Charles H

Beneficiary Moved

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Morning all,  my fiance in the Philippines had to move to a new residence and I'm trying to find out if I have to do or submit anything.  We filled in September so still in the beginning process. 

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Charles H said:

Morning all,  my fiance in the Philippines had to move to a new residence and I'm trying to find out if I have to do or submit anything.  We filled in September so still in the beginning process. 

Thanks

When the application gets approved, inform uscis that your fiance has a new address(or you can start informing them now). Once application gets mailed to nvc it will be out of the uscis jurisdiction. Nvc will submit approved application to the us embassy  in the Philippines.  Us embassy will be mailing her instructions so they need to have the correct address so she gets this packet. 

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

No one needs a new address; the USCIS will not take it as the petition is the USC's.  As the ds-160 is done online she will fill out her bew address there and that how the NVC know.  Neither the NVC nor the USEM will be mailing her anything. 

10 minutes ago, audacieux89 said:

When the application gets approved, inform uscis that your fiance has a new address(or you can start informing them now). Once application gets mailed to nvc it will be out of the uscis jurisdiction. Nvc will submit approved application to the us embassy  in the Philippines.  Us embassy will be mailing her instructions so they need to have the correct address so she gets this packet. 

No they wont be. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

1 hour ago, NikLR said:

No one needs a new address; the USCIS will not take it as the petition is the USC's.  As the ds-160 is done online she will fill out her bew address there and that how the NVC know.  Neither the NVC nor the USEM will be mailing her anything. 

No they wont be. 

Are you sure? I am the beneficiary and when I moved I had to call USCIS to correct my address. My K1 application was filed in November 2016 and approved February 2017, so my experience is fairly relevant.

The US embassy mailed me a packet of instructions (A lot of instructions) and some forms that were informative. Because I knew that I would be receiving a packet of forms (including a copy of the approved K1 application forms) I knew calling the USCIS and having them correct my address before sending out the approved application to NVC was crucial.

Also, I didn't say NVC will be sending the beneficiary anything. I said NVC will send the approved application to the US embassy in the beneficiary's country.

So I would definitely recommend the OP update the address with the USCIS (this is based on personal experience as a beneficiary who changed her address during the K1 process).

How I did this was I called up USCIS's hotline (from outside the US) and told them that I needed to change the address because I moved. They asked me some security questions to make sure I am really the beneficiary. Petitioner can also be the one to make this call so beneficiary can avoid spending money (especially since he/she might be put on hold).

Edited by audacieux89

-=ROC & Naturalization Timeline=-

January 25, 2021 - ROC application received

January 22, 2022 - Case transferred

January 16, 2022 - Naturalization application received

April 7, 2023 - ROC and Naturalization Interview

April 20, 2023 - Oath Ceremony scheduled

The uscis can only change the petitioner address within the usa.

The embassy CAN send things but everything is available online for download. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.