SpidersWeb

Registered Nurse with an EB-3 Here!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm a 27-year-old Finnish nursing professional (BSN, RN) with 4 years of relevant work experience. I'm working with a recruitment company that's sponsoring an EB-3 visa for me. I received my RN license in July 2017 and my I-140 was filed in August 2017, having already submitted all necessary documents prior to the NCLEX. I'm currently just waiting for the initial approval on my case. It's been estimated that the process will take 9-12 months in total. I'm not sure if that's too optimistic given the issues the USCIS has been having under the new administration.

Anyway, once the visa process moves forward, I'll have a better idea of my future residence in the US as I will get job offers and interview for the ones I prefer. I have previously lived on an F-1 visa in the New England area and that's where I'd like to be assigned to. On the other hand, I've only been to Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut and New York, so I don't know anything about the rest of the country. My contract with the recruitment company is for 3 years which is a relatively short time; I'll get to choose as I please after completing this term.

If anyone has any questions about immigrating as a foreign-educated registered nurse, I'd be glad to help as much as I can. I can discuss things like the IELTS, the NCLEX, the CGFNS' Credential Evaluation and VisaScreen, etc. Just let me know if you have any questions.

I'd also like to hear about others' experiences as an RN immigrating to the US. Feel free to send me a private message in that case as well!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

New England area may be the most expensive area to live in other than Miami itself

i have lived in 24 states and now in Tn

there is a big Finnish community in NY state little towns of Van Etten and Spencer where my  Finnish family is from

they even publish a finnish newsletter

http://www.lifeinthefingerlakes.com/who-knew-finns-in-the-finger-lakes/

Pittsburg Pa is one of the cities you should consider as it has multiple hospitals dealing with organ transplants / it is hospital city these days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:43 AM, SpidersWeb said:

Hi everyone,

I'm a 27-year-old Finnish nursing professional (BSN, RN) with 4 years of relevant work experience. I'm working with a recruitment company that's sponsoring an EB-3 visa for me. I received my RN license in July 2017 and my I-140 was filed in August 2017, having already submitted all necessary documents prior to the NCLEX. I'm currently just waiting for the initial approval on my case. It's been estimated that the process will take 9-12 months in total. I'm not sure if that's too optimistic given the issues the USCIS has been having under the new administration.

Anyway, once the visa process moves forward, I'll have a better idea of my future residence in the US as I will get job offers and interview for the ones I prefer. I have previously lived on an F-1 visa in the New England area and that's where I'd like to be assigned to. On the other hand, I've only been to Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut and New York, so I don't know anything about the rest of the country. My contract with the recruitment company is for 3 years which is a relatively short time; I'll get to choose as I please after completing this term.

If anyone has any questions about immigrating as a foreign-educated registered nurse, I'd be glad to help as much as I can. I can discuss things like the IELTS, the NCLEX, the CGFNS' Credential Evaluation and VisaScreen, etc. Just let me know if you have any questions.

I'd also like to hear about others' experiences as an RN immigrating to the US. Feel free to send me a private message in that case as well!

I thought the US was on retrogression for work visa for RN.  Dependent on your country it was taking like 7 years to get an interview.

There hasn't been a nurse shortage in the USA for 10 plus year,  Do you think your visa will be approved?

RN's coming to USA via family visa most don't need IELTS or VisaScreen, and I suggest not using CGNFS for Credential Evaluation due to their poor customer service, Look at the state board where you applied and they usually will offer alternative to CGNFS.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
On 24.11.2017 at 2:45 PM, kris&me said:

New England area may be the most expensive area to live in other than Miami itself

i have lived in 24 states and now in Tn

there is a big Finnish community in NY state little towns of Van Etten and Spencer where my  Finnish family is from

they even publish a finnish newsletter

http://www.lifeinthefingerlakes.com/who-knew-finns-in-the-finger-lakes/

Pittsburg Pa is one of the cities you should consider as it has multiple hospitals dealing with organ transplants / it is hospital city these days

Sure, it's expensive. I don't know how it compares to the Finnish standard of living these days because it's been almost 10 years since I lived there. Back then the US was hit with the worst of the economic recession. Euro was so much stronger than the US dollar but nowadays it's the other way around.

Much of the Finnish culture in the US is old school, understandably of course. It'd be interesting to see what having a Finnish heritage means to the descendants of Finnish immigrants.

I actually don't have any experience with organ transplantation. My specialty is in acute and critical care nursing and I wish to continue in acute and critical care settings once I immigrate to the US. I'll have to wait until I get the job offers on the table ;)

I'm kind of curious how you've managed to move so often as to live in 24 states :o

Timeline
9 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

I thought the US was on retrogression for work visa for RN.  Dependent on your country it was taking like 7 years to get an interview.

There hasn't been a nurse shortage in the USA for 10 plus year,  Do you think your visa will be approved?

RN's coming to USA via family visa most don't need IELTS or VisaScreen, and I suggest not using CGNFS for Credential Evaluation due to their poor customer service, Look at the state board where you applied and they usually will offer alternative to CGNFS.

I'm actually immigrating on an employment-based visa, the EB-3 visa. I've fulfilled all the requirements, like passing the IELTS and the NCLEX, and I've already secured my CES report and the VisaScreen. Sure, contacting the CGFNS was a hassle but eventually I got what I needed. Now my visa petition has already been filed and I'm just waiting for the green light.

I have some friends who have partnered with the same company to sponsor their visa and they got their visa in a timely manner (1-2 years). The dates have moved significantly even for the countries with retrogression but they still have to wait longer than the rest of the world. I'm confident that the estimate will hold because I've seen others go through the same process efficiently. But then again, I'm a little worried about the increasing number of RFEs and denials.

The recruitment company I'm working with has informed that there are 1,000 job orders nationwide. The Emergency Nursing Supply Relief Act was introduced this fall to designate 8,000 immigrant visas for healthcare professionals because the nursing shortage will only get worse and worse.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
9 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

According to the American Medical Journal there is

The nursing shortage is projected to continue nationwide, especially in the South and West, according to a report in the American Journal of Medical Quality. Health Affairs reported that the nursing shortage will grow to 260,000 RNs by 2025 – twice as large as shortages that have occurred since the mid-1960s.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, kris&me said:

According to the American Medical Journal there is

The nursing shortage is projected to continue nationwide, especially in the South and West, according to a report in the American Journal of Medical Quality. Health Affairs reported that the nursing shortage will grow to 260,000 RNs by 2025 – twice as large as shortages that have occurred since the mid-1960s.

Yes, and according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 1.2 million vacancies will emerge for RNs between 2014 and 2022 creating a critical issue around patient care. The U.S. Department of Labor has identified healthcare professionals as a top priority in designating work visas to due to the high demand and lack of nurses to fill positions in the U.S.

Edited by SpidersWeb

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Spider,

You have lived in very beautiful parts of US. Many people live their in summer and Florida & Arizona & New Mexico in winter. I am  a Psychologist and have worked in larger medical centers and teaching hospitals for past 26 years. I think you know the has been a nursing shortage for past 40 years. The migration laws official and unofficial are shifting from anybody to those how have skills  that are needed. I feel you are in good position for visa. Also US looking for people how can have income from job and not need government help & money and again nursing pays well and you can have a good life in US.

I know the Department of Agriculture has special Visa program for health care workers to work in rural areas where there is shortage of health care workers.

Let me know if you have any questions or I may be of assistance.

I wish you the best in your journey to US,

Paul