mighty836

December 2017 AOS

1,254 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 3/6/2018 at 11:37 AM, Ghmorrell said:

Hi all,

Just wandering if any December filers have been approved for EAD (Non-Expedited)?It just seems to be dragging. Is the online case status supposed to change after the biometrics?

Is it just me or does the K-1 process get a little bit forgotten. It seems a bit frustrating that here in CA that we are not able to get a drivers licence because we need the EAD to get one? Like we neither residents with work authorisation or illegal immigrants? Just seems to be in the middle grey area?

Can you please provide a link to an official source stating this rule? I'd just like to be sure before trying to get a license or pay for driving lessons fees :) 

~~~

1 hour ago, SaRy said:

Can you please provide a link to an official source stating this rule? I'd just like to be sure before trying to get a license or pay for driving lessons fees :) 

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/dl/dl_info#Residency Documents under limited term legal presence

Edited by Ghmorrell
Found link

11 minutes ago, Ghmorrell said:

But this is only based off what I have read, and heard about.  I am going to just go and see if there is anything I can get

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ghmorrell said:

But this is only based off what I have read, and heard about.  I am going to just go and see if there is anything I can get

I've already tried in Arvin, CA. As they told me, at least ead card is required. I asked whether approval notice of ead would be enough, they said only if it is a renewal. If it is a new ead, card itself is required.

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Is NBC in holiday or what? They literally stopped to look at cases, i haven't seen a single activity in application in two days, i must have looked like 500 cases or so. I am in 95 days now...

Edited by Gravlax

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

1 hour ago, Gravlax said:

Is NBC in holiday or what? They literally stopped to look at cases, i haven't seen a single activity in application in two days, i must have looked like 500 cases or so. I am in 95 days now...

I know right?! I track the 500 cases around mine every day and nothing.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!😊 I filled aos Dec 1st, got text and email notif Dec 7th. After 5 days Dec 12th I got noa1. Dec 23rd I got my biometrics appointment but the notice date is Dec 15. Lol. My bio was jan 3rd. After that jan 26 my case is ready to be scheduled for interview, Dec 31st interview is scheduled. March 8 I just had my interview in Kansas City, MO field office. The guy was so nice. Ask questions and it’s all in i485. And he said he will notify us via mail if they need more from us. He said they still need to review our case. Is that normal? I’ve read on some cases they will tell you right after the interview if you’re approved. Is there anything I should be worried about? thanks.😊

Made an Infopass appointment for the 26th.  Hoping to hear something before then but since the appointments are hard to get in San Diego I jumped on it when the dates were released.  Anyone else do Infopass?  Worth the time?  

Hello friends,

I did my interview on March 8, now am approved.

PD Dec 4

Biometric Jan 2

Interview March 8.

Approved March 12. 

Now waiting for my card to come in mail. 

Meanwhile, my status still on interview is scheduled. But I registered an account in UScis so I was able to see more accurate status and history.

Today I discovered a way to create a seperate myUSCIS account with a lot more information on all my cases reflecting every single step from the interview to the shipment of the Green Card.

Just register for a free account here: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and select "Add a paper-filed case" after setting up your account.

Now enter your receipt numbers, e.g. MSC1234567890 and see a much more detailed case status. This should be especially handy for people waiting for their approval or the green card after the interview. 

This account will also allow you to eventually extend your green card via form I-90 after 10 years (if it's already unconditional) or to file for Naturalization after 3 year minus 90 days if your green card is based on marriage and if you are married for at least 3 years.
Show quoted text

3 hours ago, aayy said:

Today I discovered a way to create a seperate myUSCIS account with a lot more information on all my cases reflecting every single step from the interview to the shipment of the Green Card.

Just register for a free account here: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and select "Add a paper-filed case" after setting up your account.

Now enter your receipt numbers, e.g. MSC1234567890 and see a much more detailed case status. This should be especially handy for people waiting for their approval or the green card after the interview. 

This account will also allow you to eventually extend your green card via form I-90 after 10 years (if it's already unconditional) or to file for Naturalization after 3 year minus 90 days if your green card is based on marriage and if you are married for at least 3 years.
Show quoted text

Thanks for this. This is great that you can see previous status'. I amended a typo and completely missed where it says that they are "scheduling the interview" status. So much better than my uscis. Although my uscis still shows status of enquiries and sr requests 

8 hours ago, aayy said:

Someone posted this on a site I used it and it really help. 

My case was approved and I do not even know until I check it via this means.

Thanks! What type of info is listed? Our case is still in received status for all three applications. So frustrated 

3 hours ago, spike198 said:

Thanks! What type of info is listed? Our case is still in received status for all three applications. So frustrated 

It's pretty much the same info but I think this one is more reliable with updates I'm sure the one that people normally use didn't update for me right away for a message. The last message I got was on 8th Feb but I'm sure it didn't update till around the 15th. I think there are some issues with accuracy. Worth a check to see if your cases are in that stage. 

21 minutes ago, Ghmorrell said:

It's pretty much the same info but I think this one is more reliable with updates I'm sure the one that people normally use didn't update for me right away for a message. The last message I got was on 8th Feb but I'm sure it didn't update till around the 15th. I think there are some issues with accuracy. Worth a check to see if your cases are in that stage. 

Good to know! I did check it out and it's all the same dates from the standard tracker info. I'll be stalking it like I stalk the other site ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.