peruviangirl

How many Forms for K-1 if there is children

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi, my name is Carmen and I am from Peru. George is from TX, USA. I have a son from a previous marriage, he is 8 years old, do we need to send two I-129 or just one? Thanks.

Also , here in Peru we use 2 last names , should we write the complete name in the forms (me and my child) or just first and last name? Than you very much,

Carmen and George

Timeline

Thanks, you are right. I am new here and we didn´t know which visa to go through so we were asking on the K1 and K3 to make a better decision, the K1 sounds faster though, specially after chatting with a peruvian woman this morning.

Thank you so much for answering all my questions, I really appreciate it.

Carmen

I could've have sworn I answered this.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64789

It goes the same if you pursue a K-1.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi, my name is Carmen and I am from Peru. George is from TX, USA. I have a son from a previous marriage, he is 8 years old, do we need to send two I-129 or just one? Thanks.

Also , here in Peru we use 2 last names , should we write the complete name in the forms (me and my child) or just first and last name? Than you very much,

Carmen and George

For a K-1 petition you file ONE I-129F and your child is simply listed on the form.

YMMV

Timeline
what happens if the child is listed on the I 129 but on the 156k the ' will follow '

is marked as no ? We want the child to follow but not within 6 month so we marked no.

Follow to join benefits are available for one year after issuance of the K-1. Will the child follow within 1 year? If not then you have a very long wait before the child will be able to come.

YMMV

Filed: Timeline

Carmen,

Are you and George married?

Yodrak

Carmen and George

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
what happens if the child is listed on the I 129 but on the 156k the ' will follow '

is marked as no ? We want the child to follow but not within 6 month so we marked no.

Follow to join benefits are available for one year after issuance of the K-1. Will the child follow within 1 year? If not then you have a very long wait before the child will be able to come.

Thanks.

So if the box 'following' is marked NO then it doesn't matter ? Yes, we want her to follow

in a year, but thought it was only a 6 month window and therefore marked NO on the 156K.

What other forms have to be filled out for her ? She is 16, will she need an interview ?

Timeline

Thanks.

So if the box 'following' is marked NO then it doesn't matter ? Yes, we want her to follow

in a year, but thought it was only a 6 month window and therefore marked NO on the 156K.

What other forms have to be filled out for her ? She is 16, will she need an interview ?

You marked No but you do want her to join within the FTJ period.... I would get this error corrected.... Typically children over the age of 14 will be interviewed, but each consulate establishes there procedure....

YMMV

Timeline

Yodrak: No, we are not married yet. And we don´t know if we should go thorugh the K1 or the K3 yet.

But people are advising us to go through the K1.

Thanks,

Carmen

Carmen,

Yodrak

Carmen and George

Timeline

I have gotten this answer from another group and I am very confused now. Can somebody help please? This is what I got:

"

As far as I can determine, the K1 and K3 visas would only require the

filing of one I-129F, for both you and your son, if they are issued as

K1/K2 or K3/K4 nonimmigrant visas, in order for your son to accompany

you to the U.S.

However, if you marry in Peru and apply for a K3 visa, your husband

would then need to complete two I-130s, one for yourself and one for

your son. In the event that your I-129F (for a nonimmigrant visa) is

not approved first, then you and your son would be issued an immigrant

visa, based upon the first-approved I-130 petitions for each of you.

I believe a separate I-130 would have to be filed for your son, even

if he came to the U.S. on a K2 (nonimmigrant) visa, based on your K1,

because the I-485, to adjust status to Permanent Resident, could not

be filed until both the I-130s had been approved. You should call the

USCIS to make sure about that. If the USCIS tells you differently,

let us know."

I don´t understand why they are telling me "a separate I 130 would have to be filed for my son even if he came to the US on a K2 visa based on my K1, because the I485 could not be filed until both I 130 had been aproved."

Do you need I 130 to be able to file for an I 485 ifyou entered the US with a K1 and your son with a K2?

Thank you,

Carmen

Yodrak: No, we are not married yet. And we don´t know if we should go thorugh the K1 or the K3 yet.

But people are advising us to go through the K1.

Thanks,

Carmen

Carmen,

Yodrak

Carmen and George

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.