aussiewench

A few more questions, DCF Sydney

226 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

OMG I'll have to tell him that - he'll die :) We always watch the grande final together (cause he's always in the states) but I USED to have digital cable. Fox Sports aired it. We don't have the money for that now.

ANY questions about changing your name - i can answer. I've finally changed it on EVERYTHING. Let me know if I can help YOU with something for once :) :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Its just frustrating because until I get my new SSN card, I cant do any of the IMPORTANT stuff really, like the bank accounts and drivers licence. Thats the part Im worried about finishing, and then getting Scott on everything. We have to wait for his number as well. Its another one of those sit and wait things, I think... lol

The picture streaming it off the web is pretty good!! And Scott figured out how to connect the laptop to the TV so we can watch on a bigger screen in surround sound!! Its a good deal really!

February 13, 2006:VISA APPROVED!!!!

November 18, 2006: Mia Grace is born

May 30, 2008: 10 year Greencard approved

Timeline

I wish he could come hook mine up like that - Stewart would literally die. I might surprise him with that.

yeah SSN is a pain - BUT mine took 5 mins to change and 5 days to get to me

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

Well, I just did it yesterday, and everythings on hold till I get the actual card. I hope mine comes as fast as yours did!!!

We made our first major household purchase the other day. A Sony Surround Sound System for the lounge. Its so fun!

Timeline

that is so exciting :)

our first major purchase...and of course this was done without him here...was our condo :)

I can't wait for our "normal" life to begin :)

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

The best parts for me so far..

NOT having to deal with timezone differences or dial a long distance number. I can call him whenever I want!!

Not waking up alone.

Having him make me a cuppa at night and sitting on the couch and not saying a word, but knowing he is there.

Life is freaking blissful right now.

Timeline

When we're together, he always makes me breakfast. i can't wait for that.

I love waking up next to him. I can't wait for that.

I love just sitting with him watching tv...just knowing he's there. I can't wait for that.

I just can't wait to be with him without the impending sense of..."how many more days til he leaves..."

:) I know it will be pure bliss. I'm so glad you are happy Mellie - you desreve it. Hey are the kids ecstatic? I bet they're loving having him home.

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

The kids.... geez... bringing them together with him was an AMAZING thing... and the only other thing I can say is that Im really glad that I had him to myself for three weeks or I would be having some SERIOUS sharing him with them issues right now... LOL.

I know what you mean about being with him without the impending sense of "when is he leaving" or "how many more days do we have left." Everything just relaxes. Theres no pressure to do everything in a certain amount of time, and life takes on a sense of just... comfort...

:) You will get there girl.... SO soon!! Keep your chin up!!

Timeline
You guys are so cute. Newlyweds, geez!

:P:P

So does that mean your all cold and clammy with Natalia now?? I BET NOT!!!! :lol:

You guys are so cute. Newlyweds, geez!

:P:P

So does that mean your all cold and clammy with Natalia now?? I BET NOT!!!! :lol:

Ha, no everything is still hot and steamy. Whoa, too many details! Ha.

I'm just glad to see my fellow aussie friends getting their dreams answered.

I love my job.

Okay, I've been reading all of these posts and my heart is getting more and more hopeful.

Thank you for sharing your stories. I've just posted some questions about DCF on a different topic and I'm really hoping this can happen. It seems like if you've married an Aussie, this is the way to bring them home!

Thanks for giving me hope. It's a pleasure to cyber-meet you!

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

2/7/06 I-130 rcvd by NSC, according to FedEx

2/23/06 Discovered DCF option

2/25/06 Sent rqst for Packet to Sydney consulate

2/27/06 I-797C rcvd = rejected due to insufficient funds

2/27/06 Syd Cons. responded

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/6/06 Police check filed

3/9/06 X-Ray completed/Physical completed/ Vaccination & bloodwork started

3/12/06 US 2005 taxes done: Refund pays for the plane ticket!!

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/20/06 Medical update = No Vaccines Needed

3/22/06 Police Report Received

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

3/30/06 I-130 & I-864 Approved!

4/11/06 Visa Interview Scheduled

Timeline
Okay, I've been reading all of these posts and my heart is getting more and more hopeful.

Thank you for sharing your stories. I've just posted some questions about DCF on a different topic and I'm really hoping this can happen. It seems like if you've married an Aussie, this is the way to bring them home!

Thanks for giving me hope. It's a pleasure to cyber-meet you!

It is the way to go!! Seems from your signature though you have already filed for a K3??? Is this the same person who emailed me today?? lol.

I dont know if you can cancel the K3 and then do the DCF?? Im sure that someone will answer that question and I wouldnt see why you couldnt. You would do all of the filing of paperwork through the consulate in Sydney. It is MUCH faster to DCF than it is to do a K3!!

And it nice to cyber-meet you as well!!

Timeline

mellie's the old timer, expert now :)

I definitely agree DCF is so much faster. If you can do it, and in Australia we can, then DO IT!

Mellie talked me into it, I talkked her into it...it's all good.

where is your husband from?

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Sorry I've been MIA for a little while, but things have been soooo HECTIC!!

Update: Only 2 more weeks or so until our interview @ Sydney and we finally almost have all our paperwork together. I won one family court case, and only have one more to win now! So we're going ahead with all 3 DCF's as planned, and just waiting on permission to take my eldest to the US. Oh, and some more happy news... WE"RE PREGNANT!!!!!

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.