1,601 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, yilunhua said:

Hello guys, on April 4th my status changed from "we received your case" to "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case". I couldn't find much information on the Internet about this message and its meaning. It seems to me a very unnecessary update but it doesn't seem a lot of people get this update neither so it makes me concerned if there are any problems on my case (like failed the FBI background check or something). 

I am located in Los Angeles and here is my timeline:

Feb 12  package sent

Feb 21  App received 

Mar 13  Biometrics done 

Apr 4  Case status updated

I also have the same update since April 4th as well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Greece
Timeline
Just now, karor said:

I also have the same update since April 4th as well.

I'm wondering if we're not going to get any RFIE's or courtesy letters. I'm pretty sure my medical form is old since I did it in the summer or something but I haven't gotten anything in the mail or any updates on my case on those. Do they send you case updates online when you're supposed to get any of these?

UTmSm4.png

Married: July 18th, 2017

AOS Sent: January 31st, 2018

AOS Received: February 1st, 2018

NOA's Received: February 21st, 2018

I-765 Resent: March 3rd, 2018  (They asked to refile because I used an old form)

I-765 Delivered: March 8th, 2018

Biometrics Complete: March 15th, 2018

NOA (I-765) Received: March 27th, 2018

Biometrics Complete (I-765): April 11th, 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
45 minutes ago, bostonfilerca said:

I have a question! When i initially filed everything my EAD application was sent back to me (with a green paper on top) stating that i used an old form and to refile. I refiled shortly after, however I was wondering if i lost my place in line. Like would my EAD application still be in place with the rest of mine? Or did it technically restart from day 0? If anyone knows what i mean? Hard to explain kind of.

I think it starts from the day you send the correct application. What date does your 797 Notice show for date revived? but if you sent it shortly  after, it shouldn’t be too long after.

Just now, bostonfilerca said:

I'm wondering if we're not going to get any RFIE's or courtesy letters. I'm pretty sure my medical form is old since I did it in the summer or something but I haven't gotten anything in the mail or any updates on my case on those. Do they send you case updates online when you're supposed to get any of these?

I have submitted my medical form with the package so I know I shouldn't get that one as it is still valid till September. 

My case number has just recently started registering and on dhs website shows this status that biometrics have been reviewed while on uscis.gov it is giving me user defined error for the last two weeks. I did call today and they just said all is good, biometrics done and interview is next in process. DIdn't really give me an update on what's the last update on their end. 

The do send email with any updates if you mark that you'd be informed via text or email. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, N & JJ said:

I think it starts from the day you send the correct application. What date does your 797 Notice show for date revived? but if you sent it shortly  after, it shouldn’t be too long after.

Makes sense. My notice date was March 23rd. I originally filed everything on feb 1st but it took about 3 weeks for them to send my NOA's on that (and the request to refile EAD) and then after i refiled the EAD like 2-3 days later another 3 weeks to say they received it :crying: haha. Anyone know about expediting the EAD's? I've been wanting to try it since we're going through some financial hardship.

UTmSm4.png

I-765 Resent: March 3rd, 2018  (They asked to refile because I used an old form)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
12 minutes ago, bostonfilerca said:

I got my courtesy letter but no update prior to that. I read from somewhere else it seems once they finished initial review of all your documents and no initial or additional evidence needed, they will send you the courtesy letter. If you have not received any of those it could means that they are still checking if you have submitted all required stuff. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, bostonfilerca said:

I have that same update. Not on the original USCIS website since it hasn't updated but on myaccount.uscis

3 hours ago, yilunhua said:

Hello guys, on April 4th my status changed from "we received your case" to "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case". I couldn't find much information on the Internet about this message and its meaning. It seems to me a very unnecessary update but it doesn't seem a lot of people get this update neither so it makes me concerned if there are any problems on my case (like failed the FBI background check or something). 

I am located in Los Angeles and here is my timeline:

Feb 12  package sent

Feb 21  App received 

Mar 13  Biometrics done 

Apr 4  Case status updated

Hello :) I got the same update since the day that I made my biometrics, after that you can just wait for two things an RFE or EAD... Here is were we start to feel the long wait 

Edited by MelandJason
Wrong typo

:)Our timeline AOS:)

Jan/30/2018    Filed via UPS 2 says    

Feb/01/2018    Package delivered (Chicago locxbox)

Feb/01/2018    Priority date (in the hard copies)

Feb/09/2018    Checks cashed

Feb/15/2018    Lawyer got NOA1

Feb/16/2018    We got our NOA1

Feb/24/2018    Biometrics appoiment letter in the mail

Mar/03/2018   Courtesy letter in the mail (medical not sent)

Mar/07/2018   Biometrics appointment schedule (Done)

event.png

Timeline
Just now, Nikku777 said:

Looks like many folks who applied in Dec- Jan are getting their Interview appointment notices without getting EAD , does that mean they wont need EAD as they will be done with their interviews soon ? 

Yes because when you get your GC your EAD is cancelled :)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nikku777 said:

Looks like many folks who applied in Dec- Jan are getting their Interview appointment notices without getting EAD , does that mean they wont need EAD as they will be done with their interviews soon ? 

I think their EAD application case will be rejected. That’s what happened to some January filers who already got approved after their interviews. Any news about your cases?

Edited by simonvikih79

Timeline
1 minute ago, simonvikih79 said:

I think their EAD application case will be rejected. That’s what happened to some January filers who already got approved after their interviews. Any news about your cases?

Mime case still in "reviewing" after the biometrics but today will be an update of the system maybe someone could hace some news :D

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
1 minute ago, MelandJason said:

Mime case still in "reviewing" after the biometrics but today will be an update of the system maybe someone could hace some news :D

Okay

Timeline
1 minute ago, MelandJason said:

How do you know it's going to be updated? My status hasn't changed since I first submit everything on the case tracker but myaccount.uscis just says they received my biometrics on April 4th

UTmSm4.png

8 minutes ago, simonvikih79 said:

Mine says RFE response recieved have'nt got updated since then. Do you know whats the next step after the interview ? In how many days you'll get your GC ?  

Timeline
15 minutes ago, MelandJason said:

Yes because when you get your GC your EAD is cancelled :)

Has anyone from Feb gotten EAD's or Interviews?

UTmSm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.