connienolee

F2A under Admin Proc due to lack of Explanation Letter

3 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! I’m Coleen and I just had my interview last Nov 6, 2017. I think my case was approved, however I have one missing document which is Explanation letter from the petitioner for not remitting taxes. So the consul gave me this 221(g) letter and told me to comply as soon as possible before he can issue my visa. Just a background of my case, the petitioner is my father and he’s unemployed ever since he set foot in the US. So, I have my sister and bro-in-law as my co-sponsors. When I had my interview, the consul wasn’t concerned of my father being unemployed and he was satisfied with my co-sponsor’s ITR and W2. But because I lack the said letter, he had to delay the issuance of the visa and placed my case on Administrative Processing. Hours after the interview, I told my dad to make a letter of explanation and when it was done, I sent it right away to the US Embassy thru 2Go courier service for free (as long as you attached letter). The following day, I got a notification from the courier that the docs had already been received by the US embassy. I checked my visa status online via CEAC, still it hasn’t been updated yet. Not until the following day when I checked again my visa status, it reflected there that my case has been recently updated (Nov 8, 2017). Went all over google to search how long will the processing take and per NVC’s instruction, usually it is resolved within 60 days. Now my concern here is I’ll be turning 21 this January 1st 2018, if I’ll wait for the allotted 2 mos processing, I will definitely age out and I might encounter some issues with the immigration. Is there any way I can “expedite” the processing, knowing my valid reason? Or has anyone here had gone through the same situation as I did, and how long did your processing took? I heard it would range from 3 days to 5 weeks to months and I couldn’t afford to wait for further because of my age. Huhuhuhu! Please anyone? I need your thoughts on this. I’m really anxious right now.

• 6 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.