capavasi

Montreal medical & Consulate interview Reviews

494 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Hbomb said:

I'm in the same boat... My case has been 'ready' since March 20th as well and have heard nothing from the Consulate. I have been going against every polite Canadian bone in my body by sending them my packet 3 via email several times: the third time was today. I hope to hear back soon. GUHH!! 

I know right! I feel like such a ####### sending it once a week but its frustrating seeing other cases that arrived after ours booking interviews so quickly :( 

Timeline
2 hours ago, sprinklegirl27 said:

I know right! I feel like such a ####### sending it once a week but its frustrating seeing other cases that arrived after ours booking interviews so quickly :( 

Like @NikLR said, Montreal is notorious for being slow.. I felt a bit of a jerk too, but ultimately it was worth it in our case and only three emails in total were sent by us.. so really not that bad :)

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Timeline

Wohhooo my fiance got an email from montreal to send packet 3 info today😜😜

🤪🤪what we already have sent on Monday and got an automated response.

still feeling positive that our case is moving somehow lol 😂 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/9/2018 at 4:55 PM, KAF said:

For the packet 3, did you guys composed an email like on a letter style? 

I mean like did you guys make a cover letter then the attachments of the requirements?

My fiance just wrote "This is my packet 3 documentation as per the instructions above the checklist" and sent his passport scan, ds-160 confirmation page, and his signed checklist from here: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

On 4/9/2018 at 3:23 PM, KAF said:

Wow that’s today?? Haha im gonna tell my fiance to send her p3 tonight too 😂 

congratulations! Hopefully you get the p4 tomorrow 

I would say to anyone waiting, go ahead and e-mail them with your p3, even do it multiple times if you want to. We repeatedly e-mailed them and checked, nothing happened. Then I got the suggestion to go ahead and send it and got p4 information two days later. We did get something in the mail, but not for weeks. From everyone I have heard from, going ahead and sending it when it says 'ready' speeds their butts up. XD At the very least it can't hurt.

K1 Application Timeline - 326 days from NOA1 to visa in hand

Spoiler

May 9   - K1 Visa Application mailed in
May 11 - Application received at lock box
May 15 - NOA1 received - Text/E-mail
May 16 - Check cashed
May 19 - Paper copy of NOA1 received
Oct 31 - NOA2 received - Text/E-mail {169 days from NOA1}
Nov 3 - Paper copy of NOA2 received
Nov 29 & Dec 11 - Contacted NVC, they said they had not received our case
Dec 28 - NVC e-mailed, they said they received and mailed our case to the Embassy

Jan 25 - Contacted Embassy, they said the case was processing
Feb 19 - Sent Packet 3 (hoping to hurry the process along)
Feb 22 - Embassy e-mailed us and told us to schedule our interview (interview scheduled!)

Mar 6 - Actually received Packet 3 information in the mail (glad a friend told us to just go ahead and send it, that took so long)
April 4 - Interview (we were accepted!) {155 days from NOA2}
April 6 - Im
migration packet for border patrol and Passport arrived at his house (we paid for premium shipping)
April 26 - He entered the US on his K1 Visa

April 27 - We got married!! <3 <3 <3

AOS Timeline

Spoiler

July 5 - AOS Application mailed in

July 7 - Application received at lock box

July 11 - Debit account we are paying with was charged

July 12 - NOA1 received - Text/E-mail

3 hours ago, Nikki14 said:

My fiance just wrote "This is my packet 3 documentation as per the instructions above the checklist" and sent his passport scan, ds-160 confirmation page, and his signed checklist from here: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf

I would say to anyone waiting, go ahead and e-mail them with your p3, even do it multiple times if you want to. We repeatedly e-mailed them and checked, nothing happened. Then I got the suggestion to go ahead and send it and got p4 information two days later. We did get something in the mail, but not for weeks. From everyone I have heard from, going ahead and sending it when it says 'ready' speeds their butts up. XD At the very least it can't hurt.

The hard part is, it can hurt.  They can purposely ignore you because you've annoyed them.  You take that risk whenever you do things before you're told.  Generally speaking, it doesn't affect anything, but if you send it every day for 8 weeks, there's a reason after 8 weeks they're not accepting it.  LOL  So be a little patient as well. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NikLR said:

The hard part is, it can hurt.  They can purposely ignore you because you've annoyed them.  You take that risk whenever you do things before you're told.  Generally speaking, it doesn't affect anything, but if you send it every day for 8 weeks, there's a reason after 8 weeks they're not accepting it.  LOL  So be a little patient as well. :)

Well we did only send it once. I have heard from a lot of people that they did send it early and it sped things along, but I suppose as with anything, take it with a grain of salt. I don't see why sending them the information they're going to ask for anyway would annoy anyone, but I suppose it could.

K1 Application Timeline - 326 days from NOA1 to visa in hand

Spoiler

May 9   - K1 Visa Application mailed in
May 11 - Application received at lock box
May 15 - NOA1 received - Text/E-mail
May 16 - Check cashed
May 19 - Paper copy of NOA1 received
Oct 31 - NOA2 received - Text/E-mail {169 days from NOA1}
Nov 3 - Paper copy of NOA2 received
Nov 29 & Dec 11 - Contacted NVC, they said they had not received our case
Dec 28 - NVC e-mailed, they said they received and mailed our case to the Embassy

Jan 25 - Contacted Embassy, they said the case was processing
Feb 19 - Sent Packet 3 (hoping to hurry the process along)
Feb 22 - Embassy e-mailed us and told us to schedule our interview (interview scheduled!)

Mar 6 - Actually received Packet 3 information in the mail (glad a friend told us to just go ahead and send it, that took so long)
April 4 - Interview (we were accepted!) {155 days from NOA2}
April 6 - Im
migration packet for border patrol and Passport arrived at his house (we paid for premium shipping)
April 26 - He entered the US on his K1 Visa

April 27 - We got married!! <3 <3 <3

AOS Timeline

Spoiler

July 5 - AOS Application mailed in

July 7 - Application received at lock box

July 11 - Debit account we are paying with was charged

July 12 - NOA1 received - Text/E-mail

I checked the CEAC webpage and it stated "READY".  I completed the packet 3 checklist (despite not actually getting it from the consulate, found it online and printed it).  I also completed the ds-160, but....I could not get the photo to be accepted and after hours of resizing and cropping I just continued on with the application and it just stated "you must bring a 5 cmx 5 cm passport-like photo to your interview"  my question(s) is;

Does that suffice (taking passport photo to interview) for not getting a photo to upload to the ds-160?

Do I now await the packet 4 to book my medical/interview in which I then pay the visa fee?

Also Im from the prairies and am planning on staying the whole duration from my medical to my interview...anyone else doing the same? If so how long are you booking in between your medical from your interview?

Thanks everyone!

Edited by TD1

2 hours ago, TD1 said:

I checked the CEAC webpage and it stated "READY".  I completed the packet 3 checklist (despite not actually getting it from the consulate, found it online and printed it).  I also completed the ds-160, but....I could not get the photo to be accepted and after hours of resizing and cropping I just continued on with the application and it just stated "you must bring a 5 cmx 5 cm passport-like photo to your interview"  my question(s) is;

Does that suffice (taking passport photo to interview) for not getting a photo to upload to the ds-160?

Do I now await the packet 4 to book my medical/interview in which I then pay the visa fee?

Also Im from the prairies and am planning on staying the whole duration from my medical to my interview...anyone else doing the same? If so how long are you booking in between your medical from your interview?

Thanks everyone!

Absolutely fine to take the photos to interview.

Book minimum 4 business days between medical and interview if staying in Montreal.

Option is to book overnight in Surrey and overnight in Montreal on two separate occasions (you could fly from Vancouver to Montreal if you choose too.)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Wohhoooo finally received packet 4 by email 😜😜 from montreal consulate. 

Excited 😆 

i will update if i got any interview date and medical appointment🙏🏻👍🏻 

Good luck everyone 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shav said:

Wohhoooo finally received packet 4 by email 😜😜 from montreal consulate. 

Excited 😆 

i will update if i got any interview date and medical appointment🙏🏻👍🏻 

Good luck everyone 

Did you wait to get packet 3? Or you just sent it and got packet 4 instead? How long? 

It seems like the process from NVC ready to Packet 3 is like 2 wks. Am i right? That’s what I noticed. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, KAF said:

Did you wait to get packet 3? Or you just sent it and got packet 4 instead? How long? 

It seems like the process from NVC ready to Packet 3 is like 2 wks. Am i right? That’s what I noticed. 

Hey 👋 @KAF 

1.first of all lots of forums and people told me to send packet 3 once it’s say READY. So I send it to consulate and then got an email back tht i have to wait for p3 info mail. 

2.Then i got an email from MONTREAL CONSULATE to send packet 3 info yesterday april 11,2018 and we sent everything.

3. Today april12,2018 we got packet 4 by email to book our interview medical (everything we need to do.....)

4.then we booked our interview for latest available date that is 18 MAY 2018 (that’s what available option visible to us and 22 may too)

5. The process for us from NVC TO READY

Is what you can check from our immigration file on vj🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 

Thanks i hope i have answered all the queries👍🏻 

14 minutes ago, Shav said:

Hey 👋 @KAF 

1.first of all lots of forums and people told me to send packet 3 once it’s say READY. So I send it to consulate and then got an email back tht i have to wait for p3 info mail. 

2.Then i got an email from MONTREAL CONSULATE to send packet 3 info yesterday april 11,2018 and we sent everything.

3. Today april12,2018 we got packet 4 by email to book our interview medical (everything we need to do.....)

4.then we booked our interview for latest available date that is 18 MAY 2018 (that’s what available option visible to us and 22 may too)

Did you register for your interview online?...If so after payment did other interview dates pop up to choose from other then May 18/18 and May 22/18?  It says the earliest date available is May 18/18 but I was hoping to choose a different date?

Thanks! and Congrats!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, TD1 said:

Did you register for your interview online?...If so after payment did other interview dates pop up to choose from other then May 18/18 and May 22/18?  It says the earliest date available is May 18/18 but I was hoping to choose a different date?

Thanks! and Congrats!

Yes of course we have to select our interview date ONLINE.

No only MAY 18 , 22 was green others are blue means booked or not opened for us 

the whole april month and may month was blue in colour ⬇️

I guess the consulate decides interview dates for you so they only give you some options to choose from because every individual sees different dates opened for MAY 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Shav said:

Hey 👋 @KAF 

It wasn’t that bad. Congratulations. But I thought the interview dates only happens on a Wednesday. We’re still waiting for the packet 3.

Timeline
7 hours ago, KAF said:

It wasn’t that bad. Congratulations. But I thought the interview dates only happens on a Wednesday. We’re still waiting for the packet 3.

Thanks 🙏🏻 

good luck 😉 it’s okay you will get p3 soon.

yeah i guess montreal is doing interviews every day unless we don’t know about that myth 🤪lol 

but yes ours is on MAY 18 FRIDAY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.