nkwentistanley

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 3

2,854 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

Pass on from USCIS stage I provided G-1145 in the first place if that's correct, Khallaf? Thanks! :)

I provided that to...didnt work out so well for me as I got the approval letter with no email, no text and the web site for uscis and my case # still hasnt updated. But you should be able to send direct messages to DOS email and get a reaponse very fast. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, gsiberger said:

NOA2 received! Hurray! PD June 16, 2017 :) 

CONGRATULATIONS! Mine is pd 2nd June.  Still waiting. 

Plz can u update your timeline. 

Uscis has updated their timeline!!! 14 March for Nebraska. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
10 hours ago, selsiii said:

Oh wow...are you sure you want to leave all that goodness lol

Depends on what you mean by goodness?

At the moment we have about over 1 meter of snow, I got frostnip on my cheeks and nose on Saturday driving a snowmobile when it's -28 degrees Celsius. And it's almost constantly dark...

Excited to leave, I can tell you that! :)

Timeline
6 minutes ago, George94 said:

That ain't good, and they don't tell you why they holding it? 

I talked to a tier 2 rep on the phone last night who swore they are not holding it and that it is automatically sent to DOS once the approval is done but can take 8 weeks for them to get it by mail and upload it into their system.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/27/2018 at 7:46 AM, Khallaf said:

I got my approval letter and even though the letter states sent to DOS it hasn't they are holding it I called and talked to someone on friday and was told it could be 90 days before they send my case and I asked why the letter said it was sent when it wasn't, and why others got approvals and are sent to DOS right away what is the reason, she kept repeating the same thing,

I am going to call again after two weeks from the approval date on me letter maybe by then they will release the hold on my package. :(

Yes, I pray so..best wishes!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, gsiberger said:

already updated :)

But I don't see a June 16th approval on the Igors list. Sorry to bother u. Thanks

Edited by MrsKhan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Khallaf said:

I talked to a tier 2 rep on the phone last night who swore they are not holding it and that it is automatically sent to DOS once the approval is done but can take 8 weeks for them to get it by mail and upload it into their system.

Usually your file gets sent to NVC pretty fast but it doesn't show up in their system for at least a couple of weeks. By looking at your timeline you were approved Jan 17. I would wait another week before getting too frazzled. I think 3-4 weeks is pretty average for when you can call NVC and get your case number.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Usually your file gets sent to NVC pretty fast but it doesn't show up in their system for at least a couple of weeks. By looking at your timeline you were approved Jan 17. I would wait another week before getting too frazzled. I think 3-4 weeks is pretty average for when you can call NVC and get your case number.

I guess I am more frazzled because the uscis check status still shows case received, nothing about approval nothing about DOS just received. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I guess I am more frazzled because the uscis check status still shows case received, nothing about approval nothing about DOS just received. 

It can take a while for USCIS to update their online case tracker. A lot of people in Nebraska receive their paper NOA2 before the case updates online.

When I called NVC for the first two weeks they kept telling me they hadn't received my file yet. I felt panicked. However on the third week cause I kept sending online enquiries I got one back that said my case would be updated shortly. A couple hours later I got my case and invoice number. It happened all in the same day. I can't say for certain but I get the feeling NVC does not have record of receiving cases until a case number is assigned. That was my experience anyway.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
54 minutes ago, acidrain said:

It can take a while for USCIS to update their online case tracker. A lot of people in Nebraska receive their paper NOA2 before the case updates online.

When I called NVC for the first two weeks they kept telling me they hadn't received my file yet. I felt panicked. However on the third week cause I kept sending online enquiries I got one back that said my case would be updated shortly. A couple hours later I got my case and invoice number. It happened all in the same day. I can't say for certain but I get the feeling NVC does not have record of receiving cases until a case number is assigned. That was my experience anyway.

How long did you wait to receive a case number?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, GiGiJamacia said:

How long did you wait to receive a case number?

you and I have just about the same approval date within just a few days of each other, maybe when you get yours I will know I can get mine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.