HannaL

NVC Investigation - 6 weeks and no case number

11 posts in this topic

Today marks the day is has been 6 weeks since our NOA2 and still the NVC have no knowledge of our case (I have been calling the past two weeks every 3 days more or less)

Today I called and explained its been 6 weeks, the operator said I have to email them with a copy of the NOA2 and they will look into it

My question is, how long can this process take?

Has anybody had to do this? How did it go?

Any advice or insight would be muchly appreciate I feel so deflated with all this :( 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Today is the end of my 7th week of waiting - still no NVC case number.

Unfortunately people who got approved late October and later all struggle with the same thing.

Saw few people from October 31st getting NVC case numbers yesterday. Thumbs up!

38 minutes ago, HannaL said:

Today marks the day is has been 6 weeks since our NOA2 and still the NVC have no knowledge of our case (I have been calling the past two weeks every 3 days more or less)

Today I called and explained its been 6 weeks, the operator said I have to email them with a copy of the NOA2 and they will look into it

Any advice or insight would be muchly appreciate I feel so deflated with all this :( 

Have you called USCIS to check if they have send the case to NVC? Lately , it is taking bit longer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Unfortunately you are not out of normal processing, since it’s been taking longer and longer now. You can send out various inquiries, but I don’t think they’ll do anything until they’re ready to. You’re not the only one. 

2 hours ago, HannaL said:

Join us here.

Please add your name in this excel sheet so we can be updated on the NVC waiting time. You are not alone in this journey. Thanks.:)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=2061710905

57 minutes ago, Josiah angela said:

got approved november 30,2017still waiting for nvc number we wait almost 6 months for NOA2 then now again have to wait

Not easy at all is it, I have a friend who got her NVC number in 10 days, that's why I have been getting more and more worried!
Have you submitted this email investigation to the NVC that they asked me to do today?

11 hours ago, Josiah angela said:

got approved november 30,2017still waiting for nvc number we wait almost 6 months for NOA2 then now again have to wait

Date of Ur case is same as us :). got approval after 6 months on Nov 29th. I was told wait for 6 weeks if nothing happen I need to send NVC email with the copy of my NOA1 and NOA2 .

since our case is same time now we can update each other about our case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
17 hours ago, HannaL said:

Not easy at all is it, I have a friend who got her NVC number in 10 days, that's why I have been getting more and more worried!
Have you submitted this email investigation to the NVC that they asked me to do today?

were getting worried too, no we didnt do that yet,how about you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.