AntoinetteRa

DCF Frankfurt - IR-1/CR-1 -Steps and Preparation

2 posts in this topic

Hello, 

We are applying for the IR-1/CR-1 Visa in Frankfurt. We already sent our I-130 and got the NOA1. As we are waiting for our I-130 approval we would like to prepare ourselves for the next steps. I know I will have to get a medical examination, and have to gather paper work such as police records etc. I found the timelines of Frankfurt but  I am very confused by which steps have to be taken at what times in the process and what I can prepare already. Here are some questions we have and hope maybe that someone who went through the same can help us:

1.  What are the steps following the approval of the I-130? And what can we prepare already now?

2. Can I already get my medical exam done now, so I can choose a close interview date when we get there? Or is that too early as the medical exam expires after 6 month

3. Do we have to send the paper work (passport copy, police record, marrigae certificat, I184 etcI) to Frankfurt via postal Mail like the I-130 or do I have to bring it to the interview?

4. During which step do you chose the interview date?

I am sure this was discussed before in the forum but I could not find it anywhere. We are trying to do our part as quickly as possible so at least the process is not delayed because of us and as we have to wait anyways we thought we could prepare. 

Thank you so much in advanced. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 minutes ago, AntoinetteRa said:

Hello, 

We are applying for the IR-1/CR-1 Visa in Frankfurt. We already sent our I-130 and got the NOA1. As we are waiting for our I-130 approval we would like to prepare ourselves for the next steps. I know I will have to get a medical examination, and have to gather paper work such as police records etc. I found the timelines of Frankfurt but  I am very confused by which steps have to be taken at what times in the process and what I can prepare already. Here are some questions we have and hope maybe that someone who went through the same can help us:

1.  What are the steps following the approval of the I-130? And what can we prepare already now?

2. Can I already get my medical exam done now, so I can choose a close interview date when we get there? Or is that too early as the medical exam expires after 6 month

3. Do we have to send the paper work (passport copy, police record, marrigae certificat, I184 etcI) to Frankfurt via postal Mail like the I-130 or do I have to bring it to the interview?

4. During which step do you chose the interview date?

I am sure this was discussed before in the forum but I could not find it anywhere. We are trying to do our part as quickly as possible so at least the process is not delayed because of us and as we have to wait anyways we thought we could prepare. 

Thank you so much in advanced. 

All your questions can be answered by reading through the following links:

From Official NVC's websites click here

From Visa Journey Wiki click here 

Once you're done, read them one or two more times to really understand it. By doing so you will become a master of the entire process :)

Use the Document Finder tool here for U.S. Visa: Reciprocity and Civil Documents by Country and select the country that issued your civil document.

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.