Rmc190

Do i have to wait for the packet 3 to book medical?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi all, I called the NVC today and have been giving a case number dose this mean i can book my medical? just seeing what is the next step

i do hae my ds160 and police cert 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i would not book medical until told to as you have to travel within 6 months of the medical exam / most plan to but things can be delayed

20 minutes ago, Rmc190 said:

hi all, I called the NVC today and have been giving a case number dose this mean i can book my medical? just seeing what is the next step

i do hae my ds160 and police cert 

Book medical as soon as you get your number from NVC.  You can book your interview too but make sure you give it  a few weeks out so the paperwork has time to get to the embassy.  The ball is in your court now.  This will move as slowly or as quickly as you want.

File the DS-160 and make sure you have all your police reports before you go to the interview.  The only delays now are on you!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Call panel physician listed by your embassy and confirm if you can schedule medical appointments only with case number or if you need sn official letter. 

In my country official document with case number is it necessary for medicals but I have seen in other countries it’s a must!

17 minutes ago, Marcelina said:

Call panel physician listed by your embassy and confirm if you can schedule medical appointments only with case number or if you need sn official letter. 

In my country official document with case number is it necessary for medicals but I have seen in other countries it’s a must!

They already have their case number so they should be good to go.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

They already have their case number so they should be good to go.

Depends on the country, in Kuwait it seems they want an official document with NVC case number, confirmed by @msscarlette

Just now, Marcelina said:

Depends on the country, in Kuwait it seems they want an official document with NVC case number, confirmed by @msscarlette

I see.  Most book online and others are walk in.  I understand they need the paperwork to do a walk in but if they schedule online I didn't think it was that important.  In my case, it is a walk medical in so the paperwork needs to be in hand but the interview is scheduled online so all you need is the number.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I see.  Most book online and others are walk in.  I understand they need the paperwork to do a walk in but if they schedule online I didn't think it was that important.  In my case, it is a walk medical in so the paperwork needs to be in hand but the interview is scheduled online so all you need is the number.

Each country seems a bit different I had to call and book appointment but confirmed a case number was not even an issue ;)

So I would always suggest other members contacting physician that is indicated by the embassy. Most reliable information for best source, too easy. 

18 hours ago, Canaderp said:

How can you tell which your country requires? Would like to get ahead of NOA 2

You can start with the Canada portal.  Click on the "Portals" link in the menu bar at the top of this page.  Then select Canada and click the "Go" button.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline
49 minutes ago, ddtenor2 said:

You can start with the Canada portal.  Click on the "Portals" link in the menu bar at the top of this page.  Then select Canada and click the "Go" button.

Appreciate it, but not sure how that helps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.