Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sam! said:

Thanks. Yea my husband’s visa category is IR1. Updated ds-260. He took his second medical on 15Jan and  received this email on Jan 25  about re-oath I thought they will give us date but no . Dun know how much more time it will take? 

It depends on embassy wait few days or send them inquiry 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AOA,

I hope everyone are doing well. Did anyone receive visa after they open. I am still waiting on my parents visa, my mother visa is ready and here is their response. i got this response on April 7 and since then no response from them. I sent inquiry but no response and i did contact my congressman last week. anyone got parents visa? please update. my father case is still in AP since June 2017...

hank you for your query. Our record indicates that this case was frozen and temporarily refused due to the Presidential Proclamation which was extended until March 31, 2021. We request that you wait for assistance as we begin opening up processing on visa cases that were frozen for over a year. When assistance is available and we are able to move forward with this case, our office will contact you with further instructions on which documents may have expired and what the next steps are. If you do not hear anything from our office within 6 months of this response, please send us a follow up inquiry.

Prepare to experience significant delays in visa issuance.  As of March 17, 2020, the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad suspended routine visa services due to COVID-19 concerns and severely reduced staffing.  We will fully resume routine services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 7/26/2021 at 10:29 AM, Ehsan2003 said:

Hello Guys, Can you please let me know how to send Inquiry through congressman In Nyc or any other state. Thanks.

for NYC use this link - fill the form

https://www.schumer.senate.gov/services/help/immigration

Hope this help

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

AOA everyone, I hope everyone are doing ok out there.. I finally receive a response from US Embassy Islamabad, and here is the response

We will forward your case for officer review and will get back to you for case requirements. We hope that this information is helpful.

My parents case has been in AP since June 2017. Did anyone receive any response from embassy since their case were in AP?

• 1 month later...
Timeline

AOA. so i finally got email from Embassy to submit new medical, new passport, visa photo for my mother. My Question do they send the old passport back to the applicant when renewing the passport? and how do you submit the medial back to embassy? Can someone please response me. thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.