itsdonealready

Minneapolis-St. Paul MN Office AOS Filers

863 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

How did your interview go?

I think the interview went okay. We were told we will receive a decision in 2 to 3 weeks. Fingers crossed... 

Our appointment was at 8am. We got there around 7:40. Our number was called shortly after 8 and the interview lasted about 30 min. We were out of the building by 8:40. 

The interviewer was very nice and professional. After we sworn the oath, she checked our passports then asked whether we brought new evidence to show we are still together. We brought joint tax return, lease, health insurance card with both our names, holiday cards from family, letter of support from my mother-in-law, photos, etc. She took the copies and didn't look at the originals. She also took the new medical form, form I-864 and supporting documents. She then asked my husband (the petitioner) basic questions like date of birth, address, current job, my name, date of birth, country of birth, etc. She also asked him what our home is like, a house or apartment, how many bedrooms, how many bathrooms. She asked me the same sort of questions and maybe about 2/3 of the Yes/No questions on the I-485 form. She also asked about my current visa status. I was a little confused as I don't have a visa currently and am working using the EAD. Then she asked us relationship questions, like how did we meet, dates, when did we meet each other's parents, who proposed, wedding, etc. In the end, she said that's all the questions she had for us and that she will make a decision after looking at the documents and we'll receive a notice in the mail in 2 to 3 weeks. We were handed a notice that had 4 check boxes. The second box "A decision cannot yet be made about your application/petition" was checked. The first box is "Your application/petition has been recommended for approval", the third is "A request for evidence has been issued," and the forth is "You must return to the field office to conduct your identity verification."  

21 minutes ago, mangorange said:

I think the interview went okay. We were told we will receive a decision in 2 to 3 weeks. Fingers crossed... 

Congrats! And Than you for the detailed account of your experience. To me, after being grilled once already 22 years ago, I think that your interview went well. The officer did not raise any concerns. 

You're probably also going for the 10 year green card, so they're just covering their bases. I wouldn't be worried. 

Did it seem like a busy place? It's just interesting to me that they just interviewed you with a PD of 05-2017 and they interviewed last month a k-1 aos applicant with a PD of 9-2017. Im trying to figure the pattern - if there is one. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Timeline
2 hours ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

Congrats! And Than you for the detailed account of your experience. To me, after being grilled once already 22 years ago, I think that your interview went well. The officer did not raise any concerns. 

You're probably also going for the 10 year green card, so they're just covering their bases. I wouldn't be worried. 

Did it seem like a busy place? It's just interesting to me that they just interviewed you with a PD of 05-2017 and they interviewed last month a k-1 aos applicant with a PD of 9-2017. Im trying to figure the pattern - if there is one. 

Thank you and I wish you best of luck with your application!

It was kind of busy. We were among the earliest to get interviewed that day as they starts at 8. There were 3 or 4 families got called slightly earlier than us by different officers. I think the place got busier after we came out of the interview.

Our marriage is not 2 years old yet (Will be in Feb 2019), so I think it will be the 2 year conditional card if we get approved.  

Filed: Timeline
6 hours ago, mangorange said:

Our appointment was at 8am. We got there around 7:40. Our number was called shortly after 8 and the interview lasted about 30 min. We were out of the building by 8:40. 

The interviewer was very nice and professional. After we sworn the oath, she checked our passports then asked whether we brought new evidence to show we are still together. We brought joint tax return, lease, health insurance card with both our names, holiday cards from family, letter of support from my mother-in-law, photos, etc. She took the copies and didn't look at the originals. She also took the new medical form, form I-864 and supporting documents. She then asked my husband (the petitioner) basic questions like date of birth, address, current job, my name, date of birth, country of birth, etc. She also asked him what our home is like, a house or apartment, how many bedrooms, how many bathrooms. She asked me the same sort of questions and maybe about 2/3 of the Yes/No questions on the I-485 form. She also asked about my current visa status. I was a little confused as I don't have a visa currently and am working using the EAD. Then she asked us relationship questions, like how did we meet, dates, when did we meet each other's parents, who proposed, wedding, etc. In the end, she said that's all the questions she had for us and that she will make a decision after looking at the documents and we'll receive a notice in the mail in 2 to 3 weeks. We were handed a notice that had 4 check boxes. The second box "A decision cannot yet be made about your application/petition" was checked. The first box is "Your application/petition has been recommended for approval", the third is "A request for evidence has been issued," and the forth is "You must return to the field office to conduct your identity verification."  

Congrats and thank you for sharing your  experience!

N-400

04-13-2022: Applied online; case received

04-15-2022: Biometric reused; case being actively reviewed

12-09-2022: Interview scheduled for 01-20-2023

01-20-2023: Recommended for approval, Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

01-23-2023: Oath ceremony scheduled for 02-16-2023

02-16-2023: Oath taken, naturalized, journey OVER!!

RoC

04-14-2021: Package mailed

04-16-2021: Package delivered

05-04-2021: Text received (LIN)

05-05-2021: Check cashed

05-07-2021: I-797 received , GC extended by 18 months

05-28-2021: Biometrics waived -|- Case updated to Fingerprints taken
06-04-2021: Biometrics letter received (dated 05-28-2021)

05-10-2022: New card being produced

05-11-2022: Case approved

05-12-2022: Card mailed

05-16-2022: Card received; also received approval notice letter

Marriage based AoS
07-14-2018: Priority date
07-31-2018: Biometric review complete
07-31-2018: RFIE (I-864 related)
11-29-2018: Case ready for interview; EAD card being produced
06-04-2019: Interview scheduled
07-11-2019: Interview; new card being produced

07-18-2019: Card delivered

Timeline
On 8/18/2018 at 8:12 AM, mangorange said:

Did you get another vaccine before interview since your health check over one year? 

Is there anyone else waiting for an interview? I really hoped that the list of PDs and Interviews I posted, would prompt people to want to share their experience. Oh well...

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
26 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

Is there anyone else waiting for an interview? I really hoped that the list of PDs and Interviews I posted, would prompt people to want to share their experience. Oh well...

We had our interview in Minneapolis last week. No decision was made on the spot and we had a similar experience as 'mangorange'. So...still waiting...

Timeline
10 hours ago, natsusnowy1204 said:

Did you get another vaccine before interview since your health check over one year? 

No I didn't. My vaccinations were up to date. Only had to redo the lab tests.

Timeline
1 hour ago, mangorange said:

No I didn't. My vaccinations were up to date. Only had to redo the lab tests.

Is the vaccine only last for one year?

11 hours ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

Im still waiting for interview notice 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone

This morning I got an  notification on my phone saying that my interview has been scheduled and they will be sending a letter providing the date and more details about the interview.

So my question is how long does it usually take* to get the letter In the mailbox?  

Do you have a check-list of the stuff we should bring to the interview? 

I am a hotmess now lol. 

We filed on June 7, 2017 , AOS married based from a Tourist visa.

TIA.

Edited by Mar_31

On 8/23/2018 at 8:27 PM, Mar_31 said:

Hello everyone

This morning I got an  notification on my phone saying that my interview has been scheduled and they will be sending a letter providing the date and more details about the interview.

So my question is how long does it usually take* to get the letter In the mailbox?   

I am a hotmess now lol. 

TIA.

Congrats! Usually about 1-2 weeks

09/28/2017: Package delivered to USCIS

10/04/2017: Priority Date

10/05/2017: SMS/Email Confirmation at 11:34pm CST

10/10/2017: 4 NOA's received in Mail

10/16/2017: Received biometrics appointment letter

?/?/2017: Received letter asking for I-693

10/26/2017: Biometrics appointment

11/01/2017: I-485 case status 'Ready to be scheduled for an interview'

12/28/2017: Inquiry for EAD (via attorney)

01/08/2018: EAD/AP status 'Case was approved' (102 Days)

01/12/2018: EAD/AP Card & approval notice received in mail

09/17/2018: Case status changed to 'Interview Scheduled' (354 days)

11/05/2018: Interview, not approved on-site

11/09/2018: I-485 case status 'New card is being produced' (407 days)

11/13/2018: both I-485 and I-130 case status showing 'Case was approved'

11/16/2018: I-485 case status 'Card was Mailed' with tracking number

11/17/2018: Green card delivered. I-485 case status 'Card was delivered' (415 days)

Timeline
On 8/25/2018 at 1:52 AM, itsdonealready said:

Congrats! Usually about 1-2 weeks

Wonderful! Waiting for your good news

Timeline
On 8/23/2018 at 8:27 PM, Mar_31 said:

Hello everyone

I am a hotmess now lol. 

TIA.

Congratulations! Waiting for your good news!

Timeline

Where can I find the official news about combo card is automatically extended for 6 months?

thanks a lot 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.