michellewillis

November 2017 I-751 Filers

2,169 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone received an email like the following. I am a Nov filer,  I received one like this on March 27th, and then again on April 9th.  Maybe nothing...or it may mean that they are "touching" my file...curious to find out what others have experienced.

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on February 27, 2018.

Sign in

Edited by NovaSprings

28 minutes ago, NovaSprings said:

Has anyone received an email like the following. I am a Nov filer,  I received one like this on March 27th, and then again on April 9th.  Maybe nothing...or it may mean that they are "touching" my file...curious to find out what others have experienced.

Department of Homeland Security seal

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on February 27, 2018.

Sign in

It's just their standard inactivity notification.  You can go into your settings and set inactivity notifications to off and these emails will stop.

11/07/2017 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

11/13/2017 - I-751 delivered to CSC

11/13/2017 - NOA1 Date

11/17/2017 - Received NOA Letter

11/17/2017 - Date of Biometrics Letter

11/24/2017 - Biometrics Letter received

12/08/2017 - Biometrics Appointment Date

08/16/2018 - 18 month extension letter received (dated 08/11/2018)

02/12/2019 - New Card is being Produced

02/22/2019 - 10 Year Green Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, hixsy said:

It's just their standard inactivity notification.  You can go into your settings and set inactivity notifications to off and these emails will stop.

Got it, thanks.....too bad...I had a bit of hope for a second or 2.... 

2 hours ago, NovaSprings said:

Got it, thanks.....too bad...I had a bit of hope for a second or 2.... 

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. Sadly, I don't think it's anything to get excited about. 

At least my biometrics are done. Nothing to do but wait. :wacko:

Hey, guys

I have an update on my other case. I have filed my N-400 in October 2016 under 319(b) exclusion. My husband is employed abroad by an American company. 

So, we never heard back from USCIC until end of February 2018. I was notified that they are ready to schedule me for the interview on April 4th. After the interview, I have received a standard "recommendation for approval" notice, a copy of the statement that I have lost my GC and used my extension letter to enter the country. 

The IO never asked me about my I-751 and I regret I have never mentioned it either. My I-751 status has never changed and it is the same since March 4th "your case was received by your local office". I don't understand why it wasn't adjudicated before my N-400 interview has started. I was too overwhelmed to keep a clear mind. Anyway, hopefully, they won't make me go through N-400 process again, once they find out that my I-751 wasn't approved before N-400. :unsure:

K-1 Visa Timeline!
Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guanzhou, China

I-129F Sent : 2015-01-14 I-129F NOA1 : 2015-01-16                     California SC received: 2015-01-21
I-129F NOA1 hardcopy: 2015-01-27 I-129F NOA2 : 2015-02-06   I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-02-18
NVC received: 2015-02-18 Consulate Received : 2015-02-27
Fiance received the hard mail from NVC with a new assinged number: 2015-3-3
received instructions (pkt 3): 2015-3-5 (hard mail)          
paid visa fee: 2015-3-12
received appointment letter (pkt 4): 2015-3-12 (email)    
Medical: 2015-04-03 Picked medical up: 2015-04-10
Interview Date : 2015-4-14 Interview Result :Approved   Visa Received :
2015-4-24
US Entry : 2015-5-19
Marriage : 2015-6-27

AOS:

Spoiler

filed for AOS: 2015-7-16 delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2015-7-20

Electronic NOA1: 2015-7-23 Hard copies NOA1: 2015-7-28

Biometrics appointment letter: 2015-8-1 Biometrics appointment: 2015-8-12

RFE :( 2015-8-19 RFE hard copy: 2015-8-22

Finally sent RFE back:: 2015-10-02 RFE was delivered: 2015-10-05

USCIS updated status on "request for evidence was received": 2015-10-07

Combo card is being produced: 2015-10-26 (exactly three weeks after submitting RFE)

Case status update; card was mailed: 2015-10-28 Received EAD approval letter: 2015-10-29

Combo card received: 2015-11-2 Interview scheduled: 2015-12-21 (APPROVED :dancing: )

Green card received: 2015-12-21

N-400.319(b)

Spoiler

October 17, 2016 - case filed 

October 25, 2016 - NOA1

December 19, 2016 - Biometrics at GUZ field Office 

December 2, 2017 - Inquiry about the case being outside the processing time norms

January 2, 2018 - notification regarding the inquiry being outside processing time norms, the case has not assigned yet 

February 23, 2018 - scheduled for the Interview 

March 21, 2018 -  a response was sent to my inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time

April 4, 2018 - Interview 

April 12, 2019 - in line for the Oath Ceremony

ROC

Spoiler

October 28, 2017 - filed I-751 case

November 6, 2017 - NOA1

November 20, 2017 - biometric at GUZ field office 

March 4, 2018 - status change: Your case was received by your local office 

On 4/11/2018 at 11:35 AM, Butterfly83 said:

Okay, I sent them a case inquiry since I didn't receive anything by March 29th. Though it seems like this is the same for everyone else and these websites seem to be no help, I decided to message them. Let's see what happens...

SO I got a response... Basically, they did NOT answer my question. I asked them regarding this line "If you do not receive your notice by March 29, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail." on one of the sites you can check your case. I believe many of us have seen this + haven't received anything in the mail. My address on file is correct but basically they didn't tell me if I was supposed to receive anything in the mail, if they are still sending anything or ####### is going on. Here is what they wrote:

"On 04/11/2018, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-751 to notify us of non delivery of other notice. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved. 

We have your address in our system as "XXXX" (btw. this is my correct address!) If this is not your current address please contact the USCIS Contact Center at phone number below.

Please be advised, the processing of your I-751 is within our current processing time. Please see our Web site at www.uscis.gov for processing times. 

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience."

Hi Everyone!

(new to the forum) I filed in November and I'm still waiting for any updates. I have an extension letter through January, but I'm taking a class abroad from June- September and then October-February  and I was wondering if anyone knows what's the earliest I can file for an I-55 extension? I want to ask for it right now so I don't have to worry when I travel again in October 

Thanks!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi all,

Just wanted to share our experience if it helps anyone for their future travels.. :D

We just came back from travelling abroad and my husband didn't have any issues re-entering the country with the extension letter ^_^

One customer service rep at the airport in Italy didn't understand much about the letter but then I told her to re-read the first sentence in the letter and she let him go through.

The ticketing agent, who was really nice, asked for his permanent address and the date of expiration of this extension and then entered all his data in computer system and we went off to the gate!

He didn't have any issues at the airport here either when we arrived.

...And now we patiently wait to hear some news regarding the GC... :rolleyes:

Best!

🇺🇸🇮🇹

1 hour ago, ichnusa said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to share our experience if it helps anyone for their future travels.. :D

We just came back from travelling abroad and my husband didn't have any issues re-entering the country with the extension letter ^_^

One customer service rep at the airport in Italy didn't understand much about the letter but then I told her to re-read the first sentence in the letter and she let him go through.

The ticketing agent, who was really nice, asked for his permanent address and the date of expiration of this extension and then entered all his data in computer system and we went off to the gate!

He didn't have any issues at the airport here either when we arrived.

...And now we patiently wait to hear some news regarding the GC... :rolleyes:

Best!

Thank you sharing your experience. Did your husband have his biometric done before the travel ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
22 hours ago, torres10 said:

Thank you sharing your experience. Did your husband have his biometric done before the travel ?

Hi!

He had his biometrics for Removal of Conditions done in December 2017 (just a month after we sent the application). :)

🇺🇸🇮🇹

Has anyone who was informed that their filling fees were waived, did anyone receive their payment back?  I think this ROC is a difficult and confusing process to follow due to the fact all the information is outta whack!  Different sites inform you of different things.  I was told that anyone who received a "your case is at your local office" email notification or case update is incorrect and as USCIS made an error advised they waived the filling fees.  I have no idea what is going on, but will fill N-400 in Nov 2018, I believe this is the quickest way to make the ROC process faster.  

On 5/5/2018 at 8:49 PM, beejerson805 said:

Has anyone who was informed that their filling fees were waived, did anyone receive their payment back?  I think this ROC is a difficult and confusing process to follow due to the fact all the information is outta whack!  Different sites inform you of different things.  I was told that anyone who received a "your case is at your local office" email notification or case update is incorrect and as USCIS made an error advised they waived the filling fees.  I have no idea what is going on, but will fill N-400 in Nov 2018, I believe this is the quickest way to make the ROC process faster.  

So basically, you can file for N400 one year after applying for i751 (even if the latter is still pending?) 

Any updates for November filers?

Been reading around a few other threads and people have received their delayed biometrics appointment notices or letters saying their old biometrics will be used.  Some real messed up things happening though - I saw someone from Florida with an appointment that was scheduled in California, and someone from Michigan who has an appointment scheduled in Oregon.  

Seems like something is really messed up at the moment.  Doesn't help the stress levels, that's for sure

11/07/2017 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

11/13/2017 - I-751 delivered to CSC

11/13/2017 - NOA1 Date

11/17/2017 - Received NOA Letter

11/17/2017 - Date of Biometrics Letter

11/24/2017 - Biometrics Letter received

12/08/2017 - Biometrics Appointment Date

08/16/2018 - 18 month extension letter received (dated 08/11/2018)

02/12/2019 - New Card is being Produced

02/22/2019 - 10 Year Green Card received

8 minutes ago, hixsy said:

Any updates for November filers?

Been reading around a few other threads and people have received their delayed biometrics appointment notices or letters saying their old biometrics will be used.  Some real messed up things happening though - I saw someone from Florida with an appointment that was scheduled in California, and someone from Michigan who has an appointment scheduled in Oregon.  

Seems like something is really messed up at the moment.  Doesn't help the stress levels, that's for sure

No updates on my end. We submitted my paperwork in early November and I got my biometrics done right before the Christmas holidays. 

It's shocking that people's appointments are being scheduled halfway across the country, even if it is by mistake. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.