41 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Has any american spouse had a positive experience at the Islamabad embassy in Pakistan? I'm an American citizen and my husband is from Pakistan we are trying to get a marriage visa and I have heard alot of bad experiences now I'm worried sick please anyone if you have a good experience please share I'm feeling so discouraged 😔

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Rachel Rauf said:

Has any american spouse had a positive experience at the Islamabad embassy in Pakistan? I'm an American citizen and my husband is from Pakistan we are trying to get a marriage visa and I have heard alot of bad experiences now I'm worried sick please anyone if you have a good experience please share I'm feeling so discouraged 😔

I am from Pakistan and my wife was from Pakistan and we had no problem getting the visa. it depends on the circumstances. 

Timeline

I am worried about it also but I know in my heart that we have done everything we are able to do and I’m trying to stay positive in my thinking. Hopefully my husband will have his interview this spring...I’m thinking March or April. 

Timeline

A lot of people getting visas no problem 

It might takes longer if male, common male name, cultural difference, age difference, extensive travel, engineers, not a normal paki marriage .etc 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Background checks seem to take a bit longer but if it is a normal case not sure there is a significant difference.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sorry to not be positive, but it appears that if both are Pakistanis, it's easier. If it is a woman interviewing at the Embassy, it's easier. The people I have talked to have not had an easy time of it.  Others on here may say that people are getting visas left and right, but I don't see it that way. When my hubby went to his interview, only a few people got their visas, and they were older people, like parents of USC's. They are particularly rude to Pakistani men.  I'm sure somebody will insult me and tell me it was a wonderful experience, but I don't care.

If you have any of these, they will give you a hard time : (Even if you don't, they will probably give you a hard time.)

divorces

different religions

different cultures

different ages

children

ex spouses

they can insult you about:

parents

neighbors

lifestyles (remember they live 500 years in the past, even though the person you are petitioning for will be in the US)

former spouses

jobs

where your spouse stays when visiting

city they live in

and any other normal thing you can think of.

I would never have my spouse go to an interview without a lawyer present now.

I don't mean to scare you, but be prepared for him to basically be treated like a war prisoner being interrogated. The only thing missing is the billy club. I will have plenty more to say when this is all over. This is not saying what my husband was asked about, not talking about that right now. But I have friends from VJ that I have talked to about their experiences in several of the embassies. Basic human laws are being broken consistently by embassy employees. It needs to stop.

If you think they are just doing their job, then you have a screwed up sense of justice. Interviews can be done in a humane, kind, and dignified way. There is no justification for the things they are doing and the way they are treating people.

Edited by Love To Teach

Timeline
2 hours ago, Rachel Rauf said:

please stay positive... hope for the best and prepare for the worst

you got a lot of good answers here from members

Post your case details so members here can help you prepare for the process and interview

i learned a lot from this site and so far my process has been smooth ... i am waiting for interview date

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

Sorry to not be positive, but it appears that if both are Pakistanis, it's easier. If it is a woman interviewing at the Embassy, it's easier. The people I have talked to have not had an easy time of it.  Others on here may say that people are getting visas left and right, but I don't see it that way. When my hubby went to his interview, only a few people got their visas, and they were older people, like parents of USC's. They are particularly rude to Pakistani men.  I'm sure somebody will insult me and tell me it was a wonderful experience, but I don't care.

If you have any of these, they will give you a hard time : (Even if you don't, they will probably give you a hard time.)

divorces

different religions

different cultures

different ages

children

ex spouses

they can insult you about:

parents

neighbors

lifestyles (remember they live 500 years in the past, even though the person you are petitioning for will be in the US)

former spouses

jobs

where your spouse stays when visiting

city they live in

and any other normal thing you can think of.

I would never have my spouse go to an interview without a lawyer present now.

I don't mean to scare you, but be prepared for him to basically be treated like a war prisoner being interrogated. The only thing missing is the billy club. I will have plenty more to say when this is all over. This is not saying what my husband was asked about, not talking about that right now. But I have friends from VJ that I have talked to about their experiences in several of the embassies. Basic human laws are being broken consistently by embassy employees. It needs to stop.

If you think they are just doing their job, then you have a screwed up sense of justice. Interviews can be done in a humane, kind, and dignified way. There is no justification for the things they are doing and the way they are treating people.

Hello my interview was on 25april 2017 at us embassy Islamabad . after interview he said DNA . my DNA process has been completed . embassy received result.  Many times I contact to us embassy Islamabad same response Your case is under admin process . really hurted. On 4th December 2017 Islamabad embassy sent someone for more investigation. He was in us consulate Karachi . he took my interview again at least 1hour at my home and got more information from my neighbours about me still I am in administrative process . 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Pakistan said:

Hello my interview was on 25april 2017 at us embassy Islamabad . after interview he said DNA . my DNA process has been completed . embassy received result.  Many times I contact to us embassy Islamabad same response Your case is under admin process . really hurted. On 4th December 2017 Islamabad embassy sent someone for more investigation. He was in us consulate Karachi . he took my interview again at least 1hour at my home and got more information from my neighbours about me still I am in administrative process . 

Where is your Spouse from ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
17 hours ago, Rachel Rauf said:

I had a great experience a few times with the ISB embassy

Feel free to message me with questions

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kastrs said:

I had a great experience a few times with the ISB embassy

Feel free to message me with questions

Thank you Allah that is so good to hear I've been worried sick 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fiance had a good experience.  We have education gap but in my age, over 40, widowed with kids, both of us, it was an easy sail.  She was contacted by Pakistani decent US embassy person for some verification and he gave her his phone number in case she wants to contact him for more information (she lost her phone and that number :( ).  I feel, different religion or ethnicity should not be an issue unless they suspect foul previous divorce or something else.

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.