Najim Ahmed

After re-medical, case went to again Administrative Processing in Dhaka Embassy

6 posts in this topic

Hello, my wife applied for me who is an US citizen. I did my interview at US Embassy in Dhaka on April 2017. At the end, Consulate officer told me that my interview is approved and could collect my passport with visa within 10 to 15 days. But, unfortunately, my case went to administrative Processing which I realized by checking the ceac status. After six months, on November 2, 2017, Embassy emailed me for re-medical because previous one is expired. So, I done my new medical same day. Next week, I contacted with Embassy, then Embassy replied me: “We have received the new medical examination report of this case. Now, this case is under additional review. Once the review is complete our visa collection center will contact the applicant with updated instructions. This will take time.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter."

Here, I don’t understand after receiving my new medical how come it went to again additional review. I thought Embassy finished my AP then emailed me for new medical. I am really frustrated.

Edited by Najim Ahmed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Did you ever call the embassy to find out why it was taking so long to process? You said they approved your visa on spot so it shouldn’t have taken more than a week to process. It is my understanding that every case on ceac goes into ap status then ready. However you were in ap for 6 months. That’s so unusual. When there’s something wrong they don’t really approve visa on spot. And if it’s gonna be processing for that long it most likely would have been sent back to USCIS. I’d call the embassy and ask what’s up. 

4 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Did you ever call the embassy to find out why it was taking so long to process? You said they approved your visa on spot so it shouldn’t have taken more than a week to process. It is my understanding that every case on ceac goes into ap status then ready. However you were in ap for 6 months. That’s so unusual. When there’s something wrong they don’t really approve visa on spot. And if it’s gonna be processing for that long it most likely would have been sent back to USCIS. I’d call the embassy and ask what’s up. 

I contacted several times. They always replied same thing in different way that my case requires additional administrative processing.  But, never told the reason.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2017 at 1:18 PM, Najim Ahmed said:

Hello, my wife applied for me who is an US citizen. I did my interview at US Embassy in Dhaka on April 2017. At the end, Consulate officer told me that my interview is approved and could collect my passport with visa within 10 to 15 days. But, unfortunately, my case went to administrative Processing which I realized by checking the ceac status. After six months, on November 2, 2017, Embassy emailed me for re-medical because previous one is expired. So, I done my new medical same day. Next week, I contacted with Embassy, then Embassy replied me: “We have received the new medical examination report of this case. Now, this case is under additional review. Once the review is complete our visa collection center will contact the applicant with updated instructions. This will take time.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter."

Here, I don’t understand after receiving my new medical how come it went to again additional review. I thought Embassy finished my AP then emailed me for new medical. I am really frustrated.

Dear Najim Ahmed,

frustration at this point will not help you in any shape or form.

I am not sure if you are aware but a certain number of countries are considered as high-risk and all mail applicants of those countries goes through extra background check .  Unfortunately Bangladesh made it to that list.   What I have seen in the past is fully apple of applicants go through the AP process and this candle last somewhere between two months to years.   No one including the agency can give you an exact timing because they don’t know what kind of additional screening or background check you are going through based on your background.    You may not have any checkered past but there could be a matching of names, there could association with somebody,  or any kind of doubt that may raise additional checks.   Best part is eventually you will be cleared if you don’t have any shady past.   And sadly that is a standard process. 

What you can request your wife to reach the local congressman or senator and see if they can make an equally to the agency. Usually the senator or congressman do this kind of things as part of their job for their constituents.  But I can guarantee based on my personal experience even they cannot give you any exact answer rather will make a query which might help expedite this overall process.  

So the only thing you can expect at this point is just wait without giving up on your patience .   While you are waiting my recommendation do everything that your heart once, do things that you won’t be able to do meet your friends because if your relatives spend good time back home.    Once you get the approval, you will be in a rush for the next step which is migration 

best of luck.

• 2 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.