faithful12

EB3 visa approval

14 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

My interview was scheduled for 07:30 IST Jan 2018 at the Mumbai consulate for EB3 visa. Arrived at 06:50 IST and was asked to wait across the road, opposite the consulate. Immediately, all immigration visa applicants were called forward to the consulate to form the line irrespective of the time slot. We grouped into the queue as a family of 4 and were asked to keep the following documents ready for check:

§  P4 Letter

§  Passport Original

§  Visa Centre stamped DS-260 (received after biometrics)

At 07:05 IST the line started to move forward and initial checked the DS-260 and passport and then into the building for security checks. No electronics gadgets such as Cellphones, Power Banks, SIM enabled watches, CDs are allowed. Place all the wallets, purses, documents, bags into the x-ray scanner trays. If you have kids, snacks and juices are allowed. Since there are also chances of long waits for any unforeseen reasons, you can carry books to read while waiting.

After the security check, we will be directed to the next building where the Immigration counters available and the Counter Window #1 issues the token number which will be used throughout the process. Counter Windows 1 -16 will be available for Immigration visas. Counter #2-6 for Documentation Checks, Counter #7-16 for Immigration Officers.

We got called to Counter Window 3 for setting our Documentation in order, ensuring whatever required for the Visa officer to study the case and interview. We are asked to produce copies of marriage certificate, birth certificate, original Police clearance, 2 photos, offer letter. Once completed we were asked to wait at the lounge for our Token number to be called for the VO Interview. This waiting for us took at least 3 hours of waiting.

Finally when our token number flashed, the VO greeted and introduced himself as the VO for our case. He then asked us lift our right hand up and swear whatever we say from this point is the truth and nothing but the truth.

As the primary applicant, initial questions were directed to me and later my spouse. No queries were directed to the kids. Note that kids can really get restless at this point so ensure to occupy them with something so that they may not disturb the interview.

The following are the questions raised by the VO:

Primary Applicant

1)    Who is calling you to the US?

2)    How did you know about this agency?

3)    Will the agency support your salary in case you loose a job or they are unable to find an opening?

4)    What will you be working for the agency as?

5)    Why is the reporting location different than the work site address?

6)    Where did you do Master’s? What all subjects did you learn in your masters? What courses did you do apart from Masters?

7)    How many years of experience you have in your profession?

8)    Where were you born?

Spouse/Dependent Applicant

1)    Where were you born?

2)    What is your current job? Explain the roles and responsibilities

3)    Did you visit US before? What were the job roles in US?

4)    What Team did you lead?

5)    Who did you work for during the period of H1 and L1? ( ince he had already been in the US before on H1 and L1)

The interview seemed very nerve wracking to me. But after 20 mins of questions and answers back and forth. The VO took some time of typing on his system and discussing with his colleague/Supervisor about this case. Once he completed that he paused for a while and told us that all 4 of our visas were approved and gave us 2 forms. We sighed with relief. One form explained how to pay the GC fees, the other form explained that our visa was approved – in bold letters and a tick mark against it (It also contained instructions what next after this interview).

We thanked God and the officer for the approval. Overall the experience was different from what I had in mind. The officials and workers at the consulate were helpful. Special attention was given to senior citizens or differently abled applicants, helping them in arranging their documents in order, language support / translator in case applicant does not know English.

After a week of getting our visa approved, we were intimated by email that our passport were ready for pickup. We got a large grey packet that had a sealed packet and our passports with visa on it. The yellow sealed packet is to be handed over to the Immigration Officer at the POE along with our X ray CD.

This has been our visa interview journey. Thanks VJers for your constant support and help.

God bless you all.

Awesome..

Looking forward to your contributions to help support others on the forum on their immigration journey. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline
8 hours ago, WeGuyGal said:

Awesome..

Looking forward to your contributions to help support others on the forum on their immigration journey. 

thanks, I sure will. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
52 minutes ago, dj1234 said:

Hi Faithful12,

Did you need notarized offer letter from employer or a simple one?

Pl confirm.

yes a notarized  offer letter was required. Also it had to be within the 30 day period from Interview date. 

• 9 months later...
Timeline
42 minutes ago, M Reddy said:

Hi Thanks for the information. Can you provide exact dates please. 

CC Date?

Interview letter received Date?

My CC date was 13th December 2018, and still waiting for interview date. 

Thanks in advance. 

CC - Nov 15, 2017

Interview letter - Dec 15, 2017

6 hours ago, M Reddy said:

Thanks a lot again for the response.  and can i please know what did you ans for this ques

3)    Will the agency support your salary in case you loose a job or they are unable to find an opening?

Each case is unique. You have to answer CO questions based on your own circumstance. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Employer appoints the Lawyer, Beneficiaries involvement is relatively limited.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.