6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here have experience with the Dallas, TX office? How does an interview look like?

The letters says to bring passport, birth certificate copies- are they just plain copies or do they need to be certified/notorized or sth?

Basically tell me about your experience at an interview or give me a link on this site where people talk about their interview experiences.

Thank you <3

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I was supposed to have the interview on 31st jan, but due to my husband I'm still angry with we needed to postpone. This means you send them the letter back and well..it's been 8 weeks and no response whatsoever. We also called in (no the exact office since they don't dabble in phones but only in letter and i imagine soon in pigeons and Harry Potter style owls --sarcasm) and they didn't know anything.

So for the first response I waited since sept 2016,which makes it 16 months. Now because of rescheduling it seems it will be another few months.

Timeline

I was supposed to have the interview on 31st jan, but due to my husband I'm still angry with we needed to postpone. This means you send them the letter back and well..it's been 8 weeks and no response whatsoever. We also called in (no the exact office since they don't dabble in phones but only in letter and i imagine soon in pigeons and Harry Potter style owls --sarcasm) and they didn't know anything.

So for the first response I waited since sept 2016,which makes it 16 months. Now because of rescheduling it seems it will be another few months.

p.s. and that was with calling in every 30 days since october and filing inquiry...that only saif thatit was at Dallas office since about 8.nov 2017 and waiting to be scheduled. They needed 2 months to schedule our case and I bet if we weren't so persistent we would be still waiting for our first interview  date. To me it's ridiculous how long they take.

Oh and let me tell you another joy. If it's been more than 12months since your medical exam for visa, you will need to retake the medical exam. Which will cost you 200$...that is if they recognize your medical records...which mine ,even tho I'm from EU ,didn't..so they gave me useless and unneeded vaccinations for tetanus, MMR , hepatitis B that caused me a ton of problems (but if i declined they said they wouldn't pass my medical-so i was forced against my better judgment)...and they charged me 450$ altogether. If you didn't get a flu shot,which i did, they will charge you for that ,too. Plus be prepared to feel side effects ,specially of MMR (I had fever of 104-6 for 6 days, nausea, vomiting, severe swelling of the whole arm, rash all over my boy, joint pain, headaches and severe bruising that even now a month after i need to be careful not to get injured or i may bleed to death...and so on) and tetanus (pretty bad bruise that took 3 weeks to go away plus my whole arm hurt, was stiff and spasmed for about 4 days)... my autoimmune disease has been silent for almost a year and now it has broken out again and i'll need to be put on a very expensive drug just because of this...plus they do things ### backwards: they give you shots and then ask questions like : do you have any illnesses or conditions that you may not get the shots because of it, or pregnant (if you're pregnant you baby will be crippled plus you can't get pregnant 1-3 months after the shot or your baby will be crippled--so keep that in mind if they force you to get these shots ,too,that you need to be mindful not to conceive within 3 months after getting MMR). I've tried to tell them that i have autoimmune disease that i'm on imunosupressive meds and they didn't take it into account.

Plus the doctor was very rude asking questions like if i have reckless sexual life (which the doctor in EU for the same medical never asked and if he did ask anything like it he was polite about it, this one here just asked like i'm a common prostitute ) and if i was exposed to HIV... and basically all the time implying i'm reckless and stupid in my intimacy (with my husband). So yes, be prepared that they may be very rude; if there was a word to describe worse than rude, i'd use it right now.

They also test you for varicella, chicken pox and if you are negative (you weren't vaccinated or were never sick) they charge you an extra of 125$ for the pleasure of another shot.

And of course they will do the tuberculosis test that if it comes out positive (mine was negative which was strange since i was vaccinated as a newborn 32 years ago) you+'ll need a chest xray (another 100$) and blood work (another 100 or so $)..and then treatment (which in USA won't be cheap).

So be prepared for at least another 200$, most likely 450$ expense with the invitation to this interview. Oh and if you haven't had chicken pox another 125$. I imagine you won't have tb since most cases come from Mexico.

Good luck - hope it serves you better than it did me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.