Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Roy&Chanel said:

If it weren't for bank statements, my stack will probably be thin too. Look at that big fat stack of binder clips :(

I guess this is because my husband and I don't have the habit of bringing cash since there's alot of random people asking us for cash on streets and outside supermarkets in Atlanta.

All our purchases are used with cards, so our statements are around 7 pages each month per bank without ads!

Definitely put the check in front this time!

Take your time to fill up the new version PDF.

I actually didn't include every single month of our bank statement..I did like January, April, June, August...etc thinking they just need to see it's ongoing. Hmm. Also include our saving account statement and those are short anyway.

we actually filled up the new form last night and it's EXACTLY the same form only the expiry date is different.

we both took today off so it works out well that we can put the packet together and make a call to USCIS just to confirm that's what they want regarding our case. Unrelated to this forum but we both took today off for my HSG procedure, the one they check uterus and tubes, we've been trying for a baby but no luck so getting some testing done...I'm actually nervous cause people said the procedure is painful...good luck to me! Haha! 

23 minutes ago, JDBLB said:

I actually didn't include every single month of our bank statement..I did like January, April, June, August...etc thinking they just need to see it's ongoing. Hmm. Also include our saving account statement and those are short anyway.

we actually filled up the new form last night and it's EXACTLY the same form only the expiry date is different.

we both took today off so it works out well that we can put the packet together and make a call to USCIS just to confirm that's what they want regarding our case. Unrelated to this forum but we both took today off for my HSG procedure, the one they check uterus and tubes, we've been trying for a baby but no luck so getting some testing done...I'm actually nervous cause people said the procedure is painful...good luck to me! Haha! 

Off topic but OMG I am in the same situation as you. We don't have gynae health insurance coverage, its going to cost alot here. Before coming to US I visited my gynae back home, it appears that I have polycystic ovaries, thank God my egg counts are fine. We been trying to get  a baby too but no luck. If the mail comes in today and is biometrics, I'll schedule to head home and visit gynae for pap smear and stuffs.

I wasn't aware of the form details comparison lol. But I remembered I had issues with saving the PDF.

I sent in monthly for all statements and bills, just to feel safe lol

Edited by Roy&Chanel

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

8 minutes ago, Roy&Chanel said:

Off topic but OMG I am in the same situation as you. We don't have gynae health insurance coverage, its going to cost alot here. Before coming to US I visited my gynae back home, it appears that I have polycystic ovaries, thank God my egg counts are fine. We been trying to get  a baby too but no luck. If the mail comes in today and is biometrics, I'll schedule to head home and visit gynae for pap smear and stuffs.

I wasn't aware of the form details comparison lol. But I remembered I had issues with saving the PDF.

I sent in monthly for all statements and bills, just to feel safe lol

Omg sister we are in the same boat I hope we will both soon be blessed with a baby :) l work in a public school so my insurance coverage is pretty good .. if not infertility treatments are indeed going to cost us an arm and a leg. Good luck for both of us!!

6 minutes ago, JDBLB said:

Omg sister we are in the same boat I hope we will both soon be blessed with a baby :) l work in a public school so my insurance coverage is pretty good .. if not infertility treatments are indeed going to cost us an arm and a leg. Good luck for both of us!!

Thats nice that you're working. Im still struggling to understand American English but intend to find a job again (tried so many times and failed in job interviews cos I had hard time understanding english here) after coming back from my vacation. 
I have no problems with writing but not verbal :( 

Where are you from may I ask? And where are you located?

Edited by Roy&Chanel

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 hours ago, JDBLB said:

It says "the proper fee is not attached. Please compare the amount you have sent with the amount required."

im really confused. I sent one check $680. I checked my bank account and that's exactly how much was taken from my account when I ordered a cashiers check. So they want two checks?! They did not return my original check so I cannot see. But it certainly is $680.

Why is this his happening to me????!!!

If you see the I - 751 Instructions it says Check or Money Order I think processing a Cashier's Check by USCIS's legacy systems might be the Issue here. I sent them a Check for 680$ and on my Bank Statement It appears as a EFT(electronic funds transfer) meaning it looks like you used your debit card but with the Routing and Account Numbers on your check so the Check Images won't appear in your Bank Transaction. I think if you get a Cashier's Check I'm not sure if the way the Routing Numbers and Account Numbers that appear on the Cashier's Check is the same as your regular Check which might cause their Systems to not process your payment. I suggest that you just Write them a Check with your A # on it. Good Luck!

35 minutes ago, Roy&Chanel said:

Thats nice that you're working. Im still struggling to understand American English but intend to find a job again (tried so many times and failed in job interviews cos I had hard time understanding english here) after coming back from my vacation. 
I have no problems with writing but not verbal :( 

Where are you from may I ask? And where are you located?

I'm originally from Taiwan, and currently live in NJ. I did come here for school first on F1 visa and worked after graduation so English is not an issue. Good luck with your job searching too, it can definitely be frustrating!! 

5 minutes ago, samoak7 said:

If you see the I - 751 Instructions it says Check or Money Order I think processing a Cashier's Check by USCIS's legacy systems might be the Issue here. I sent them a Check for 680$ and on my Bank Statement It appears as a EFT(electronic funds transfer) meaning it looks like you used your debit card but with the Routing and Account Numbers on your check so the Check Images won't appear in your Bank Transaction. I think if you get a Cashier's Check I'm not sure if the way the Routing Numbers and Account Numbers that appear on the Cashier's Check is the same as your regular Check which might cause their Systems to not process your payment. I suggest that you just Write them a Check with your A # on it. Good Luck!

Maybe...? I thought cashiers checks work just like regular check, just more secured than personal checks, since you use them for important transactions like downpayment for houses. But who knows...I'm definitely sending a personal check this time! And clip to the first page of the packet! 

2 minutes ago, samoak7 said:

Cashiers checks work just fine usually. I have used them for every single application because I do not have personal checks. All USCIS care about is getting the money before they process anything. If you write a check that bounces they would have to wait for it to clear before processing. Using the check info to process EFT is instant for them to see the funds are available. Cashiers checks are guaranteed by the bank and process immediately.

If you want peace of mind at seeing your check clear then use personal but cashiers work fine too.

1 hour ago, JDBLB said:

I only attached 4 months worth of statements for bank account, shared credit card, investment account, savings accounts etc. If they want more they will ask. I strongly doubt they will with the amount of additional evidence I have supplied.

12/06/2017 - Applied for Removal of Conditions I-751

12/11/2017 - NOA date

12/24/2017 - NOA received

01/08/2018 - Sent I-865 late, oops

01/13/2018 - Received Biometrics appointment

01/23/2018 - Biometrics appointment in Pittsburgh PA

02/28/2019 - Approval letter received

50 minutes ago, divorcedgayman said:

Hello there, again!

What is the dresscode for the biometrics appointment?

I don't think there's a specific dresscode per say, but whatever you look like will be on your 10-year GC.  At least make sure your top half looks as decent as you want it to look on your card.

I sent my packet to VSC again just now @Roy&Chanel let's hope this time it goes smoother than my last one...I used priority mail express this time and hopefully it'll get there tomorrow. Used a personal check, clip it on TOP of the packet. Also wrote ATTN: I-751 on the package. Trying to do it right!

sidenote: my HSG was done and it was actually not painful at all haha I was worried for nothing. And tubes are all clear :) 

Edited by JDBLB

Got my biometrics today :)  Appointment set for 2/2.  Can someone please add this to the timeline?  It looks so perfect I'm scared to ruin it!  Also, can you update my NOA1 date to 12/22 - I made a mistake on that, and I received the NOA1 on 12/29. 

Spoiler

K1

04/09/15: NOA1

06/10/15: NOA2

09/04/15: Interview - Approved!

09/18/15: Visa received

09/24/15: POE

10/24/15: Wedding!!

AOS

11/12/15: AOS packet sent

11/15/15: AOS packet received

11/16/15: NOA1 for I-131 and I-765

11/18/15: NOA1 for I-485

12/11/15: Biometrics

02/06/16: EAD card in production, AP sent RFE

02/10/16: EAD mailed

02/11/16: EAD combo card received in mail including AP - Service request sent for why case tracker shows RFE

03/16/16: AOS Interview - Approved

03/22/16: Green Card received in mail

ROC

12/18/17: I-751 Filed at VSC
12/22/17: NOA1

02/02/18: Biometrics Appointment

02/04/19: Case approved

02/09/19: Card received

All done, for now. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi everyone

I just watched the news and they said the current shut down of the government will affect the Immigration Services because all activities have been suspended.

Does anyone know about this ??

Our Journey for IR1-CR1

(L) Wedding Dec 5th 2014

USCIS

March 02, 2015: We left I-130 on Fedex

March 04, 2015: UCSIS received our paperwork

March 06, 2015: We received the e mail of UCSIS Acceptance Confirmation (Nebraska)

July 22, 2015 : I-130 Approved (It took 140 days)

August 04, 2015: Mail from UCSIS saying they have sent our case to NVC

NVC

August 10, 2015: Case scanned by NVC

August 20, 2015: Case number and IIN received by phone

August 21, 2015: DS261 done and FEE Affidavit of Support paid (FEE Status: In Process)

August 24, 2015: Affidavit of Support FEE Status: PAID

August 25, 2015: Husband received Welcome package from NVC

September 03, 2015: IV Package FEE paid (FEE Status: In Process)

September 08, 2015: IV Package FEE Status: PAID

September 09, 2015: DS-260 Done

September 14, 2015: Package received by NVC (Scan Date)

October 08, 2015: Case Complete

November 09, 2015: Medical Test Done

November 25, 2015: Interview Date APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

January 05, 2016: Visa Issued

January 12, 2016: Visa in hand :dancing:

January 22, 2016: US$ 165 Fee paid

February 08, 2016: In my new home

POE: Los Angeles

March 07, 2016: Green Card received...but waiting for SSN

3 minutes ago, Jovi&James said:

I just watched the news and they said the current shut down of the government will affect the Immigration Services because all activities have been suspended.

Out of sheer curiosity, what station was this?

Here's the source: https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/lapse-federal-funding-certain-uscis-operations

Edited by divorcedgayman

2 hours ago, CharlieTanger said:

Hello all!  

We just received our biometrics appointment letter!  :dance:

@Roy&Chanel Please add 01/30/18 as our biometrics date.  Thank you! :D

Looks like me and you are on the same pile of stack HAHA! We are together documents sticking to documents LOL!

Im still waiting for my postman to arrive, my informed delivery shows i have a USCIS letter dated 18 Jan on the stamp. I'm thinking thats my biometrics!

@beccajayne93 I think we are all together lol in that same stack

@classyamhey hey when you do an early walk-in, do you call in before hand or just go ahead and drop by? Did you say you're unavailable on the date and provide evidence? Or is that unnecessary? 

Edited by Roy&Chanel

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.