Charlene Gei

Passport expiry and name change after marriage (split)

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
41 minutes ago, babe2012 said:

I'm about to Report my Marriage in the Philippine Consulate and renew my passport in person. :) Do I need to bring 2 self addressed envelope (one for the passport and one for the report of marriage) or just 1? I'm confused.

Thank you!!

Two postage paid, self addressed envelopes 

How you two doing!   Great I bet!!  ;)  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Grab a couple flat-rate Priority Mail envelopes from the post office, pay for the postage on them and then address them to yourself.     https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

6 hours ago, Charlene Gei said:

Hi guys, do you have a sample picture of self addressed return envelope from usps?. Please! I’m confused about it..

A flat rate priority mail envelope is all that is needed. You fill it out yourself and then buy the postage for it at the post office. You give that to the embassy to send everything back to you. 

On 11/30/2017 at 4:15 AM, Hank_ said:

Grab a couple flat-rate Priority Mail envelopes from the post office, pay for the postage on them and then address them to yourself.     https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm

On 11/30/2017 at 6:13 AM, cyberfx1024 said:

A flat rate priority mail envelope is all that is needed. You fill it out yourself and then buy the postage for it at the post office. You give that to the embassy to send everything back to you. 

I will applying for renewal, change name and ROM.. do i get 3 or just 2 envelope?.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Charlene Gei said:

I will applying for renewal, change name and ROM.. do i get 3 or just 2 envelope?.

Two postage paid, self addressed envelopes.   One for the ROM the other for the passport

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

When you get your envelopes, they are usually right there in the post office at a small kiosk, take them to the window and pay for the postage. Apply the postage to the envelopes and address the envelopes to yourself and the return area will be the address of the Consulate you are using here in the States. See my example below.

2017-12-03_19-01-13.jpg

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On 12/2/2017 at 3:46 AM, Hank_ said:

Two postage paid, self addressed envelopes.   One for the ROM the other for the passport

On 12/3/2017 at 2:02 PM, Greenbaum said:

When you get your envelopes, they are usually right there in the post office at a small kiosk, take them to the window and pay for the postage. Apply the postage to the envelopes and address the envelopes to yourself and the return area will be the address of the Consulate you are using here in the States. See my example below.

2017-12-03_19-01-13.jpg

Thank you po.. 😊

May i ask po if how many weeks to wait for the older passport to recieve po after renewal?. I will be going in person..

Timeline
9 hours ago, Charlene Gei said:

Thank you po.. 😊

May i ask po if how many weeks to wait for the older passport to recieve po after renewal?. I will be going in person..

My wife did her passport renewal during an outreach event in our area, if my memory is correct she had her new passport (and old one) in about 6 weeks.    I know DFA is much improved from back then so it is very possible to get it very quickly now, the consulate website still says about 8 weeks.

(it s required to renew the passport in person... ;)  )   

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

My wife did her passport renewal during an outreach event in our area, if my memory is correct she had her new passport (and old one) in about 6 weeks.    I know DFA is much improved from back then so it is very possible to get it very quickly now, the consulate website still says about 8 weeks.

(it s required to renew the passport in person... ;)  )   

In the passport application form, they’re asking for complete address.. Is it my complete address here in the US or in the philppines?.

Timeline
Just now, Charlene Gei said:

In the passport application form, they’re asking for complete address.. Is it my complete address here in the US or in the philppines?.

In the USA, your home address where you live now.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Just now, Hank_ said:

In the USA, your home address where you live now.

Thank you 😊

and my problem now is i’m still waiting for my AOS interview, and my passport will expire on July 2018.. is it okay to renew my passport now?. And will it affect my application? because the one i used as a supporting document in my AOS was my unrenewed passport..

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Charlene Gei said:

Thank you 😊

and my problem now is i’m still waiting for my AOS interview, and my passport will expire on July 2018.. is it okay to renew my passport now?. And will it affect my application? because the one i used as a supporting document in my AOS was my unrenewed passport..

You will be renewing your passport in your married name?    

If yes, you will need:  

1. Proof that the applicant is not a US/Foreign citizen (Original and two [2] photocopies of any of the following: greencard, visa adjustment, notice of action, work permit)

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#renewal

Totally fine to renew your passport now, your old passport will be returned with the new one, bring both to the interview

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You will be renewing your passport in your married name?    

If yes, you will need:  

1. Proof that the applicant is not a US/Foreign citizen (Original and two [2] photocopies of any of the following: greencard, visa adjustment, notice of action, work permit)

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#renewal

Totally fine to renew your passport now, your old passport will be returned with the new one, bring both to the interview

Yes, if i change my name it will automatically a renewed passport then?.

and i was thinking now that what if my AOS interview will be scheduled after my biometric , and i dont have my passport in hand.. 😕 ahay! IDK now 😕

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Charlene Gei said:

Yes, if i change my name it will automatically a renewed passport then?.

and i was thinking now that what if my AOS interview will be scheduled after my biometric , and i dont have my passport in hand.. 😕 ahay! IDK now 😕

Yes.  Changing your name in your passport does result in a new passport.    Did you complete ROM?

You haven't completed biometrics yet for AOS?   You must of filed within the past month or so.

Not everyone with AOS gets interviewed.   AOS can take 6-12 months before seeing your green card.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.