Nikkosan

N-400 November 2017 Filers

1,087 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Just had my interview today at 8:30 AM and almost could not make it due to the traffic going into Milwaukee. IT WAS TERRIBLE! Got to the field office 15 minutes before the scheduled time. All the staff are super friendly. I waited there for half an hour and my name was called. The officer went through the application and asked the civic test questions. Upon approval, she told me I am placed in line for the oath ceremony. I was told that the one in July might be full now so I will need to wait for the August one. So close to the finish line and wish everyone good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, lavenderyu said:

Just had my interview today at 8:30 AM and almost could not make it due to the traffic going into Milwaukee. IT WAS TERRIBLE! Got to the field office 15 minutes before the scheduled time. All the staff are super friendly. I waited there for half an hour and my name was called. The officer went through the application and asked the civic test questions. Upon approval, she told me I am placed in line for the oath ceremony. I was told that the one in July might be full now so I will need to wait for the August one. So close to the finish line and wish everyone good luck!

Congratulations. I thought of you last night and came on here hoping to get an update from you and here it is. Thank you for the traffic heads up. Mine is tomorrow.

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 N-400 submitted online

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 NOA mailed

{Day 02}   11/18/2017 Biometrics apt scheduled

{Day 20}   12/06/2017 Biometrics done

{Day 202} 06/06/2018 Interview Scheduled

{Day 207} 06/11/2018 Interview Letter received

{Day 238} 07/12/2018 Interview Day - Approved

{Day 242} 07/16/2018 Oath Scheduled

{Day 266} 08/09/2018 Oath Ceremony - I am a US Citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Forteleo87

Got e-mail yesterday that my wife's interview has been scheduled and the letter is on it's way. This is the day after I contacted my representative and both senators in Nevada bringing up the case back log in Las Vegas. Don't know if there is a connection. I will post a reply when I find out the date. A big load off of my mind as we will now be free to make travel plans.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I pass my interview yesterday (Fairfax va) , it was a good experience. First the IO ask me the 6 civic questions, than reading and writing part, and at the end the application yes , no questions. BUT MY ONLINE STATUS DID NOT CHANGE ANY BODY KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES ,

Timeline
2 hours ago, AWB6129 said:

I pass my interview yesterday (Fairfax va) , it was a good experience. First the IO ask me the 6 civic questions, than reading and writing part, and at the end the application yes , no questions. BUT MY ONLINE STATUS DID NOT CHANGE ANY BODY KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES ,

My interview was yesterday too. and my online status in the USCIS account changed to "Approved" and "Oath ceremony will be scheduled" this morning. The case status however was changed to "Oath ceremony will be scheduled" right after my interview.

Timeline
9 hours ago, NikeS said:

Congratulations. I thought of you last night and came on here hoping to get an update from you and here it is. Thank you for the traffic heads up. Mine is tomorrow.

Thank you! It will go super smooth for you tmr! good luck :)

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, lavenderyu said:

My interview was yesterday too. and my online status in the USCIS account changed to "Approved" and "Oath ceremony will be scheduled" this morning. The case status however was changed to "Oath ceremony will be scheduled" right after my interview.

thanks for update, I will wait one day than I will call uscis , might b its because Fairfax va office is really busy.

Timeline

I had my interview today and went with my 17 mth old who kept interrupting us. Waited for about 15 mins total - 5 mins past my appointment time. She was a pleasant lady, made some comments about the new computer system and was totally gracious about my little chatterbox. 

First she took my biometrics, I swore the oath and then took the civic test. My 6 questions were:

1. What is freedom of religion

2. How many senators do we have

3. When was the constitution written

4. Name one country that borders Canada

5. At what age do men sign up for selective service

6. What ocean is on the east coast of the United States 

For reading and writing I read “who is on the dollar bill” and wrote the answer given by the IO “Washington is on the dollar bill”. 

She scanned all my answers into the computer and  then went through the yes or no questions, correcting a few errors. I signed on the iPad set up in front of me in two places - 1 for the corrections and another agreeing to take the oath of allegiance and that was it. 

I was told my oath taking will be in a month if not before. I asked why no same day oath-taking ceremonies and she explained that Wisconsin does only judicial ceremonies and the court likes to receive the names of Bose attending ahead of time in order to prepare. 

I was done in 20 mins and my profile updated on the egov site twice immediately saying my application was recommended for approval and then another saying “oath ceremony will be scheduled” 10 mins later. myuscis has no update yet. I expect that will happen tomorrow. I’m so happy to have passed the interview and be near the end.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, NikeS said:

I had my interview today and went with my 17 mth old who kept interrupting us. Waited for about 15 mins total - 5 mins past my appointment time. She was a pleasant lady, made some comments about the new computer system and was totally gracious about my little chatterbox. 

First she took my biometrics, I swore the oath and then took the civic test. My 6 questions were:

For reading and writing I read “who is on the dollar bill” and wrote the answer given by the IO “Washington is on the dollar bill”. 

She scanned all my answers into the computer and  then went through the yes or no questions, correcting a few errors. I signed on the iPad set up in front of me in two places - 1 for the corrections and another agreeing to take the oath of allegiance and that was it. 

I was told my oath taking will be in a month if not before. I asked why no same day oath-taking ceremonies and she explained that Wisconsin does only judicial ceremonies and the court likes to receive the names of Bose attending ahead of time in order to prepare. 

I was done in 20 mins and my profile updated on the egov site twice immediately saying my application was recommended for approval and then another saying “oath ceremony will be scheduled” 10 mins later. myuscis has no update yet. I expect that will happen tomorrow. I’m so happy to have passed the interview and be near the end.

Great! Congratulations! Did you jave ROC pending by any chance?

Timeline
33 minutes ago, bahamamama234 said:

Great! Congratulations! Did you jave ROC pending by any chance?

Thank you.

No I didn’t. I got a permanent green card in 2015 because by that time we had been married for almost 3 yrs. 

Edited by NikeS

51 minutes ago, NikeS said:

Congratulations on a successful interview! How was the traffic driving into Milwaukee? Were you able to find parking close by?

AOS from F-1(Married to USC
06.08.12 - AOS mailed
09.18.12 - Interview.....Approved!!

ROC- Divorce Waiver
05/09/14- I-751 packet mailed to CSC
05/12/14- NOA1 Receipt date
07/01/14- Biometrics Appt

08/11/14- RFE received

09/08/14- RFE response received by USCIS

09/22/14- 10yrs GC Approved!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Newbie608 said:

Congratulations on a successful interview! How was the traffic driving into Milwaukee? Were you able to find parking close by?

Oh yeah available parking with meters right on the street and there was no traffic driving in to Milwaukee. I was coming from the north though and took I-43. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 7/11/2018 at 11:20 AM, B & R said:

Forteleo87

Got e-mail yesterday that my wife's interview has been scheduled and the letter is on it's way. This is the day after I contacted my representative and both senators in Nevada bringing up the case back log in Las Vegas. Don't know if there is a connection. I will post a reply when I find out the date. A big load off of my mind as we will now be free to make travel plans.

That's Great! thanks for letting us know, I think I will try to do the same since I haven't heard anything at all since last year, even my Green Card ROC has been transferred to NBC and will be processed with N400. Just tired of waiting  

On 7/12/2018 at 7:39 PM, NikeS said:

Oh yeah available parking with meters right on the street and there was no traffic driving in to Milwaukee. I was coming from the north though and took I-43. 

Great! I’ll be taking I-43 as well. Good to know. Thanks

AOS from F-1(Married to USC
06.08.12 - AOS mailed
09.18.12 - Interview.....Approved!!

ROC- Divorce Waiver
05/09/14- I-751 packet mailed to CSC
05/12/14- NOA1 Receipt date
07/01/14- Biometrics Appt

08/11/14- RFE received

09/08/14- RFE response received by USCIS

09/22/14- 10yrs GC Approved!!

Timeline
On 7/12/2018 at 5:33 PM, NikeS said:

Congratulations! We might be in the same ceremony haha!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.