aussiewench

A few more questions, DCF Sydney

226 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
Lemon and ginger tea! Huge cure-all! I highly recommend it. Actual real lemon, sliced with actual real ginger root, also sliced. Dump them into boiling water. If you like it, add honey. Drink till you feel better. It kicks colds pretty well. Get some rest, too.

Thanks!! I will have to try that one!! Where do I get real actual ginger root in the states is my next question???

February 13, 2006:VISA APPROVED!!!!

November 18, 2006: Mia Grace is born

May 30, 2008: 10 year Greencard approved

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lemon and ginger tea! Huge cure-all! I highly recommend it. Actual real lemon, sliced with actual real ginger root, also sliced. Dump them into boiling water. If you like it, add honey. Drink till you feel better. It kicks colds pretty well. Get some rest, too.

Thanks!! I will have to try that one!! Where do I get real actual ginger root in the states is my next question???

I'm on the west coast so I can find it in the grocery store produce section. It's possible that you can find it there, too, without having to go to a specialty store. Just ask a produce person to point you in the right direction. If you haven't bought it before it's sometimes strange to find. It just looks like a brown root of some kind. Wonderful for grating up in stir-fry too! :)

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

2/7/06 I-130 rcvd by NSC, according to FedEx

2/23/06 Discovered DCF option

2/25/06 Sent rqst for Packet to Sydney consulate

2/27/06 I-797C rcvd = rejected due to insufficient funds

2/27/06 Syd Cons. responded

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/6/06 Police check filed

3/9/06 X-Ray completed/Physical completed/ Vaccination & bloodwork started

3/12/06 US 2005 taxes done: Refund pays for the plane ticket!!

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/20/06 Medical update = No Vaccines Needed

3/22/06 Police Report Received

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

3/30/06 I-130 & I-864 Approved!

4/11/06 Visa Interview Scheduled

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

My advice is to ask them. EVeryone who e-mails them during the business day gets a reply right away.

Ask them.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Hi all,

Quick question...is it possible to get the US Embassy in Australia to send me the Packet 3 in Singapore? Or do I have to have an Australian mailing address? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Yeah what Karo said. I bet you have to be in Oz, it would cost some money to have it sent to Singapore. Maybe if you paid at delivery?

Sean you've been pretty quiet recently...what's going on with you?

Busy busy busy! I let things pile up on my desk at times, and they catch up eventually. Right now I'm just swamped with stuff, in addition to that I'm changing some jobs and that means more work.

Other things going on:

Last night here in St. Louis it was 70 degrees and we went on a picnic complete with wine, candlelight, music, and honey bbq chicken. It was great.

My dog still has a limp, I'm starting to worry, but it is gradually getting better. Her name is Aspen and if you wanna see her click on my pictures. She's a good girl most of the time.

Natalia and I are planning a trip to Colorado Springs to see the original Aussie in my family. My sister married one (that's how I met my wife) and they live out there now. So we might go there Memorial Day. Weather would be nice I reckon!

Um, anything else? Ummmmm....Cardinals spring training down there in St. Petersburg...getting excited. The new Busch Stadium is going up slow, it'll be interesting to see if they get it done in time.

Mardi Gras parade was last weekend....St. Louis has the 2nd biggest parade in the States, behind the obvious New Orleans. It's a good time and a customer of my bank provided me with free booze and food. That was fun, but Natalia didn't like it, due to it being a bunch of drunks in a big crowd. So I took her to Central WEst End two nights ago to make up for it. That's her favorite place in St. Louis right now. Small shops, tea bar, good restaurants, pretty setting. Good stuff.

Alright that's it. Back to work!

I love my job.

Timeline

awww what a good husband you are Sean. Sounds so fun!! :) You have been busy.

I do nothing but go to work, go to class, talk to stewart, watch reality TV. I'm lame. We did go out after class last night to the Cheesecake Factory. It was fun but our waitress sucks. We started out thinking 7 would go, and only 6 did....and she auto grat'ed our ticket (meaning she automatically added a 18% tip...) THe menu states it will be done for parties of 7 or more...I thought that was pretty shady.

oh well.

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline

tipping here sux. they don't care about the service they provide because a tip is expected.

in australia, if they do a good job of serving and the food is good then they get a tip. if it's not, they don't. i wish it was that easy here but i suppose that's what you get for a low minimum wage.

matt

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

Timeline

i went to the driving range yesterday and was worse than before...but i expected that. i have my next lesson in a week and a half so i'll see how i go then.

matt

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

Timeline

Urgent news: I've gone mad. I think this time away from Stewart has made me insane because I AGREED TO TRAIN WITH HIM TO RUN A HALF MARATHON.

He was a cross country runner in HS, I was only a soccer player, a bad ### soccer player, but just a soccer player. Caroline does not like to run unless a soccer ball is at her feet or someone is chasing her...

But I agreed to do this with him.

I must be mad.

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Urgent news: I've gone mad. I think this time away from Stewart has made me insane because I AGREED TO TRAIN WITH HIM TO RUN A HALF MARATHON.

He was a cross country runner in HS, I was only a soccer player, a bad ### soccer player, but just a soccer player. Caroline does not like to run unless a soccer ball is at her feet or someone is chasing her...

But I agreed to do this with him.

I must be mad.

:lol: Or in love! Mozzies and Marathons . . . what we do for love. :lol:

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

2/7/06 I-130 rcvd by NSC, according to FedEx

2/23/06 Discovered DCF option

2/25/06 Sent rqst for Packet to Sydney consulate

2/27/06 I-797C rcvd = rejected due to insufficient funds

2/27/06 Syd Cons. responded

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/6/06 Police check filed

3/9/06 X-Ray completed/Physical completed/ Vaccination & bloodwork started

3/12/06 US 2005 taxes done: Refund pays for the plane ticket!!

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/20/06 Medical update = No Vaccines Needed

3/22/06 Police Report Received

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

3/30/06 I-130 & I-864 Approved!

4/11/06 Visa Interview Scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.