hannahr

Any Norwegians or Scandinavians on this forum?:)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hei! :D

I was wondering if there are any Norwegians or Scandinavians  on this forum that is currently going through the K1 visa process? If so I would love to connect!

If there's anybody from Norway who's gone through the process or currently are, do you know if you can or should take any of the recommended vaccines at your family doctor (Fastlege) or should you wait until your Medical appointment at the panel physician? Also, when it comes to the X-ray and serological test, can you email the panel physician and ask him where to get that done? I still haven't gotten my NOA2 yet but I figured I would do some research so that I'm prepared once I receive it.. whenever that will be :huh::huh:

The vaccines are pretty pricey and I don't want to take any vaccines unless I Really have to. Haha. 

Thanks!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

There's a bunch of us, at various stages of the immigration timeline: 

Unless it has changed (it's been nearly two years since I went through the K1 process), you need to have completed the necessary vaccines and boosters before your appointment with the immigration physician. The X-ray needs to be completed at Unilabs Majorstua. The blood work can be done at fastlegen, but must be analysed at Ulleval sykehus. You'll need a requisition from the panel physician to complete both of those. 

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

Hey! I'm a Norwegian going through the K1 visa process :D

We filed late September and haven't had our NOA2 yet either, so unfortunately can't help you with the medical stuff. I'm with you on the vaccines though, I figured I would just wait for them to tell me what to do so I get it right the first time tbh instead of trying to get ahead and possibly get it wrong.

Have you applied for your police report yet? I'm wondering if I should get it Norwegian or English (I think you have to pay to have it translated?)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ML915 said:

Have you applied for your police report yet? I'm wondering if I should get it Norwegian or English (I think you have to pay to have it translated?)

There's a specific police report tailored for US immigration. You can order it online, arrives in a few weeks and doesn't cost a krone. Remember that it needs to be "fresh" at the time of interview.

If it isn't difficult, it isn't worth it.

K1 process

9/24/15: I129f sent

9/30/15: NOA1

11/2/15: NOA2

Delayed processing due to work

3/15/16: Medical

4/28/16: Interview (approved)

Delayed entry due to work

8/12/16: POE Detroit

9/4/16: Wedding!

AOS process:

9/9/16: I485/I131/I765 sent

9/14/16: Received 3xNOAs by text/e-mail (day 2)

9/14-18/16: Received 3xpaper NOAs 

9/23/16: Received biometrics appointment letter (day 11)

10/3/16: Biometrics appointment (day 19)

11/4/16: EAD+AP approved (day 53)

11/16/16: EAD status changed to card shipped (day 65)

11/17/16: EAD/AP combo card received (day 66)

12/30/16: Notice of interview scheduled (day 109)

2/1/17: AOS interview (day 142) - APPROVED

2/8/17: GC received (day 150)

ROC process:

11/3/2018: ROC window opens

Timeline
9 minutes ago, ML915 said:

Hey! I'm a Norwegian going through the K1 visa process :D

We filed late September and haven't had our NOA2 yet either, so unfortunately can't help you with the medical stuff. I'm with you on the vaccines though, I figured I would just wait for them to tell me what to do so I get it right the first time tbh instead of trying to get ahead and possibly get it wrong.

Hey!! Flott å se en som er i samme båt! :D

Yeah we filed mid-November so i'm not exactly waiting to hear from them anytime soon. I hope they speed up the process though after Christmas, I'm guessing theres not a ton of Norwegians applying for the K1-Visa but theres a decent amount of scandinavians in general. But yeah I contacted Smittevernkontoret in my Kommune and they told me the ones I needed. I had the majority of the ones listed but there were 4 I needed. I just dont want to go ahead and take all of them before i know its absolutely necessary. But I think once you take it they don't expire. I haven't applied for the police report yet. It's only valid for 3 months at a time I think. You  can get it in english and I think that's the smartest. Perhaps we can ask for one in each language hah. 

Edited by hannahr

Timeline
5 minutes ago, A'n'L said:

There's a specific police report tailored for US immigration. You can order it online, arrives in a few weeks and doesn't cost a krone. Remember that it needs to be "fresh" at the time of interview.

Oh yeaaaah, I did know that! Thanks for reminding me. I haven't looked at anything visa related for a good month so it's like starting all over again..

4 minutes ago, hannahr said:

But yeah I contacted Smittevernkontoret in my Kommune and they told me the ones I needed. I had the majority of the ones listed but there were 4 I needed. I just dont want to go ahead and take all of them before i know its absolutely necessary. 

That was v clever calling Smittevernkontoret! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I'm the USC, but my fiancé is from Sweden. :)

The thread @A'n'L shared up there is the current thread for Scandinavians, that I'm aware of. I just found out about it today, myself. :D

We are currently in the process - received NOA2 on December 1st and still awaiting notice from NVC. I'm currently collecting last bit of evidence to ship over to my fiancé so he'll have it on his end and he's starting to look into his vaccinations and whatnot.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Hej! Swedish beneficiary here. I saw you found your way to the Scandinavian forum, but just wanted to let you know that my fiancé and I in the early stages as well (filed mid-September). We should keep in touch, don't hesitate if you should have any questions regarding the embassy interview in Stockholm (or the city in general) later on :)  best of luck!

h

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
On 5.1.2018 at 2:42 PM, hannahr said:

Hey!! Flott å se en som er i samme båt! :D

Yeah we filed mid-November so i'm not exactly waiting to hear from them anytime soon. I hope they speed up the process though after Christmas, I'm guessing theres not a ton of Norwegians applying for the K1-Visa but theres a decent amount of scandinavians in general. But yeah I contacted Smittevernkontoret in my Kommune and they told me the ones I needed. I had the majority of the ones listed but there were 4 I needed. I just dont want to go ahead and take all of them before i know its absolutely necessary. But I think once you take it they don't expire. I haven't applied for the police report yet. It's only valid for 3 months at a time I think. You  can get it in english and I think that's the smartest. Perhaps we can ask for one in each language hah. 

Another thing you can do is to contact the approved physician in Oslo, tell them your vaccination history, and ask which ones they want you to have completed before your appointment.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
23 hours ago, NadiaK said:

Hei folkens :) 

Norwegian beneficiary here. We just got our NOA2, so I am now trying to figure out the rest, haha! @hannahr I have some information from the doctor people in Oslo, do you still need answers? :) 

Ja takk! All informasjon taes i mot med åpne armer 😁 

Perhaps inbox me? I’m worrying that I’ll get my NOA2 in the summer and then they’ll go on summer vacation and I have to wait until they’re back 🙄haha 

Timeline
On 04/03/2018 at 10:27 AM, NadiaK said:

Hei folkens :) 

Norwegian beneficiary here. We just got our NOA2, so I am now trying to figure out the rest, haha! @hannahr I have some information from the doctor people in Oslo, do you still need answers? :) 

Me too, me too! 😊 Sometimes there's too much info and it's just overwhelming. I'd love some specifics! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.