do we have to wait until we have submitted ds-160 and paid the fee? 

Timeline

@S.W1315You can email them. Complete ds-160 and pay the visa cause interview slots are going fast. When do you think your fiance will receive his passport? In my opinion, I would say complete everything that needs to be done cause by the time you're done with everything,  you might have to wait for New slots to open for interview. 

Edited by Dot13

Timeline
52 minutes ago, S.W1315 said:

Hey guys so my fiance's case says ready but i have not started the Ds-160 process because i am waiting for my fiances passport he had to get it renewed. is it ok to email the embassy for packet 3 or do we have to wait until we have submitted ds-160 and paid the fee? 

It all depends on when you will get the passport. You will need it to complete ds-160 and you need the ds-160 to get an interview. You can get the packet-3 it won’t hurt anything but you can’t do anything with it until you get the passport. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Dot13 said:

@S.W1315You can email them. Complete ds-160 and pay the visa cause interview slots are going fast. When do you think your fiance will receive his passport? In my opinion, I would say complete everything that needs to be done cause by the time you're done with everything,  you might have to wait for New slots to open for interview. 

Yeah you are right cause more people are getting approve and the slot are going faster than early in the year. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sej said:

Yeah you are right cause more people are getting approve and the slot are going faster than early in the year. 

3 hours ago, Sej said:

thanks guys and were expecting to get the passport this week. but you never know with these people. thanks for the help guys 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
21 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase.

We only had a 1-2 members who are in the Embassy/Consulate stage the rest of us are still waiting on our NOA2. Not sure how this assumption came about. Is there anyway to resume this forum to its original stage?

NEW Case Status website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

OLD  Case Status website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

USCIS - 800-375-5283.  NVC - (603)-334-0700

Contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283.

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY - https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Timeline
36 minutes ago, IssaCaptureFL said:

We only had a 1-2 members who are in the Embassy/Consulate stage the rest of us are still waiting on our NOA2. Not sure how this assumption came about. Is there anyway to resume this forum to its original stage?

I am not totally sure but I don’t think this changes much I think it just refer to the fact that this thread was moved into that category and when search for it you would find it in the embassy consulate forum instead of k-1 process.  But we do have all kind of applicant with different stages but all of them have the embassy in common. Cause I myself came here when I received my NOA2 and wasn’t sure what the haitian nvc to embassy process was like. 

Timeline
20 hours ago, IssaCaptureFL said:

This thread had help me a lot through my process. I'll be here to help those in need as much as I can.

Hello,

I am having an issue. My fiance did not listen to me. His passport will expire in 5 month by the time of his interview. Apparently, a friend of his working at the embassy told him that it was OK. In the process, of renewing for a new passport, his medical test had to be put on hold. He still has not receive his new passport because there's no passport booklet. That also mean no medical. He was not able to get the police paper. I want to rip all my hair out. His interview is on the 26th of this month. I already send all the papers to him. What is the best approach to this issue?

Any input will be appreciate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.