Approved: July 19, 2018

Oath: Aug 22, 2018 

Parent's Journey

I-130 Sent: Aug 22, 2018 (to AZ)

Tracking received: Aug 23, 2018

NOA1: 09-03-2018 (Case to Texas)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

if the uscis  website site showing the date you should request for inquiry as Nov 27 2016 does that means they working on November cases or December?

59 minutes ago, aidenme said:

if the uscis  website site showing the date you should request for inquiry as Nov 27 2016 does that means they working on November cases or December?

I’m January I751 , I tried to file an inquiry for my case but it didn’t allow me to do so , I think we should wait the time process even though they are working on February 2018

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Asilarmani said:

I’m January I751 , I tried to file an inquiry for my case but it didn’t allow me to do so , I think we should wait the time process even though they are working on February 2018

Wow I filed in January 20. As well   Do you mean they working on February now ?? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Lordofemrys said:

Just a quick Update. Its official im a united States Citizen yaaaaa

Congratulations! Please vote in November, this country needs your vote!

Timeline
3 hours ago, aidenme said:

Wow I filed in January 20. As well   Do you mean they working on February now ?? 

If CSC is handling your case, it is going to be a long time as it has been backed up for quite a while.  If you apply for CSC without applying for 400 when you are eligible for it, it will be about 18 to 20.5 months, if you apply for 400 while 751 is pending, it will be anywhere from 17 months  to 2 years and 9.5 months. Inevitably, by the time you are eligible for 400, your 751 will probably still be pending, you can go ahead and apply for 400, they will probably combine both and adjudicate both. Either way, it is going to be a while, especially under Trump, it is getting more difficult and he has purposely slowed down or tried to stop the legal immigration. And also the new policy will start on 9/11/2018 where the adjudicators can just deny you without giving you the second chance or RFE. Good luck, it will be a long journey, but it is important to use the limited resources provided by USCIS and monitor the process of your cases. Good luck.

Timeline
3 hours ago, aidenme said:

Jesus Christ this is crazy I really don’t know what to do it’s 18month already and yes I file for N400 at the end of April.  

Just have to hang in there. It is always a waste of time to do service requests. You can hire a lawyer to do the mandumous where you petition a federal judge to force USCIS to adjudicate if the judge agrees there are unreasonable delays, but that will be an expensive endeavor. Also the processing time for 751/400 is 17 months to 2 years and 9 months. Maybe congressional involvement. Good luck. Trump has been incremental slowing down or attempting to stop legal immigration. That is also a big problem. Trump's new memorandum that will start on 9/11/2018 also suggests to USCIS to eliminate REF and reject applicants if the evidence is insufficient and places applicants in deportation proceedings. Pretty scary. Good luck.

Edited by Zombie69

Timeline
11 hours ago, Zombie69 said:

If CSC is handling your case, it is going to be a long time as it has been backed up for quite a while.  If you apply for CSC without applying for 400 when you are eligible for it, it will be about 18 to 20.5 months, if you apply for 400 while 751 is pending, it will be anywhere from 17 months  to 2 years and 9.5 months. Inevitably, by the time you are eligible for 400, your 751 will probably still be pending, you can go ahead and apply for 400, they will probably combine both and adjudicate both. Either way, it is going to be a while, especially under Trump, it is getting more difficult and he has purposely slowed down or tried to stop the legal immigration. And also the new policy will start on 9/11/2018 where the adjudicators can just deny you without giving you the second chance or RFE. Good luck, it will be a long journey, but it is important to use the limited resources provided by USCIS and monitor the process of your cases. Good luck.

Thank you so much bro I don’t know if there is anybody on here file in January 2017 to California have heard something ....just trying to see if it’s everybody not just me and info pass won’t give no available appointment 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, aidenme said:

Thank you so much bro I don’t know if there is anybody on here file in January 2017 to California have heard something ....just trying to see if it’s everybody not just me and info pass won’t give no available appointment 

Sure. The majority of CSC applicants who got approved all waited for 1 year and 6 months or more, so hopefully you are getting close.. Fingers crossed.

25 minutes ago, aidenme said:

Have you heard anything from your N400 case yet? I am an October 2016 filer for 751, I didn't hear anything from 751 before I attended the n400 interview.   

I-130 / I-485

Package Sent: Apr 04, 2014

NOA1: Apr 15, 2014

Biometrics: May 16, 2014

Interview: Aug 17, 2014

Approved: Dec 04, 2014

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Oct 11, 2016

NOA1: Nov 05, 2016

Biometrics: Nov 16, 2016

Interview: May 01, 2018

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Feb 09, 2018 (Online)

NOA: Feb 24, 2018

Biometrics: Mar 15, 2018

Parent's Journey

Timeline
59 minutes ago, veronchu said:

Have you heard anything from your N400 case yet? I am an October 2016 filer for 751, I didn't hear anything from 751 before I attended the n400 interview.   

Thank you so much. God bless you 

1 hour ago, Pump said:

The CSC received my 1-751 way back in June 2016...over two years later and I'm still waiting. 

I submitted my N-400 in July 2017 soon after I became eligible. I don't believe the info above that the wait time for combo I-751/N-400 is 2 years and 9 months. There have been plenty of cases on visajourney where others have gotten approved with double interviews in much shorter times. I submitted my first ever service request last month to inquire why my case has been forgotten about. I received an automated email telling me to expect a response by July 18....that date has obviously now passed and still no response.

I think my problem is that I've been too passive. I waited patiently for over 2 years thinking that USCIS would process the cases in the order they were received but this is obviously not the case. It appears the only way to get things done is to hound USCIS with calls and emails everyday. I called the USCIS phone number (1-800-375-5283, correct?) but only got the robot options. I guess I need to call Mon-Fri to speak to a human? I've also read that I need to speak to a tier 2 officer to speak to someone who can access my case file? Any tips on how to get to tier 2? I'd rather not have to bother contacting my congressman but I'm reaching the end of my patience.

It’s really a long time. I would schedule an info pass ASAP. I assume your i551 stamp is expired or close to expired?

I-130 / I-485

Package Sent: Apr 04, 2014

NOA1: Apr 15, 2014

Biometrics: May 16, 2014

Interview: Aug 17, 2014

Approved: Dec 04, 2014

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Oct 11, 2016

NOA1: Nov 05, 2016

Biometrics: Nov 16, 2016

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Feb 09, 2018 (Online)

NOA: Feb 24, 2018

Biometrics: Mar 15, 2018

Parent's Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.