2,950 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Zombie69 said:

Thanks for the wish, but I think unfortunately, it is going to be another 6 or 7 month wait at least, and they will adjudicate both sometimes next May or June. I have given up waiting for my 751 since my ultimate goal is 400. I highly doubt I am going to get an approval and receive my 10 year green card, if so, that will be kind of a miracle,lol 

Really that long?  I haven't looked at N400 so I don't know the processing times regarding it.   I will be filing for it in Feb and I am still unsure what the criteria for filing online is.  I haven't heard that the N400 holds up the ROC application other than the petition probably needs to be sent to your local office to be adjudicated?  (well I think).   Hmm, I find the N400 thread hard to follow as I think (perhaps wrongly), it is connected to your local field office?  Roc is easier to follow on here as it goes on the month you filed.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
58 minutes ago, shell20 said:

Really that long?  I haven't looked at N400 so I don't know the processing times regarding it.   I will be filing for it in Feb and I am still unsure what the criteria for filing online is.  I haven't heard that the N400 holds up the ROC application other than the petition probably needs to be sent to your local office to be adjudicated?  (well I think).   Hmm, I find the N400 thread hard to follow as I think (perhaps wrongly), it is connected to your local field office?  Roc is easier to follow on here as it goes on the month you filed.

Yes, i am expecting another 6 or 7 months wait because on VJ, none of the June and July filers with 400 pending have been 751 approved. It is a pattern and a trend, the 400 filers with 751 pending all got skipped over for their 751 so far, and that trend is likely going to continue to August filers and beyond(I am talking about CSC) I have been in line for an interview since 9/28(400). According to processing times of L.A office, it takes them about 9 to 10 months to process 400, and my NOA for 400 is 8/11, so my 400 has been pending for almost 3 months, so I am guessing another 6 or 7 months, I will get an interview letter and I will go to the interview or possibly dual interviews(751 and 400), and hopefully I will be done right at the office on the spot. I assume when my i got an update for my 400 saying it was in line for interview, I think that means my 400 was already in the L.A field office, but who knows? And I have no idea where my 751 is. I assume is should also be at the field office by now, but I could be easily wrong. Nobody knows how USCIS works internally except the adjudicators. As far as you are concerned, you are a VSC filer, so more than likely you will get your 751 approval probably before or right at the time when you become eligible for 400. CSC is the one that has been delayed in such a never before seen fashion. VSC has always taken 1 year or 1 month or so over the years and this year it is no different.  CSC this year seems to be taking 1 year and 4 to 5 months. I would not deny it stings a bit knowing my 751 is more than likely to be skipped over due to 400, but my goal is 400, and I might just become naturalized around the same time as you since you are going to file on line, it may speed up your interview scheduling by 60 percent. That is how slow CSC is compared to VSC. We might become U.S citizens at the same time, I am kind of betting on it,lol

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline

New update on Processing times: CSC is currently processing applications filed on 8/3/2016. So close to my NOA date(8/8/2016)and I will probably be skipped over due to my pending 400. :( Good news in general for August filers anyway. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I applied for my 10year green card on May 2016, after 13 months of waiting I got a RFE letter, I sent my RFE and N400 at the same on July 2017

I called USCIS numerous times, which each time they sent me a letter that we get back to you with answer for I751 in 60days and if you haven't heard anything from us, call us back.

I can say, I officially gave up on USCIS ( whoever answers the phone)

my N400 is in line for an interview which is more important to me than I751.

I have a question for IRS transcript I got them online from their website, is there any differences by getting them by mail?

Can someone confirm if I am correctly understanding the implications of filing the N400 as soon as possible while I-751 is still pending?

We just applied for the I-751, my NOA is dated December 1st 2017. This is at CSC. I am looking at the dates and it looks like they are currently processing July/August 2016 applications. That is a roughly 1 year 5 month timeframe if they keep the same pace. 

I believe my field office for N400 would be San Antonio. The processing date for N400 is February 2017, is it correct that this means there is about a 10 month timeframe right now for N400 to be completed?

If I filed N400 around December 1st 2018, is it correct that I would in theory only be adding 5 months to the total process and then we would be done with everything?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Still pending, went to an info pass last week. They told me they are merging my two applications together and they are currently at NBC. I still take what they say with a grain of salt. Anyone who is in a similar situation? Please share.

Timeline
On 12/15/2017 at 4:04 PM, LTGermany said:

Can someone confirm if I am correctly understanding the implications of filing the N400 as soon as possible while I-751 is still pending?

We just applied for the I-751, my NOA is dated December 1st 2017. This is at CSC. I am looking at the dates and it looks like they are currently processing July/August 2016 applications. That is a roughly 1 year 5 month timeframe if they keep the same pace. 

I believe my field office for N400 would be San Antonio. The processing date for N400 is February 2017, is it correct that this means there is about a 10 month timeframe right now for N400 to be completed?

If I filed N400 around December 1st 2018, is it correct that I would in theory only be adding 5 months to the total process and then we would be done with everything?

Thanks!

That is about right. Yes, if your ultimate goal is 400, then it will take about 10 months the minute you file 400 whether the 751 is pending or not.

48 minutes ago, Zombie69 said:

That is about right. Yes, if your ultimate goal is 400, then it will take about 10 months the minute you file 400 whether the 751 is pending or not.

You might want to see this that i have just spotted in July ROC 2016 filers,  it gives hope only took 5 months from filing online until Oath of Allegiance later this month.

N-400 Filed Online: 08-28-2017

N-400 NOA1 Date: 08-29-2017

N-400 Biometrics Appointment: 09-22-2017

Status Changed to Interview Scheduled: 09-22-2017

Status Change to Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed: 11-15-2017

N-400 Interview: 12-20-2017 - APPROVED!

Oath of Allegiance Scheduled: 12-29-2017

Oath of Allegiance: 01-18-2018 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, shell20 said:

You might want to see this that i have just spotted in July ROC 2016 filers,  it gives hope only took 5 months from filing online until Oath of Allegiance later this month.

N-400 Filed Online: 08-28-2017

N-400 NOA1 Date: 08-29-2017

N-400 Biometrics Appointment: 09-22-2017

Status Changed to Interview Scheduled: 09-22-2017

Status Change to Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed: 11-15-2017

N-400 Interview: 12-20-2017 - APPROVED!

Oath of Allegiance Scheduled: 12-29-2017

Oath of Allegiance: 01-18-2018 

Yup, applying on line may give you a very quick interview date, but it still varies from office to office. In LA, everyone seems to be treated equally whether you file on line or not. It is such an unfair way of processing, but I personally have gotten over it, it is what it is, I would have probably applied on line if I knew, but I do not know how I would have been able to submit so much evidence for bona fide marriage. 5 more months for me, not far away. At least I have been in line for an interview for 4 months!

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
5 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

Yup, applying on line may give you a very quick interview date, but it still varies from office to office. In LA, everyone seems to be treated equally whether you file on line or not. It is such an unfair way of processing, but I personally have gotten over it, it is what it is, I would have probably applied on line if I knew, but I do not know how I would have been able to submit so much evidence for bona fide marriage. 5 more months for me, not far away. At least I have been in line for an interview for 4 months!

Dear Zombie, I understand how long you been waiting.  @shell20 Shell told me soon we will see some robust processing from CSC. I do believe her words :)

Timeline
2 hours ago, Name O Boy said:

Dear Zombie, I understand how long you been waiting.  @shell20 Shell told me soon we will see some robust processing from CSC. I do believe her words :)

From her mouth to god's ear..and thanks for the encouragement. .However, I have been waiting this long, another 5 or 6 months is not going to matter. I don't want to let this mess stress me out. It will be our turn eventually.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

From her mouth to god's ear..and thanks for the encouragement. .However, I have been waiting this long, another 5 or 6 months is not going to matter. I don't want to let this mess stress me out. It will be our turn eventually.

Hurry, bring on more wait time. You are now immune to the waiting you could wait longer than ever :lol:

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

Hurry, bring on more wait time. You are now immune to the waiting you could wait longer than ever :lol:

But if in 6 months I still do not hear anything, I will eventually lose patience, and might have to be forced to go about a class action lawsuit, god, I hope it won't come to that.

8 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

But if in 6 months I still do not hear anything, I will eventually lose patience, and might have to be forced to go about a class action lawsuit, god, I hope it won't come to that.

It wont come to that. I am feeling very positive that there will be fast movement with CSC. Not sure about LA, but I don't see that they will take longer than a year as the N400 is given priority over ROC.  Keep the faith my friend, tomorrow the sun will shine and before you know it you will be a citizen of the USA. 

Edited by shell20

Timeline
2 hours ago, shell20 said:

It wont come to that. I am feeling very positive that there will be fast movement with CSC. Not sure about LA, but I don't see that they will take longer than a year as the N400 is given priority over ROC.  Keep the faith my friend, tomorrow the sun will shine and before you know it you will be a citizen of the USA. 

You are probably right. The processing times for LA field office is about 10 months these days, the good news I have 5 more months to go, not really that far away. Thanks for the encouragement, you will eventually get there too, we all will.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.