gw09ltry

Is it possible my bf sponsor my study and stay with him?

6 posts in this topic

Hi all dear, I am not a US resident and thinking of going to United States for studying.  

I have been concerned about my stay in USA and if my visa approved or not. My situation below.

I once was in USA for 3 months with ESTA for the first time. I stayed always with my bf who has a green card not American.

It took 2 hrs to get out from airport because I just left my job and I said " I stay with my bf" , then they had suspicion. 

After that,  I mean now, I wanted to go abroad for middle-term( 6months to 1 year) to learn IT skills or IT design and brush up my English, so my bf offered me to pay my tuition to go to school in USA.

This is a really surprising and ideal offer for me, but I know if I have bf in USA, they would think there is suspicion to me. And they must have recorded what happened my first stay. (I was visiting my bf and unemployed)Then,  I've faced my problem.

1: Is it possible my bf sponsor my student fee?

2: I have BA. But  I want to go to  the university extension or a school for studying technical IT skills, not my BA field.

But I have worked in IT field for 5 months after graduate. Will this be suspicious or a problem?

3: I have been unemployed so I am looking for short-term or internship job in IT field and will do it until I go to the school. 

Will this be a good point?

4: I actually wanna stay with him while my study, but I think this is not good to get visa... Should I borrow or stay in school  accommodation?

5: I want to visit him this April for 1-2 weeks.  Is this okay if I wanna F-1 Visa?

( I think I should not visit USA before I go to school?  I would honestly say to immigration officer " I am visiting my bf " again because I did)

I think No.1 should be a problem , it might need to be my parents or relatives I guess. If it is not possible or not cool, I will get school loans.

Could you give me any help or advice? I am really excited but now I am more confused and getting upset now.

Thank you for reading.

Edited by gw09ltry

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1 hour ago, gw09ltry said:

Hi all dear, I am not a US resident and thinking of going to United States for studying.  

I have been concerned about my stay in USA and if my visa approved or not. My situation below.

I once was in USA for 3 months with ESTA for the first time. I stayed always with my bf who has a green card not American.

It took 2 hrs to get out from airport because I just left my job and I said " I stay with my bf" , then they had suspicion. 

After that,  I mean now, I wanted to go abroad for middle-term( 6months to 1 year) to learn IT skills or IT design and brush up my English, so my bf offered me to pay my tuition to go to school in USA.

This is a really surprising and ideal offer for me, but I know if I have bf in USA, they would think there is suspicion to me. And they must have recorded what happened my first stay. (I was visiting my bf and unemployed)Then,  I've faced my problem.

1: Is it possible my bf sponsor my student fee?
Your BF can sponsor your student fee. However, it will difficult for you to get the visa.

2: I have BA. But  I want to go to  the university extension or a school for studying technical IT skills, not my BA field.

But I have worked in IT field for 5 months after graduate. Will this be suspicious or a problem?
Yes, it will be suspicious for them since it is different with your BA field

3: I have been unemployed so I am looking for short-term or internship job in IT field and will do it until I go to the school. 

Will this be a good point?
You can do that. It will a good point in terms of why you choose that course.

4: I actually wanna stay with him while my study, but I think this is not good to get visa... Should I borrow or stay in school  accommodation?

Never lie to the consulate officer (don't borrow school accomodation just because you afraid of denial). If you will stay with your bf, you need to tell them that. However, even though you said you will stay at school accomodation. Get ready to be question about that. Because if your college is too near with your bf place, they will not believe you will stay at school accomodation

5: I want to visit him this April for 1-2 weeks.  Is this okay if I wanna F-1 Visa?

( I think I should not visit USA before I go to school?  I would honestly say to immigration officer " I am visiting my bf " again because I did)
To be honest, even by having a bf there will be difficult for you to apply for F-1 Visa. But, visiting your bf so frequent even right before F-1 Visa application will make it worst.

I think No.1 should be a problem , it might need to be my parents or relatives I guess. If it is not possible or not cool, I will get school loans.

Could you give me any help or advice? I am really excited but now I am more confused and getting upset now.

Thank you for reading.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

On 1/7/2018 at 12:42 AM, CEE53147 said:

You are unlikely to get an IT internship in the US before taking a course qualifying for OPT.

Thank you for your response. I would like to get in my country, want to get experience and brush up skills!

Just wanted to know that is it good advantage or not to study in different field...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why do you want to take this course in the US?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.