aussiewench

A few more questions, DCF Sydney

226 posts in this topic

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mellie's the old timer, expert now :)

I definitely agree DCF is so much faster. If you can do it, and in Australia we can, then DO IT!

Mellie talked me into it, I talkked her into it...it's all good.

where is your husband from?

My husband's from Sydney. (Took me a bit to respond, still getting used to the new posts being at the bottom of the forum list . . . )

We filed the I-130 only so far, haven't been able to start the K3 yet. It seems like we can go ahead with the DCF and cancel whatever we have started here at the last minute, if need be.

I've already got lots done on this side of the ocean! Now to get my sweetie started!!

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

2/7/06 I-130 rcvd by NSC, according to FedEx

2/23/06 Discovered DCF option

2/25/06 Sent rqst for Packet to Sydney consulate

2/27/06 I-797C rcvd = rejected due to insufficient funds

2/27/06 Syd Cons. responded

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/6/06 Police check filed

3/9/06 X-Ray completed/Physical completed/ Vaccination & bloodwork started

3/12/06 US 2005 taxes done: Refund pays for the plane ticket!!

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/20/06 Medical update = No Vaccines Needed

3/22/06 Police Report Received

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

3/30/06 I-130 & I-864 Approved!

4/11/06 Visa Interview Scheduled

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Cool! My husband is from Melbourne :) I can't wait to get back over there....ask any questions you have - everyone here is super helpful

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Cool! My husband is from Melbourne :) I can't wait to get back over there....ask any questions you have - everyone here is super helpful

How long did it take for you to get your interview date? Did you request it to be on the 24th or was that the one assigned? If we started to get the ball rolling quickly now, do you think it possible to request a date around the last week of March/ beginning of April?

I bet you must be so excited!

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

How long did it take for you to get your interview date? Did you request it to be on the 24th or was that the one assigned? If we started to get the ball rolling quickly now, do you think it possible to request a date around the last week of March/ beginning of April?

I bet you must be so excited!

Generally, if you request an interview date several months in advance you should be fine. From what I've seen and done myself, two or so months should be ok...you will request three dates that would work for you, and then out of those three dates they assign whichever one is still available. You hear back from them in a couple weeks after you request. Or from what I recall. If I were you, and it sounds like this may be a possibility....request a few days in end of March and then one day in April...assuming you will be in Sydney that entire amount of time.

Good luck!

Sorry I've been MIA for a little while, but things have been soooo HECTIC!!

Update: Only 2 more weeks or so until our interview @ Sydney and we finally almost have all our paperwork together. I won one family court case, and only have one more to win now! So we're going ahead with all 3 DCF's as planned, and just waiting on permission to take my eldest to the US. Oh, and some more happy news... WE"RE PREGNANT!!!!!

That's an awesome reason to not be around lately! Congratulations, are the kids getting excited? First a big move and now another sibling! Wowsers. Good on ya mate!

I love my job.

Timeline

we sent in our request on Jan 3rd...requesting three daysin march. The day we got was our last choice, but at least we got it.

Giving the FCAT today (Standardized high stakes test) - really busy

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Thanks for the tips on the interview requesting. I'll keep it in mind. I haven't bought plane tickets or anything yet, I was just so hoping to bring him home for his birthday . . . If it's not till after Easter, that's fine, though. Gives him more time to get work done, right?

FCAT? You mentioned you were giving it, are you a teacher, if you don't mind my asking?

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

we sent in our request on Jan 3rd...requesting three daysin march. The day we got was our last choice, but at least we got it.

karo,

I just saw that you got married on the 28th of December -- so did we! :D Too funny!

Are you planning on filing everything in one day? The email I got from the consulate today said that I would need to file the I-130 and I-864 in person the Thursday before the interview is scheduled. I thought we could file it all at once on the same day? Has something changed about that? (I wish I had a thousand vacation days I could take from work!!!) Do you have your plane ticket yet? I'm so excited for you!

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

Sorry I've been MIA for a little while, but things have been soooo HECTIC!!

Update: Only 2 more weeks or so until our interview @ Sydney and we finally almost have all our paperwork together. I won one family court case, and only have one more to win now! So we're going ahead with all 3 DCF's as planned, and just waiting on permission to take my eldest to the US. Oh, and some more happy news... WE"RE PREGNANT!!!!!

That's an awesome reason to not be around lately! Congratulations, are the kids getting excited? First a big move and now another sibling! Wowsers. Good on ya mate!

Thanks mate, who knew we'd get pregnant within 1 day of being back together! crazy stuff! The kids are excited about the new baby and its hilarious to see them fight over whether it will be a boy or a girl. My daughter says "GIRL" and my son says "BOY" and they go back and forth in an argument, its too funny to watch! About the move they are both looking forward to being able to live as a proper family with a dad, although my daughter (who still doesn't have permission) occasionally gets weepy because we dont know when we can move because the decision is ultimately up to her dad to let us go. There is no way I would leave her behind. I am remaining as positive as I can for her, but breaking down on the inside knowing how much of a numbnut he is and how hard it's going to be to get his permission. Urggh. Oh yeah, and if we can't change his mind the trial wont be until August now :( Waaaaaaaaa CRIKEY BUGGAH & sooo many other expletives!

Oh yeah I got the kids medicals done yesterday too and a note for anyone that the costs of medicals went up on the 1st of February :ranting: All up their medicals and immunizations cost about $350. Hmmm, time to win lotto I think!

.png

Timeline

I posted in your other thread but yeah we are doing it all in ONE day. If you did the Thurs walk - in the only difference is you wouldn't need to be at his actual interview.

I am a guidance counselor, ex teacher :) what about you? I leave in 16 days, so yeah ticket has been purchased for a while. We had been planning this trip for ages because my friend is getting married in Sydney so we were going to go anyway.

We are ALSO going back again next xmas :) :) for his sister's wedding. Exy...but fun!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

oooohhh... I cant remember that stupid I864 rule. Which state was it that HAD to file the I864?? hmmmm....

There were two, I think it was NSW and TAS. Not sure!!

Though we didnt do that, so Im not sure why they would tell you that. Id just go with it!

I feel like garbage today. I have the cold from hell. :(

February 13, 2006:VISA APPROVED!!!!

November 18, 2006: Mia Grace is born

May 30, 2008: 10 year Greencard approved

karo,

I just saw that you got married on the 28th of December -- so did we! :D Too funny!

Are you planning on filing everything in one day? The email I got from the consulate today said that I would need to file the I-130 and I-864 in person the Thursday before the interview is scheduled. I thought we could file it all at once on the same day? Has something changed about that? (I wish I had a thousand vacation days I could take from work!!!) Do you have your plane ticket yet? I'm so excited for you!

The consulate probably dind't understand what your plans were. They do NOT use the term dcf and you have to be careful in regards to how to ask about it.

I love my job.

Timeline

i'm not worried :)

Dude - check this out. I just posted this in OT. I called my insurance people to get stewart put on my insurance. Turned out I only had 30 days after the marriage to add him - then I have to wait for open enrollment in SEPTEMBER! #######? I told them he wasn't even in the country yet and wouldnt be until april, essentially...and she's like, "Uh let me talk to my supervisor..."

I hate insurance. now what

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
i'm not worried :)

Dude - check this out. I just posted this in OT. I called my insurance people to get stewart put on my insurance. Turned out I only had 30 days after the marriage to add him - then I have to wait for open enrollment in SEPTEMBER! #######? I told them he wasn't even in the country yet and wouldnt be until april, essentially...and she's like, "Uh let me talk to my supervisor..."

I hate insurance. now what

User chalagafamilia just had a thread on this topic yesterday. I think it was their result.. was someone's.. that the *entry with the visa* became a "qualifying event" (like marriage) that allowed the USC to add the newcomer on to the policy. Find that thread.. there were a number of good solutions posted, but be prepared to persuade!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

The consulate probably dind't understand what your plans were. They do NOT use the term dcf and you have to be careful in regards to how to ask about it.

Here's what I sent them, which is what I cut and pasted from an earlier post:

Will you allow me, a US Citizen not resident in your country, to file a petition I-130 for my husband who is a citizen of your country?

I am requesting PACKET THREE and the I-130 form be sent to my husband so that we may begin the process. We plan on filing directly through the consulate with an appointment, not on WALK-IN thursdays.

Please send the packet to

Husband's Name

address in Aus

Please let me know if there is a problem

Thank you,

My Name

Aus Phone Number

US Phone Number

personal email

So, I'm thinking either they're changing their policy up a bit, or someone just sent me a random email about it. Either way, it will work. :)

oooohhh... I cant remember that stupid I864 rule. Which state was it that HAD to file the I864?? hmmmm....

There were two, I think it was NSW and TAS. Not sure!!

Though we didnt do that, so Im not sure why they would tell you that. Id just go with it!

I feel like garbage today. I have the cold from hell. :(

Lemon and ginger tea! Huge cure-all! I highly recommend it. Actual real lemon, sliced with actual real ginger root, also sliced. Dump them into boiling water. If you like it, add honey. Drink till you feel better. It kicks colds pretty well. Get some rest, too.

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.