Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, sabrina2011 said:

Hi Everyone, 

So my father in law had his Ir-5 interview, petitioned by my husband, last year Feb 2018. He was given DS-5535 a day after the interview. They told him he doesn't need to submit any additional documentation. Within the last year, we were not requested to provide any updated documentation. 

We contacted our senator for a case update when we reached the one year AP mark on Feb 2019.

In the last 2 weeks, CEAC showed multiple updates. Today we received an email that my father in law has been requested to appear for a re-interview on April 24, 2019 and to print this letter as an appointment letter. The letter does not state if he needs to bring any updated documentation.

So anyone have any input what this can mean?

Should we b e proactive and have him do another medical, updated documents? If so, which ones?

Congratulation dear for get a response and for get out from such a long administrative processing. So your father in law will need an new medical report .because medical expired in 6 months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, sabrina2011 said:

Hi Everyone, 

So my father in law had his Ir-5 interview, petitioned by my husband, last year Feb 2018. He was given DS-5535 a day after the interview. They told him he doesn't need to submit any additional documentation. Within the last year, we were not requested to provide any updated documentation. 

We contacted our senator for a case update when we reached the one year AP mark on Feb 2019.

In the last 2 weeks, CEAC showed multiple updates. Today we received an email that my father in law has been requested to appear for a re-interview on April 24, 2019 and to print this letter as an appointment letter. The letter does not state if he needs to bring any updated documentation.

So anyone have any input what this can mean?

Should we b e proactive and have him do another medical, updated documents? If so, which ones?

Don't get a new medical or any other things done until the embassy tells you to. At the interview tell your father in law to ask when they want him to redo his medical and any other documents that are expired. There was this one person who had a second interview and still has to wait.. it's been couple of months. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, paki-guy said:

They may  want to re-take his finger print. Is there anything special happened on 1st interview?

Agreed with Mia 12392

Nope, the first interview was very textbook. He's my husband's biological father, his parents have never been divorced, no other marriages etc.

He does have a travel history to middle eastern countries since he is a shia muslim, but so has my husband (who I sponsored after our marriage from Pakistan) and my mother in law (she had a visitors visa to the US and then we applied for her adjustment of status, she is now a permanent resident).

Not sure why his case is taking so long, or why she'd call for another interview but haven't requested updated documents. I know a lot of marriage based or fiance visa's do have a second interview. not sure why for an IR-5, I am yet to come across a similar situation. Hope someone could share their experience. We have our fingers crossed and hoping the end of AP is near. 

Edited by sabrina2011

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Aj3 said:

Hi Guys, hope you are all well. I asked for the return of my wife's passport almost 2 weeks ago. Multiple messages sent to embassy through online inquiry form but still they have not responded. Please guide us. Thanks 

Dont worry. You will receive her passport in about 20 days. I had the same experience in feb as I asked for the return of my passport  on 16 feb and didnt get any response from the embassy but got  my passport on 5th of March. 

Just hang tight . In the meantime, you can check the status of her passport here by simply putting her passport Number.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/pk-niv-passporttrack.asp

On 4/23/2019 at 1:55 PM, M.Hassan Khan said:

Dont worry. You will receive her passport in about 20 days. I had the same experience in feb as I asked for the return of my passport  on 16 feb and didnt get any response from the embassy but got  my passport on 5th of March. 

Just hang tight . In the meantime, you can check the status of her passport here by simply putting her passport Number.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/pk-niv-passporttrack.asp

Thanks for responding. In the link, the passport number was entered and not found. It has been more than 2 weeks no response from them. I have no idea what we can do.

On 3/4/2019 at 7:41 AM, paki-guy said:

Make sure joint sponsor is uploaded properly and showing in their system. E-mail ISL embassy or call NVC for confirmation.

Keep looking their website for any updates, it it happens in few weeks then you will get visa by March 31,2019.

Aoa thank you vj family and paki guy, for your support. Today it’s showing issued. Alhamdullilah 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 4/26/2019 at 11:20 AM, Azra zahid said:

Aoa thank you vj family and paki guy, for your support. Today it’s showing issued. Alhamdullilah 

Congrats great great news, hope all of us get the same news Soon.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Haseeb alam said:

Dears Bros 

Please also Pray for me i am in administrative processing since 13 months. I was asked to submit joint sponsor i have submitted after 5 days of interview. Now still waiting

Don't worry bro soon you will get a big News and keep praying, this AP is really a black hole nobody knows or predict we can only pray for each other . God bless us.

Congrats for the wonderful news. Have a good life ahead.

Can you please tell us about your whole case scenario till date ? 

Like Since when were you in AP?

Did u get DS-5535?

When was the interview ?

Etc etc.

Edited by M.Hassan Khan

Timeline

Many Congratulations, it's a wonderful news that soon you will be with your loved ones, God bless you.

Timeline
Just now, Rashid patras said:

Many Congratulations, it's a wonderful news that soon you will be with your loved ones, God bless you.

Hi all vj members , well I have just checked on ceac my case has updated today maybe it's just because last week I have courier missing docs and sent mail for case inquiry, what do you say!!

Stay safe everyone and God bless all of us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.