dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview January 2018

696 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Isa&Sam said:

hmmm seems like theyre giving the run around. Have you tried asking to speak to a supervisor? Because embassy says they haven't got the info and cant schedule you and the NVC says embassy hasn't scheduled appointment so they cant send anything? Ask to speak to a supervisor. That's insane!

The only reason why I haven't called a supervisor is because I highly doubt they can give me more info all they will say is there is no interview date scheduled and I just have to wait. Also why I haven't called is because I'm not the only one from September CC waiting for an interview date. There are others waiting same as me with similar ccs. But it is insane Because people from previous months were receiving appointments a few weeks after CC now who know. Honduras is on the same boat as well.

Edited by Y&V6416

12 minutes ago, Y&V6416 said:

The only reason why I haven't called a supervisor is because I highly doubt they can give me more info all they will say is there is no interview date scheduled and I just have to wait. Also why I haven't called is because I'm not the only one from September CC waiting for an interview date. There are others waiting same as me with similar ccs. But it is insane Because people from previous months were receiving appointments a few weeks after CC now who know. Honduras is on the same boat as well.

Just called a few seconds ago nothing again and they can't explain to me why, they keep saying it's up to the availability of the embassy and they straight up told me a supervisor can't tell me more than that 😒

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all! My husbands interview is in CDJ on January 9, 2018!! Super excited but I have two questions that we are confused on and hoping someone can reply with help!

1: Can the police record from Mexico (or certificado de no antecedentes penales) be gotten there in Juarez before the day of his interview, or does it have to be from the Mexican state he grew up in 18 years ago? (My husband has lived in USA for 18 years and is flying straight to Cuidad Juarez for his interview, having to get it in his hometown in Mexico would be a whole other trip)

2: As far as the courier service goes to pick up your packet after your interview is approved, do you have to pick it up there in Juarez or can you select the courier service to be delivered in another state in mexico? Does anyone know if there is a time difference, or which option is less of a hassle?  THANKS IN ADVANCE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Y&V6416 said:

yes Cc on Sept 21 called this morning and nothing yet 

1 hour ago, Y&V6416 said:

Just called a few seconds ago nothing again and they can't explain to me why, they keep saying it's up to the availability of the embassy and they straight up told me a supervisor can't tell me more than that 😒

I hope it is not the same for El Salvador :crying: Ive been at NVC since april 2016 and had to keep postponing due to my pregnancy and other issues and now that I'm ready to end this whole process I hope I don't get hit with the same wait time as you guys :( Lets pray that we all get an appointment soon. Only Honduras and Guatemala have been waiting this long?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, rosariov said:

Hi all! My husbands interview is in CDJ on January 9, 2018!! Super excited but I have two questions that we are confused on and hoping someone can reply with help!

1: Can the police record from Mexico (or certificado de no antecedentes penales) be gotten there in Juarez before the day of his interview, or does it have to be from the Mexican state he grew up in 18 years ago? (My husband has lived in USA for 18 years and is flying straight to Cuidad Juarez for his interview, having to get it in his hometown in Mexico would be a whole other trip)

2: As far as the courier service goes to pick up your packet after your interview is approved, do you have to pick it up there in Juarez or can you select the courier service to be delivered in another state in mexico? Does anyone know if there is a time difference, or which option is less of a hassle?  THANKS IN ADVANCE

I believe the guidlelines reflect  that any state that the applicant has lived on after the age of 18 must be provided ?? 

Also, when was your case complete date ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
1 hour ago, Isa&Sam said:

I hope it is not the same for El Salvador :crying: Ive been at NVC since april 2016 and had to keep postponing due to my pregnancy and other issues and now that I'm ready to end this whole process I hope I don't get hit with the same wait time as you guys :( Lets pray that we all get an appointment soon. Only Honduras and Guatemala have been waiting this long?

As far as I’ve seen yes so frustrating 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Not sure if I belong here or not, just called NVC and got a CC today. Scanned date of 10/31/17. Madrid Spain embassy. Hoping for an interview date of at least end of January beginning of Feb 2018. Any experience appreciated!!!

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline
1 hour ago, tiyyo said:

Not sure if I belong here or not, just called NVC and got a CC today. Scanned date of 10/31/17. Madrid Spain embassy. Hoping for an interview date of at least end of January beginning of Feb 2018. Any experience appreciated!!!

Welcome congrats, most people wait a month some countries are faster others are incredibly backed up. I have been waiting since September for an interview, but other countries go more smoothly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, tiyyo said:

Hi, We're at Madrid embassy too. Check out our dates on my signature below.

You could be February or March but who knows!

We waited 3 weeks for our interview date after the cc. 

But we're getting into the holiday season now...

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

On 12/5/2017 at 2:50 AM, ANTUNEZ said:

CC Sep 21 still waiting... I heard it might take even longer beacause of what’s going on over there ugh. when was your case completed?

Oct 16th.  I haven't seen any recent comments with honduran embassy update, but I did just sign-up to the site....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, DandTO16 said:

My husband just had his interview in Lagos. We were approved!!! What an awesome birthday gift and Christmas gift!!!

Congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.