eslam-mahmoud

IR-1 / CR-1 immigrant visa from Egypt, Should i apply for appointment or will NVC send it to me

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello every one,

It is exciting now i got the email with

The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas,

but this is a point i am missing here NVC say

NVC schedules appointments one month in advance. The U.S. Embassy tells us what dates they are holding
interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as they become documentarily qualified. Most appointments are set
within three months of NVC’s receipt of all requested documentation. However, before applicants in a numerically
limited (preference) visa category can receive an appointment, their priority date must also be current. This can
delay receipt of an appointment. You can track your priority date using the Visa Bulletin on travel.state.gov.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable). The
applicant can prepare now by reading about the embassy’s interview requirements online at nvc.state.gov/interview.
Thank you for your patience.

so what i understand is i need to wait for the appointment that will be send to me from NVC but when i go to the preparation PDF for Egypt, cairo interview https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/CRO - Cairo.pdf

i see the first step is the book appointment is required when i follow the link it does not talk me any where to book a date http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg/eg-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp#U.S.EmbassyAppointment

what should i do now i was planing to get my medical examination but it require to have the appointment letter so am i stuck waiting the appointment or there something i should do ?

NVC will book your interview.  After you recieve notification that it is booked you can book a medical exam with a panel physician.  You cannot do it before then.  Have it as close to the medical as you can and still recieve the results back in time.  The length of the visa validity is related directly to the validity of the medical. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

6 months.  If you end up in AP longer than that, you will have to redo it. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.