capavasi

Montreal medical & Consulate interview Reviews

494 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, canadavisa22 said:

Thanks.

And does the physician review your personal medical history from your family doctor at all? 

No, I don’t believe they go through your past medical records or anything, you just have two papers I believe with some questions to fill out, but the medical exam is mainly focused on present, not past. Only paperwork you have to bring is vaccination record and immigration related stuff.

3 minutes ago, Bladeness said:

No, I don’t believe they go through your past medical records or anything, you just have two papers I believe with some questions to fill out, but the medical exam is mainly focused on present, not past. Only paperwork you have to bring is vaccination record and immigration related stuff.

Who did you do your medical with?

Timeline
On 2/23/2019 at 10:41 AM, K1visaHopeful said:

Weird comment: I read your consulate review. I was interviewed in August and my CO was a little, slightly pregnant, Asian lady. She was so nice and I often wonder if she had her baby yet. Can you ask your F if he had her as a CO? Would just be nice to know if shes still there although shes probably on Maternity leave now. ❤

No, he didn’t have her, Sorry dear. 

7 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

Thanks.

And does the physician review your personal medical history from your family doctor at all? 

You should bring anything major health related or mental health related. Any proof of vaccines or immunity too.  

I only brought my titre test results.  Dr was interested in scabs and scars on my arms though, but they were from my job dealing with heavy boxes and stocking shelves.   So mental health is on their mind. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
5 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

Who did you do your medical with?

Medisys (New name is Horizon Occupational Health) in Montreal, a block or so from the consulate.

1 hour ago, NikLR said:

You should bring anything major health related or mental health related. Any proof of vaccines or immunity too.  

I only brought my titre test results.  Dr was interested in scabs and scars on my arms though, but they were from my job dealing with heavy boxes and stocking shelves.   So mental health is on their mind. 

Ok, so as long as you don't have any major health or mental health issues now or in your past, you can just show up with your vaccination records then. 

I've read there is both a urine and blood test. Does anyone know what they test for in both?

48 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

Ok, so as long as you don't have any major health or mental health issues now or in your past, you can just show up with your vaccination records then. 

I've read there is both a urine and blood test. Does anyone know what they test for in both?

Syphillis, other communicable diseases like gonorrhea. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nonmart said:

Is there anybody here from Winnipeg can tell me where to have my passport photo taken? I had it at Walmart but When I measured my face It seemed bigger than the allowed size. TIA

I'm from BC but I got mine done at London Drugs. They can email it to you too for easy upload to the DS160.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Nonmart said:

Is there anybody here from Winnipeg can tell me where to have my passport photo taken? I had it at Walmart but When I measured my face It seemed bigger than the allowed size. TIA

Not Winnipeg, but I had mine done at Staples.  They will do passport photos in any of the standard sizes for visas and passports.

Timeline
On 3/7/2019 at 6:46 PM, Nonmart said:

Winnipeg here 😀 i had my passport photos taken at Costco St. James for $6.99 i didn't find time to measure it but  when i apply for tourist visa last year and i also had my passport photos taken at Costco they accepted it, Walmart is quite pricey for passport photos. I read in some forums that there is a photo studio at/near the Consulate just in case the CO didn't  accept the photo

Edited by ErickandLeo

US Date of Entry:                                 05/11/2019

Date of Marriage:                                06/28/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Sent :                  07/31/2019

I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

2 hours ago, ErickandLeo said:

Winnipeg here 😀 i had my passport photos taken at Costco St. James for $6.99 i didn't find time to measure it but  when i apply for tourist visa last year and i also had my passport photos taken at Costco they accepted it, Walmart is quite pricey for passport photos. I read in some forums that there is a photo studio at/near the Consulate just in case the CO didn't  accept the photo

Thanks, already got it at Staples which I think it is the right size now. I’d check out the one by the embassy thou. Thanks for the info..

It's actually IN the consulate.  Lol

Edited by NikLR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.