AdilRegina

Financial Support

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have just got back from Morocco and my finance got engaged. I am planning to find job in the next few weeks or month. My mom is willing to joint sponsor us. She is retired and has a pension and social security.  Her retirement is 36,000 per year. Will this be sufficient for a cosponser.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It depends on how many people she will be supporting with that income, and sometimes depends on what state you live in. 

If you have only visited your fiance once I would strongly suggest you go more times before you file. At least once or twice. The few coupkes who have gottem apprived who have gotten their fiance here on K1 from Morocco and they generally had many visits together, or the Moroccan was female. Whereas I know maybe a dozen or more, myself included, whose fiance did not get K1 visa

There are many Facebook groups, in both English and Darija where the difficulties in obtaining K1 and Cr1 from Morocco are discussed frequently. If you want any direct links, send me an email.  I'm not trying to be negative, just trying to give advice that would have made a huge difference to me over a year ago when we first started this long journey. 

Timeline

Ok. But what do you do if you are working a full time job. It seems unreasonable to keep going there in a year's time. But if that is what is best I will take your advice. My mom's income is way above the poverty level income on government website for 3 people. Maybe I can work temporary work and go back in 3 to 6 months. I want to be safe so if this is what I need to do I will do that. Thank you for your advice and I would love the Facebook groups. Best of luck to you and your fiancé. By the way did you have to refile again? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I work a full time job and visited Morocco 4 additional times after meeting my fiancé, who is now my husband. The additional visits were short (about 1 week each on average), but it seemed like the many visits really helped at the interview.

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i made 5 visits of 1, 2, 3, 3 and 1 month 

not only visits but age difference is big challenge

but the income ?  personal questions as i ran into this?

does she do tax returns?  if so, NVC looks only at line 37 taxable income

i had untaxable income and had to pay (a good attorney) $300 to file forms to get all income included / i was well over the 125% 

mine was not SS which is usually untaxable but monies left to me by late husband but the lawyer said he needed to fill the form he used out in the same way he would do for untaxble income

if u run into an issue with this at NVC stage write me a personal note and i will share the form with u

and BTW if just doing application you can use letter of emploement from you expected employer

YOu may also find out that getting K1 approved in Casa is very difficult so think about a return trip to marry in your future when applying for that job /be sure employer knows you may have to take time off for this

good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

For a household size of 3, the 125% is around $25k.

One might wonder why you won't be able to swing being a sole sponsor with a full time job?  It is about $9.70/hour.   Starting wage for fast food workers is $11/hour here.   It is probably better for your future that you work on finding a career or advancement in your job, rather than worrying about immigration and traveling back to Morocco at the moment.  If he loves you, he'd 100% understand that.

Edited by N-o-l-a

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline
1 hour ago, N-o-l-a said:

For a household size of 3, the 125% is around $25k.

One might wonder why you won't be able to swing being a sole sponsor with a full time job?  It is about $9.70/hour.   Starting wage for fast food workers is $11/hour here.   It is probably better for your future that you work on finding a career or advancement in your job, rather than worrying about immigration and traveling back to Morocco at the moment.  If he loves you, he'd 100% understand that.

Yes I plan on getting a job. But I didn't know how many months of employment I needed to show financial support. So in the interim While starting the K1 visa 29F would I need my mom as a joint sponser. I fully interned to get a 25 to 20 dollar an hour job with customer service or Administrative Assistsnt job. Just I wanted s back up if it was going to take awhile to find good job.😀 Thank you for your response.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.