IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
8 hours ago, Sej said:

I got the passport today it was ready on monday night I believe everything went great all that’s left is POE. I wish everyone else the best of luck keep at it and it will happen, I’ll check daily to see if anyone has a question. 

Some did but I am not sure if that’s still the case. 

Congratulations! 

Ya'll, I just have to vent for a moment. I received my NOA1 on November 2, 2017 and my fiance and I are hoping to hear back before Memorial Day! USCIS has really sped through September applications. But, my vent is about his ex-wife (white, Canadian ex-pat living in Haiti) - they never pursued any residency in Canada (that wasn't the plan for them). 

But, can we discuss how many white people in the NGO circuit in Haiti believe they are absolutely untouchable. When she discovered he'd moved on (we've been together almost 3 years), she threatened to call the US embassy and tell them to deny him his visa. (I presume on the grounds of white is right, lol). Now, I'm not worried about that at all - it's silly, she's silly. BUT, it's crazy to me that white people in Haiti (who have access to power that they would never and DO NOT have in their home countries), get to the island and think they run things...like, you're not even American and you're going to phone the US embassy and someone will listen to you!?! You have to laugh at the silliness, privilege and delusion. SMDH.

Edited by PortauPrince4Love

Timeline
1 hour ago, PortauPrince4Love said:

Ya'll, I just have to vent for a moment. I received my NOA1 on November 2, 2017 and my fiance and I are hoping to hear back before Memorial Day! USCIS has really sped through September applications. But, my vent is about his ex-wife (white, Canadian ex-pat living in Haiti) - they never pursued any residency in Canada (that wasn't the plan for them). 

But, can we discuss how many white people in the NGO circuit in Haiti believe they are absolutely untouchable. When she discovered he'd moved on (we've been together almost 3 years), she threatened to call the US embassy and tell them to deny him his visa. (I presume on the grounds of white is right, lol). Now, I'm not worried about that at all - it's silly, she's silly. BUT, it's crazy to me that white people in Haiti (who have access to power that they would never and DO NOT have in their home countries), get to the island and think they run things...like, you're not even American and you're going to phone the US embassy and someone will listen to you!?! You have to laugh at the silliness, privilege and delusion. SMDH.

As long as they are divorce and he is honest with you and you guys didn’t say anthing that is untrue on your application you are all good. Some people are crazy it’s unique to any nation even, that’s why I keep craziness as far away as possible. And although not a U.S. citizen calling the embassy on the ground of fraud I believe they will always listen although they will do their own investigation but it’s just annoying.  And I am not sure of the situation of your fiance but when you are filing in Haiti you don’t even tell your family if they are not really close( that’s an unspoken rule), my question is how is someone like an ex wife even know about it. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dot13 said:

Still no appt available. I keep checking several times a day 😭😭😭😭😭

I am sorry not sure what happen there first time I have seen that, keep at it I am sure they will have an appointment soon.  

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sej said:

I am sorry not sure what happen there first time I have seen that, keep at it I am sure they will have an appointment soon.  

Thank you for all your advice and congratulations again.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sej said:

Thank’s hopefully yours come in soon, and does ur CEAC say “issued” yet?

Nope not yet but i think it will today. It went from AP with immigrant status for a couple days then to Ready for interview for couple more then yesterday to Application received with non immigrant status (in the morning) then back to AP (in afternoon). According to research i did on VJ this is normal and means will be issued soon. Just really sucks because he would of been on his flight right now but because of his stupid mistake he's not (forgot extrait d'achive). To top it all off im out $110 because come to find it that stupid insurance i bought with the flight is worth nothing. They only have specific reasons that they reimburse for and i thought i could use the illness one but apparently you must see a doctor and have documentation. Uhhh fml but i know he'll probably be here next week but i won't be re-purchasing any ticket till he gets notification to pick up passport. So a word to the rest of yall still waiting DONT PURCHASE TICKETS until after interview or have visa in hand.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Nope not yet but i think it will today. It went from AP with immigrant status for a couple days then to Ready for interview for couple more then yesterday to Application received with non immigrant status (in the morning) then back to AP (in afternoon). According to research i did on VJ this is normal and means will be issued soon. Just really sucks because he would of been on his flight right now but because of his stupid mistake he's not (forgot extrait d'achive). To top it all off im out $110 because come to find it that stupid insurance i bought with the flight is worth nothing. They only have specific reasons that they reimburse for and i thought i could use the illness one but apparently you must see a doctor and have documentation. Uhhh fml but i know he'll probably be here next week but i won't be re-purchasing any ticket till he gets notification to pick up passport. So a word to the rest of yall still waiting DONT PURCHASE TICKETS until after interview or have visa in hand.

🤦🏽‍♂️That extrait d’archive thing was just aweful, and set you back more than you should have been.  Well for the ticket you could have bought business class but it would have been double the price, I drag mine out putting reservation until CEAC said issue to get the ticket but you are right no ticket until visa in hand. But you should definitely “tock tock tèt li” for that mistake😂.  I have been fortunate I am good with paper work and my fiance is good with that kind of stuff too and more picky than me, so we didn’t forget anything by double checking.  ( remember peeps make sure you take a day just before the interview to double check everything with fiance.)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sej said:

🤦🏽‍♂️That extrait d’archive thing was just aweful, and set you back more than you should have been.  Well for the ticket you could have bought business class but it would have been double the price, I drag mine out putting reservation until CEAC said issue to get the ticket but you are right no ticket until visa in hand. But you should definitely “tock tock tèt li” for that mistake😂.  I have been fortunate I am good with paper work and my fiance is good with that kind of stuff too and more picky than me, so we didn’t forget anything by double checking.  ( remember peeps make sure you take a day just before the interview to double check everything with fiance.)

Lol et pas manti, map fe plus ke "tock tock" nan tet nom la le'm we'l. But its ok its not the end of the world. "This too shall pass".

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Lol et pas manti, map fe plus ke "tock tock" nan tet nom la le'm we'l. But its ok its not the end of the world. "This too shall pass".

Yeah right! By the time he gets to the states you’ll probably forget that happened 😂.  Just be patient like you said “ this too shall pass”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dot13 said:

Still no appt available. I keep checking several times a day 😭😭😭😭😭

Omg that's heart  I'm waiting on case number from NVC I pray this changes I can imagine how your feeling 

2 hours ago, Dee&Claudy said:

You will definitely forget about it by the time he gets here. It's almost over

1 hour ago, Dee&Claudy said:

FINALLY!!! lol on the day he should have been here.

Capture+_2018-04-05-12-55-35.png

Congrats!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.