Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Unchained said:

Guys, today sept 27,  is indeed a day that the lord has made. I got notification some hrs ago that my card is being produced. Guys, this is the 21st month from filing.

Thank you all for the help and for those with similar timeline, hang in there, i believe in the next week or 2, you’ll hear something positive.

#WAC1808700

unchained.!

Thank you so much for your update @Unchained &congrats! My wife is now on 21st month too... Did your 18th mo extensin expire or did you get this approval befoer expiration of 18th mo>?

2 hours ago, dwg866899 said:

Thank you so much for your update @Unchained &congrats! My wife is now on 21st month too... Did your 18th mo extensin expire or did you get this approval befoer expiration of 18th mo>?

Yes. 18months expired and I got a stamp in my passport

2 hours ago, memoday said:

Congratulations!!! Did you get RFE? Or nothing since filed?

No RFE, no communication after May "Transfer to another office" and then biometrics in June.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Just an update: will make appointment for infopass stamp this week, then we will book our travel( I will go with my wife for first 2 weeks and return ...for work, &she will staty with her family for 3 more weeks if her vacation request gets approved for 5 weeks). THanks to all the helpful &kind people in this thread @Linxx @Nayda @memoday @Unchained

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 8/31/2019 at 12:03 PM, addy&julie said:

Exactly same as me did biometrics after I was told I didn't need one. Also between june 2018 and now I had no update until this new update August 23 DOB update. Also didn't file for N400... Hopefully approval is just around the corner. Am excited. Congratulations once again 

Just saw your update. I think we are on the same path :) DOB just got updated. Not sure what to expect. 

On 9/30/2019 at 12:55 PM, dwg866899 said:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Just an update: will make appointment for infopass stamp this week, then we will book our travel( I will go with my wife for first 2 weeks and return ...for work, &she will staty with her family for 3 more weeks if her vacation request gets approved for 5 weeks). THanks to all the helpful &kind people in this thread @Linxx @Nayda @memoday @Unchained

Good luck! I just got my passport stamp today as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I did get a I 551 stamp on Aug 16 2019. I see CSC is now processing Feb 2018 applications so I submitted a case outside normal processing time request to see what USCIS would say. This is how they responded...

The status of this service request is:

On 10/10/2019, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-751 to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Thank you for your inquiry.  We recognize your interest in the final adjudication of your pending application or petition and are aware of the difficulties caused by any delay in processing. We regret that we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will review your case but the California Service Center is committed to processing this workload.  We will be making every effort to adjudicate your case in the most efficient manner based on our available resources.   

In the interim, if your I-551 has expired and your I-797, Notice of Action, extending your conditional status for a 18-month period has expired, you may elect to create an appointment to attend a local USCIS Field Office to obtain a stamp extending your status while your case remains pending.

To create an appointment please contact USCIS Contact Center by calling 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired). A Contact Center agent will be able to assist you by creating an appointment on your behalf.

We apologize for the delay.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
58 minutes ago, samoak78 said:

I did get a I 551 stamp on Aug 16 2019. I see CSC is now processing Feb 2018 applications so I submitted a case outside normal processing time request to see what USCIS would say. This is how they responded...

The status of this service request is:

On 10/10/2019, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-751 to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Thank you for your inquiry.  We recognize your interest in the final adjudication of your pending application or petition and are aware of the difficulties caused by any delay in processing. We regret that we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will review your case but the California Service Center is committed to processing this workload.  We will be making every effort to adjudicate your case in the most efficient manner based on our available resources.   

In the interim, if your I-551 has expired and your I-797, Notice of Action, extending your conditional status for a 18-month period has expired, you may elect to create an appointment to attend a local USCIS Field Office to obtain a stamp extending your status while your case remains pending.

To create an appointment please contact USCIS Contact Center by calling 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired). A Contact Center agent will be able to assist you by creating an appointment on your behalf.

We apologize for the delay.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Same thing with me they just sent the generic response to everyone that submits a case inquiry. 

I know of 2 people (same California service center)that I filed way before them that have gotten approvals and our case is almost getting to the 2year mark and still no adjudicated. This is really really frustrating. Even though I have got the i551 stamp I just want this to come to an end so one can just stop worrying about it.

This wait is painful.. my last update was since on August 23 and that was something say date of birth was updated and since then nothing..

2 hours ago, addy&julie said:

Same thing with me they just sent the generic response to everyone that submits a case inquiry. 

I know of 2 people (same California service center)that I filed way before them that have gotten approvals and our case is almost getting to the 2year mark and still no adjudicated. This is really really frustrating. Even though I have got the i551 stamp I just want this to come to an end so one can just stop worrying about it.

This wait is painful.. my last update was since on August 23 and that was something say date of birth was updated and since then nothing..

What is your Filing Date? I did write a letter to my Senator this week. I'm not sure if they can get me an answer. Did you file your N400? I did it earlier this year in February and when I login and check the status it says 4 more months wait time with the N400. But there's no information other that my I-751 is in CSC. Hopefully I can get more information in 4 months at that point my I-751 will be delayed by 6 months compared to other applicants. I see people from Feb 2018 are getting their I-751 approved. I am anticipating a combo interview. But I might be wrong my case might just have been forgotten! It has happened before when I initially filed for my Green Card I never got the RFE letter and I had to schedule a Infopass to get that information. So I think Its just Negligence at this point and nothing else. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Fellow Dec 2017 Filers,

For us who are yet to get approval or any response yet. Its been 23 months (current processing time on uscis website is 16 - 21.5months) since we filed and next month will be 24 months (2years). I cant seem to find enough words to describe how frustrating this whole process & wait has been. I have seen 2 people i know personally who filed in the same california service center in june 2018 get approvals. Someone suggested to contact my representative or senator to check on my case but i just read that does not seem to move the needle. Has anyone here who is in the same boat as me tried contacting their us reps/senators? If so what was the outcome? I learned that the reps/senators office just get a generic response from USCIS stating they are doing all they can to process cases. Also did some digging and found the USCIS ombudsman tool that they have to check on cases still pending after processing times have passed. I did biometrics in July 19 and the last update i have when i check my case is that on August 23, 2019 they updated my date of birth. Since then nothing....

2 hours ago, addy&julie said:

Its been 23 months (current processing time on uscis website is 16 - 21.5months) since we filed...Someone suggested to contact my representative or senator to check on my case but i just read that does not seem to move the needle...Also did some digging and found the USCIS ombudsman tool that they have to check on cases still pending after processing times have passed. I did biometrics in July 19 and the last update i have when i check my case is that on August 23, 2019 they updated my date of birth. Since then nothing....

Wow. Sorry for your pain. You really need to get more aggressive. Contact your Congressional reps immediately and ask for case assistance. It's not true that they just get a standard response. Mine shared the emails USCIS sent to them, and they were very helpful in getting a decision. Also initiate a complaint with the CIS Ombudsman at the same time. If citizenship is your goal and you qualify, apply for that as well. The fees are going up sharply next year anyways, and it forces USCIS to decide your I-751.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.