Charlene Gei

Passport expiry and name change after marriage (split)

44 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Yes.  Changing your name in your passport does result in a new passport.    Did you complete ROM?

You haven't completed biometrics yet for AOS?   You must of filed within the past month or so.

Not everyone with AOS gets interviewed.   AOS can take 6-12 months before seeing your green card.

I already have a biometric appointment this friday.. 🙏🏼 That’s why i decided to apply my change in name and at the same time ROM after my biometric appointment..

4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Yes.  Changing your name in your passport does result in a new passport.    Did you complete ROM?

You haven't completed biometrics yet for AOS?   You must of filed within the past month or so.

Not everyone with AOS gets interviewed.   AOS can take 6-12 months before seeing your green card.

What if my husband is a filipino and he is now a US citizen by naturalization, do i put a US citizen or a filipino under citizenship in part of the ROM form?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Charlene Gei said:

What if my husband is a filipino and he is now a US citizen by naturalization, do i put a US citizen or a filipino under citizenship in part of the ROM form?

You answered your own question, your husband IS a UNITED STATES citizen.    

Did your husband complete dual citizenship?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You answered your own question, your husband IS a UNITED STATES citizen.    

Did your husband complete dual citizenship?

😂 sorry, i just want to clarify things because i dont’t want to make a mistake in filling up the forms ✌🏼 nope, he did not... and oh how about the witnessess?. When we got married by a judge we bring our family and friends with us in the ceremony but in our marriage certificate there is no witnesses, after the ceremony we asked the judge if anyone in our guests need to sign as our witness but the judge answered no

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Charlene Gei said:

😂 sorry, i just want to clarify things because i dont’t want to make a mistake in filling up the forms ✌🏼 nope, he did not... and oh how about the witnessess?. When we got married by a judge we bring our family and friends with us in the ceremony but in our marriage certificate there is no witnesses, after the ceremony we asked the judge if anyone in our guests need to sign as our witness but the judge answered no

That is fine, I do understand.   Just clarifying for you that you already know the answer..

Many do not have witnesses, leave that part blank of you had none.  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

That is fine, I do understand.   Just clarifying for you that you already know the answer..

Thank you for understanding.. and thank you for your patient in answering my questions .. 😊 God Bless..

20 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I have another question, sorry.. how about the part of “we/i solemnly swear .....etc....”  is it the date now that i’m filling up the form or the date of submission?. And the place, is it my address or in the consulate?. 😁✌🏼

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Charlene Gei said:

I have another question, sorry.. how about the part of “we/i solemnly swear .....etc....”  is it the date now that i’m filling up the form or the date of submission?. And the place, is it my address or in the consulate?. 😁✌🏼

Being you are doing ROM and passport renewal a the same time at the consulate-  Leave that section blank for now, you will sign that at the consulate.   If your husband is not going to the consulate with you, have HIS signature notarized... otherwise you will both sign/date that section at the consulate.

If you were mailing the ROM form to the consulate you would use the current date at the time of signing the document in front of a notary.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

56 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Being you are doing ROM and passport renewal a the same time at the consulate-  Leave that section blank for now, you will sign that at the consulate.   If your husband is not going to the consulate with you, have HIS signature notarized... otherwise you will both sign/date that section at the consulate.

If you were mailing the ROM form to the consulate you would use the current date at the time of signing the document in front of a notary.

How about our parents.. should i put the Maiden name of our mothers?.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Charlene Gei said:

How about our parents.. should i put the Maiden name of our mothers?.

It states on the form as to maiden or married name. 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
9 hours ago, Charlene Gei said:

It stated only “Mother’s full name”.. that’s it..

Sorry, my :oops:  

Married name for mother and father.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Charlene Gei said:

I went to philippine consulate honolulu today, i only filed the ROM, not including the change in name on my passport.. i’ll be back at the consulate on 19 to get my Papers on ROM.. 😞

The consulate wants ROM completed before they will renew your passport in your married name ?  DC consulate is like that

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.