dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2017

763 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, sibz said:

Hello,

1). For the petitioner, there is none to NVC. all the supporting documents is beneficiary ones.

2). Do you have someone to be joint sponsor you guys in US? because they want someone in US to be sponsor. You can explain in letter why you did not file the taxes for 2016. 

3) This is what i found

When a sponsor has clearly not maintained a domicile in the United States, he/she must re-establish a U.S. domicile to be a sponsor. The aspiring sponsor may take steps, including the examples given below, to show that the United States is his/her principal place of residence:

• Find employment in the United States
  • Secure a residence in the United States
  • Register children in U.S. schools
  • Relinquish residence abroad
  • Other evidence of a U.S. residence

If the sponsor establishes U.S. domicile, he or she must return to the United States to live before the sponsored immigrant may enter the United States. The sponsored immigrant must enter the United States with or after the sponsor.

Thank you so much for your reply! I genuinely appreciate it. That's quite relieving about the taxes as its been something I couldn't get my head around. I can easily have one of my parents be our sponsor in the states. To do this, they would need to fill out a form and join as a co-sponsor?

Once again, thanks!! :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, CABM said:

Thank you so much for your reply! I genuinely appreciate it. That's quite relieving about the taxes as its been something I couldn't get my head around. I can easily have one of my parents be our sponsor in the states. To do this, they would need to fill out a form and join as a co-sponsor?

Once again, thanks!! :) 

No problem... Good Luck...

If one of your parent covers the guideline, then you and your parent need to file form I-864. If your parent is using their spouse, then their spouse need to file I-864A

Here is a link 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

I hope i was right. Right now i am waiting for our I-130 to be approved. This week or next week i will hear something. Crossing my fingers :)

CR1 Journey for US Citizen (USC) with Spouse (India)

Service Center: Potomac Service Center

5/22/17 - Got married

6/6/17 - Mailed I-130 via UPS to Chicago Lockbox 6/7/17 - Received by USCIS; Priority Date (PD)

12/4/17 - I-130 Visa Petition Approved :) 

12/8/17- Email & Text message and website change to Case was sent to the Department of State 12/9/17 - NOA2 I-797 received in mail

12/13/17 - NVC received our case

12/21/17 - Received Welcome letter and AOS invoice from NVC thru email,Case number and invoice number assigned

12/22/17- Submit DS-261, Paid AOS fee

12/26/17 - AOS fee confirmed by bank and status change to paid in website

12/28/17 -  Received email for DS-261 confirmation and IV Invoice

12/29/17 - Paid IV fee

01/03/18 -  IV fee status change to paid in website and DS-260 open, DS-260 submitted, AOS & IV Package mailed

01/05/18 - AOS & IV package received by NVC

01/09/18 - Scan date 

01/13/18 - Case Completed. Called NVC on 1/16/18 to confirm

01/30/18 - Called NVC to find Interview is schedule for 3/15/18

02/1/18 - Received Email from NVC for interview letter PK4 dated 01/31/18

02/6/18 - Left from NVC (called on 02/07 to confirm and status changed on 2/7/18 to "In Transit")

02/8/18 - Reached at Mumbai Embassy (status changed on 2/8/18 from "In Transit" to "Ready")

03/9/18 - Medical at 8:30 at Mumbai Done

03/12/18 - Biometrics at 9:30 at Mumbai Done

03/15/18- Interview- Approved

03/19/18- Passport and Visa arrived at Blue Dart Trivandrum pickup location

03/21/18-Passport and Visa picked up

03/23/18- The USCIS Immigrant fee ($220) paid

04/26/18-POE at Chicago :) 

5/7/18-SS Card received

5/18/18-GC status on USCIS website change to Card is being produced

5/29/18- Green Card Received

ROC Journey

02/18/2020- Sent the ROC form and other documents to Phoenix AZ

02/21/2020 - Received ROC at Phoenix AZ

02/27/2020 - Check cashed and received text with receipt # MSC

03/02/2020 - Received NOA1 I-797 in mail dated 02/26/2020

03/14/2020 - Biometrics letter received in mail, notice date 03/06/2020 appointment 03/26/2020, Got cancelled because of Covid19 Closure

11/20/2020 - Received new Biometrics letter for 12/08/2020 appointment Done

12/09/2020 -  Status change to Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An interview

09/09/2021 - Status change to Interview was Scheduled

10/28/2021 - Interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 12/5/2017 at 1:17 PM, She0710 said:

I just called NVC and i received a checklist list due to incorrect birth certificate. They said it was hand write and they needed a computer written copy. Smh!

SD 10-24-17

check list 11-5-17.

im so sad right now. 

Hi, did you have to send a translation of the birth certificate as well? If so, which version was hand written? Original or translation? Thanks!

6 minutes ago, STA8 said:

Hi, did you have to send a translation of the birth certificate as well? If so, which version was hand written? Original or translation? Thanks!

No i didn’t have to send translation, however the correct birth certificate requirements for Ghana states that as of 2011 we have to get a computer generated birth certificate. Mine wasn’t so i have to get one and send it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, She0710 said:

No i didn’t have to send translation, however the correct birth certificate requirements for Ghana states that as of 2011 we have to get a computer generated birth certificate. Mine wasn’t so i have to get one and send it. 

I see. I sent in a copy of the hand written original and an original computerized english translation. Let's see what happens. :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
18 minutes ago, sibz said:

No problem... Good Luck...

If one of your parent covers the guideline, then you and your parent need to file form I-864. If your parent is using their spouse, then their spouse need to file I-864A

Here is a link 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

I hope i was right. Right now i am waiting for our I-130 to be approved. This week or next week i will hear something. Crossing my fingers :)

Thanks so much!! I will certainly check these links out. Good luck on your I-130!! I know how stressful it can be waiting for so long. Hopefully you will get your approval soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Adam & Dina said:

Omg I just got my CC... online status changed to at NVC!!!! Soooo happy 

CONGRATS!! ((:

Just now, LeslieR said:

CONGRATS!! ((:

Thank you

Not actually sure what happens now hahahaha

Married: 23 Dec 2016

I130 sent: 9 Jan 2017

NAO1: 18 Jan 2017

RFE: Birth certificate: 12 July 2017

RFE sent: 26 July 2017

I-130 approved (NAO2): 5 Sep 2017

Sent to NVC: 29 Sep 2017

NVC received: 6 Oct 2017

Case no. received: 17 Oct 2017

Package sent: 27 Oct 2017

Scan date: 31 Oct 2017

Case complete: 7 Dec 217

Interview date scheduled: 14 Dec 2017

Interview date: 9 Jan 2018 

NVC recieved my package on November 30th, I just called them, and they say they do not have a case number for me yet. How long would it take, I have seem some timeline they get it around 4 days even 3 days after the recieved it. 

Thanks,

3 hours ago, STA8 said:

I see. I sent in a copy of the hand written original and an original computerized english translation. Let's see what happens. :wacko:

Sounds like you’ll be fine also the requirements are different for each country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone. I just received my NOA2 today (I29 fiancé applications for the U.K.) and I think this is this forum I now need to be in?... 

suggestions 

tips

helpful links

advice...

please🙂

I just got my NVC case number, when am I going to be able to choose an Agent? I got this error.

Please be advised that the case that you have attempted to access is not eligible for further processing by the National Visa Center at this time. Please contact the National Visa Center if you believe that you have received this message in error. 

I just got a checklist from the NVC (even though my online status was changed yesterday to 'at NVC' and I thought I had CC) for my Police Certificate :angry:. I made an EXACT copy of the file we sent to NVC and the police certificate was in there - I am 100% sure! Has anyone else experienced this? I am quite angry because I am sure the certificate was included. It has an English translation at the bottom, perhaps I should translate the entire document? 

Edited by EvdH

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.